Kanger HV

smrf1000

Hi everyone, newbie here so bear with me.
I've recently gotten interested in portable vapes and was looking for a nice one, without having to spend over $100. That's where the Kanger HV grabbed my attention.
For $65, it looks like a steal right? But what is kind of turning me off from it, is the lack of reviews and really any general info about it. I mean, the manufacturer's website doesn't even have them.
So, to make a long story short, I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the Kanger HV. Or maybe, any other alternatives comparative to the Kanger. Preciate it everyone.

smrf1000,

clouded vision

looks like another rebranded e-cig, you can get the exact same thing on ebay with a different name on it for a fraction of that price. do you plan to use it for flowers or oils? If it's for flowers then you definitely want to consider something else, my understanding is none of those pen vapes work very well for flowers

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Surprisingly enough clouded vision, what we have here is actually the source of many of the re-branded products that we have seen in the last little while.

Kangertech is a company out of Shenzhen which mass produces lots of different e-cig gear, most of which goes on to other companies for rebranding and resale. Most of the disposable oil pens we see around here are adaptations of the Kangers single coil horizontal cartomizers or EVOD products.

Their products are a bit of a strange breed. The really cheap stuff is hit or miss, some of it working great and some of it not working at all. But they make some really great products too at the higher end of the market. The ProTank is easily the finest tank you can get in the whole ecig market, for example.

That said, this seems to be a herb vape, and I have absolutely no experience with it. I don't have the greatest feeling about it though, as the design seems to have herb in direct contact with the coil. I could be wrong, but I would not risk being the one to find out.

clouded vision

Good info centizen. I'm new to pens (still waiting for my omicron v2 in the mail) so it just looked like every other e-cig to me. glad to know that it is at least the original, I agree though I wouldn't want to use it for herb when there are so many other options out there that are tested and proven by the members here.

clouded vision,

smrf1000

Alright, thanks clouded vision and CentiZen. What are some other vape pens you would recommend for around the same price then? I'm looking for one that specifically smokes herb.

smrf1000,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Looks nice but it is for oils. I need one for herbs :/. Is there really any GOOD portable vape out there for herb? Everything just seems to be for oils.
You said under $100?

The cheapest FLOWER (HERB) vaporizer is the SOLO.
There are cheaper ones if flavor is not important to you?

Expect to pay at $140.00
Easy to operate so start up learning is fast!

ataxian,

smrf1000

You said under $100?

The cheapest FLOWER (HERB) vaporizer is the SOLO.
There are cheaper ones if flavor is not important to you?

Expect to pay at $140.00
Easy to operate so start up learning is fast!

Mmm damn, is the Kanger really not even an option? I'm sorry, I just don't want to have to spend more than I have to but if I'm really just being a cheap bastard, then I'll cave. If not, i'll just go with the MFLB or the Firewood.

smrf1000,

clouded vision

you could go with a lighter vaporizer, there are numerous options well within your price range and quite a bit cheaper even.

If you can afford it though, the solo is an awesome vape

clouded vision,
Reactions: Seren

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Mmm damn, is the Kanger really not even an option? I'm sorry, I just don't want to have to spend more than I have to but if I'm really just being a cheap bastard, then I'll cave. If not, i'll just go with the MFLB or the Firewood.
vbat.jpg

http://www.vriptech.com/order.htm#

$19.99 above
$119.99 below

L13928979.jpg

http://www.overstock.com/Health-Bea...pspla&ef_id=UUoFmQAAANZkxdgQ:20130705224518:s
This will require some back up batteries as well.

ataxian,

smrf1000

Again, thanks everyone for your references and general knowledge. You've been quite helpful in leading me in the right direction in terms of what to go with. It looks like I'm going to go with the Firewood vape. A little more than I wanted to spend but I guess that is what you have to sacrifice for better quality. And it's new, which kind of excites me :D. But like I said, thanks everyone. If you have anything else to weigh in on, please don't hesitate.

smrf1000,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Alright, thanks clouded vision and CentiZen. What are some other vape pens you would recommend for around the same price then? I'm looking for one that specifically smokes herb.

http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=O%2dPHOS-Black-Portable-essential-oil-vaporizer

$69.99

But... that... it's...

It ALL stems from Kanger. Even this. This is one of their topcoil CE3 clearomizers, coupled with their new USB enabled battery. You could get this exact same package, without the D9 branding right from Kanger for half the price. Besides, the EVOD's blow that model out of the water for more or less the same price.

Either way, I don't think that you will be able to find a pen style vape that can do herbs well enough for a little while yet. Battery technology just isn't there yet. You need something that has a bigger cell than these pen batteries can provide to do a good job vaping herb. I think the firewood will serve you well.

CentiZen,
Reactions: ataxian

smrf1000

But... that... it's...
Either way, I don't think that you will be able to find a pen style vape that can do herbs well enough for a little while yet. Battery technology just isn't there yet. You need something that has a bigger cell than these pen batteries can provide to do a good job vaping herb.

Ah alright, I wasn't aware that it was sort of new technology. Well, that's a buzzkill but i'll just be a big kid and drop a little more money for what I need.

smrf1000,
Top Bottom