Leather jacket for Tinymight!

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hi,
I create a thread here to post and share the leather jackets i create for the Tinymight without invading the TM thread.
All units are to sell (30eu).

The Jacket :
Easy to dress/undress with 2 snaps!
A hole on the front at the TM button allows you to use it with its jacket on the back!
A tab protects the battery space and brings stability to the whole.
The jacket follows the shape of the TM and is open at the bottom.

Material : Full grain leather (vegetable tanning), hand-dyed (solvantless), seamless design.
It is a good protection for your TM wood and for outdoor uses!
Handmade in France.

Ask me if you have any ideas, color wish or adaptations to make it even better!

Thank you!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Just to share a point of view . . . . . I really wouldn't want to wrap human inflicted torture, misery & death around my peace-loving vaporizer . . . . . . but if we were talking about many of the different types of non-animal, plant based 'leather' which are available, I might be interested :2c:

:peace:

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Surely there are better ways of expressing your view? I mean, this just seems crass to me....

You think what I said was crass, which I think is pretty ironic, as to me it seems far more crass (not to mention grizzly, among many other things) to be working with skins taken from sentient beings we, as humans, have slaughtered for our gain.

Please forgive me if you feel I came on too strong in my previous post but also, please understand this is an extremely emotive subject which is very close to my heart and, because of this, sometimes it can be difficult to be particularly measured in my manner when expressing these views.

Let me put it another way.
@Duba - in the interest of animal welfare, wherever possible, myself & many of my family & friends no longer use or buy items which incorporate traditional animal leather. Today, the vast array of available non-animal, plant-based 'leather' made from many different renewable, natural resources, is dazzling. Below are just some examples:
  • Apple leather
  • Piñatex
  • MuSkin Mushroom leather
  • The Hana plant (Agave)
  • Coolstone leather
  • Coffee leather
  • Wine (or grape) leather
  • Cactus leather
  • Nettle leather
And the processes used in production of these alternatives are far less damaging to the planet (and to us) than those used in the traditional leather industry.

Is there a possibility you could look into using any of these materials so you could produce animal friendly versions of your designs in the future?

Regardless of the material, your design & workmanship looks dope.

Last edited:

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hello Vegnvape,
Your concerns are legitimate, I thank you for sharing them with me.
I'll not enter into the debate of for or against, everyone is free to do what they want for themselves, their loved ones and society if they wish, I respect your choice without judgment.
To answer your question, it is not in my agenda at the moment to work with synthetic or vegetable materials.
I hope you won't mind...

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Let me put it another way.
@Duba - in the interest of animal welfare, wherever possible, myself & many of my family & friends no longer use or buy items which incorporate traditional animal leather. Today, the vast array of available non-animal, plant-based 'leather' made from many different renewable, natural resources, is dazzling. Below are just some examples:
  • Apple leather
  • Piñatex
  • MuSkin Mushroom leather
  • The Hana plant (Agave)
  • Coolstone leather
  • Coffee leather
  • Wine (or grape) leather
  • Cactus leather
  • Nettle leather
And the processes used in production of these alternatives are far less damaging to the planet (and to us) than those used in the traditional leather industry.

Is there a possibility you could look into using any of these materials so you could produce animal friendly versions of your designs in the future?

Regardless of the material, your design & workmanship looks dope.

I've no skin in this game, nor do I have a horse in this race.
However, your initial reply to an artisan was crass.
Your second reply was much more considered and actually provided some alternatives to leather.
I still think your passion would be better aimed elsewhere than small craft workers on FC but that is your business.

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
I still think your passion would be better aimed elsewhere than small craft workers on FC but that is your business.
It's not aimed at small craft workers on FC lol it's just calling it out when I see it in front of me. This shit starts at grassroots.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion but this is a public forum and my remarks were for the maker. So even though you have "no skin in this game" (lucky for you), thanks for getting involved.

@Duba thanks for responding.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
For what is worth i also dont consume animal products , simply because i dont like the taste/smell of it :). Having it close to my nose is not appealing,but at the same time synthetic leather also has a smell to it . I have some old military boots out of real leather ,that do not bother me at all. I guess i am not in for the moral side of it ,lol. In the beginning of my journey it really bothered me what other people are eating,but it is not the case as i made my peace with it long time ago. You cant change people you can just outlive them.
How about doing a jacket out of recycled old jeans,camo or hemp matter like the baggies that TM comes with . That is totally different field from leather working though,but might be a project to consider.
Embossing on leather looks dope though, maybe a flower of life stamp would would great ,or some other geometric patters.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: BubbleDrop

Duba

Accessory Maker
How about doing a jacket out of recycled old jeans,camo or hemp matter like the baggies that TM comes with . That is totally different field from leather working though,but might be a project to consider.
Embossing on leather looks dope though, maybe a flower of life stamp would would great ,or some other geometric patters.
These are good ideas that I can think of. Step by step!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hey man, I am interested, but I wondered if it's possible to make the body 3 or 4mm taller so that it covers the upright part of the top plate? Also it would be really helpful to have a list with pictures detailing colour options if at all possible.

Thanks again, it's really lovely work.

Duba

Accessory Maker
Hey man, I am interested, but I wondered if it's possible to make the body 3 or 4mm taller so that it covers the upright part of the top plate? Also it would be really helpful to have a list with pictures detailing colour options if at all possible.

Thanks again, it's really lovely work.
Hey,
Thanks for your interest!
Yes, i can make the body taller!
About colors, the best is to look at my etsy page or Instagram to see finished units (fw7 or TM). Each unit is unique but there are trends to see.
Also, if you have an idea/wish, just ask me and i'm sure it'll be possible to satisfy you!
Looking forward to hearing from you

Duba,
Reactions: Cheebsy

BubbleDrop

I don't wear leather either, and do hope that animal friendly versions will be available as well !

How about doing a jacket out of recycled old jeans,camo or hemp matter like the baggies that TM comes with .
Old jeans could be interesting !

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
@Duba - beautiful work!
can you provide a link to your Etsy storefront? I only see your Insta in your signature.

Jill NYC,
Top Bottom