KODI - Open Source Home Theatre

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Have any of you guys ever used this?? My dad was telling me about it a few months back, finally decided to check it out, what an awesome program.

It's essentially just a media center you can install on your computer (which I have) or if you want it on a TV you can install on an Amazon Firestick or FireTV (I did this too). One of the nice features of Kodi is it lets you play media from links on the internet, provided you have the link to input into Kodi.....

So what some people did was make these big repositories of links of TV shows and movies etc, and they continually update them. Some other people made skin builds, that compiles all these repositories into a clean UI. And some other guys made a nice nifty wizard that lets you install the full builds into Kodi without any sort of hassle.

https://www.tvaddons.ag/install-kodi/ - This is how you download and install it.

https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-ares-wizard-kodi/ - This is how you install Ares Wizard into Kodi itself. Once Ares Wizard is installed, you can pick a build through it (I used Pulse) and it will install that build into your Kodi program.

This guy has a decent tutorial for how to do it on an Android Box. Basically the same no matter how you install it. He used Fusion Wizard rather than Ares Wizard.

I got my Amazon Box for $100 and installed Kodi on it, it's basically payed for itself. You guys should check it out, if you like free media. I've watched countless TV shows for free. Countless movies. Yesterday I live streamed NFL Redzone despite not having it as part of my cable package, I can find it on Kodi :) I'm an American whose been trying to find Australian Survivor, I can watch all those regardless of region blocks. UFC fights are always available for the free stream. If you like Futbol or Boxing, those two also seem to be the big heavy hitters in terms of live sports. I watched all of the Shield when I missed it's original run. The Night Of and Game of Thrones are really good, even better without the HBO sub. Stranger Things and Narcos, both have been great, even better without the Netflix sub. I bought in my new house really fast internet and 100+ HD channels, I think I will need to restructure because I literally never use the cable TV other than the news.

Just sharing the love, I am usually pretty into techie stuff and had never heard of this until pretty recently, so just want to pass on the knowledge :) Have a good one!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Really? Wow, I remember the original XBMC from years ago. I remember buying an old Xbox (never had one before), and getting all excited when I upgraded to XBMC - course that was way before Roku and other streaming sticks existed.

Yeah, don't quote me but pretty sure they just retooled the old XBMC

I never use mine for offline stuff but glad to know it works good :) I think I'm gonna start Ray Donovan soon heard decent things

The jungle book was fantastic

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
Have u seen Utopia? I can definitely recommend that one. I haven't finished it myself yet so I don't know if it will be good from start to finish.

And yeah xbmc got pretty big since the old Xbox and I think a year ago they changed the name to Kodi. I tried the live sports stuff for football matches but on the end I always seem better of with ace stream and vlc. Somehow I never get it to work properly.

Last edited:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Have u seen Utopia? I can definitely recommend that one. I haven't finished it myself yet so I don't know if it will be good from start to finish.

And yeah xbmc got pretty big since the old Xbox and I think a year ago they changed the name to Kodi. I tried the live sports stuff for football matches but on the end I always seem better of with ace stream and vlc. Somehow I never get it to work properly.

Utopia.....on Fox?

That wasn't my bag really but there was a podcast series that recapped what happened and I truly enjoyed that more than the show lol. Really funny. If you hadn't seen the end I don't wanna spoil.

The show IMO had no direction. It wasn't a competition, so there was nothing to drive content. And the cast wasn't interesting enough to be invested in them with nothing driving content forward. Just my .02 not trying to knock it really just not for me.

They screwed the pooch too because they started airing in the middle of BB. Too much overlap and Utopia was trying to appeal to the BB RTV crowd who are already watching BB.

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: grokit

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Ow no no no not that one lol. This one:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia_(UK_TV_series)

Not even in de same league...

:lol::lol::lol:

I didn't want to be rude, the show I mentioned was legit horrible but you could attest to it so I didn't want to be an ass :lol: thank god though

That sounds good! I will check it out when done with Narcos.

Idk if you like RTV at all but my friend from casting is on this season of Survivor...I am hyped to say the least I have never had a vested interest before but I hope my boy Adam kills it!!....I could go on and on about why Survivor is one of best shows on TV but, tune in?! 17 seasons strong :clap: you'll see me there someday 12.5k payout for last place is still such a deal with your 36 day vacation.......and Kodi has em:) I am diverging cause my love of TV ;)

HellsWindStaff,

Drexciya

Homage to the Deepsea Dwellers
:lol::lol::lol:

I didn't want to be rude, the show I mentioned was legit horrible but you could attest to it so I didn't want to be an ass :lol: thank god though

That sounds good! I will check it out when done with Narcos.

Idk if you like RTV at all but my friend from casting is on this season of Survivor...I am hyped to say the least I have never had a vested interest before but I hope my boy Adam kills it!!....I could go on and on about why Survivor is one of best shows on TV but, tune in?! 17 seasons strong :clap: you'll see me there someday 12.5k payout for last place is still such a deal with your 36 day vacation.......and Kodi has em:) I am diverging cause my love of TV ;)

Survivor is pretty much the only RTV show that I watch. That one is pretty brutal. It airs tonight right?

Drexciya,
Top Bottom