L shaped side by side mod box enclosure

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Casting went relatively well I think.

IMG-20201015-061128.jpg

It already feels harder and stronger than before. I was able to position the female so it was more square to the mod. Not sure if the thread will be different on other P80s. I will try with my 2nd P80 at some point.

Next step will be sanding and polishing. It looks a little rough at the moment. I'll see if I can round those corners.

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
This version was a fail. When the epoxy set the 510 female was at slightly the wrong angle. Pretty gutted.

Had a few months to get over it, and brought some parts for another attempt. This time i might not bother making a body, or use a bolt to stop it moving. Not sure yet.

Trackrat

This version was a fail. When the epoxy set the 510 female was at slightly the wrong angle. Pretty gutted.

Had a few months to get over it, and brought some parts for another attempt. This time i might not bother making a body, or use a bolt to stop it moving. Not sure yet.
"Easy Peasy", so you would have thought. Best of luck. I hope you get this fingered out 🤞

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Third time lucky?

IMG-20210116-100226-01.jpg

I hope so. Same design but I used epoxy putty rather than casting resin.

Here it is still drying. I held it in place as I did not want it drying at the wrong angle. Looks more promising this time. Will report back once I have tested it!

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
IMG-20210126-164944.jpg

IMG-20210130-210758.jpg

This tale had a happy ending. The epoxy putty set in the right position. The splinter Z is at the right angle this time.

I put a piece of cardboard between the mod and the splinter while it was drying. This leaves a couple of mm gap so things aren't rubbing. I have left the cardboard in as a bit of heat insulation. The elastic band is not totally needed but I left it for a bit more support.

It works well and you can palm the whole vape quite easily. Finally happy.

P.S. One minus. I cant take the adapter off the mod any more. It set round the mod slightly. I would have to break it to free the mod. Splinter is still free to unscrew. Not a big deal I like this setup!

Last edited:
Top Bottom