Just got pico 25 to go with Stempod Si and not getting good hits with artic fox autofire

Reez79

Have stempod SI and Pico 25 which can go up to 85w. Got artic fox on it and turned on autofire but by the time i can get a hit the mod is too hot in my hands. I’m also not getting a big hit like I would like. Is there something I’m doing wrong here? I’m a noob when it comes to this and artic fox. I have it on 33 watts. Am I doing something wrong

Reez79,

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
Did you replace the stock coils which are kanthal? TCR only works with SS.

Can I use temperature control?​

• StemPod OG and StemPod Si come with Kanthal coils pre-installed. These coils only work with wattage mode, and are easy to use in wattage mode between 30-50 watts.
  • These coils can be replaced with Stainless Steel coils via our versatile Build Deck. Stainless steel coils require various TCR settings for box mods. TCR settings recommended for e-juice vaporizers will not work for StemPod products as the coils must heat the air around them to the desired temperature, rather than the coils themselves.
  • Optimal settings can be found by experimenting with TCR settings until your vaporizing material is vaporized to a temperature that your box mod indicates.

Canna Chameleon,

Reez79

Did you replace the stock coils which are kanthal? TCR only works with SS.

Can I use temperature control?​

• StemPod OG and StemPod Si come with Kanthal coils pre-installed. These coils only work with wattage mode, and are easy to use in wattage mode between 30-50 watts.
  • These coils can be replaced with Stainless Steel coils via our versatile Build Deck. Stainless steel coils require various TCR settings for box mods. TCR settings recommended for e-juice vaporizers will not work for StemPod products as the coils must heat the air around them to the desired temperature, rather than the coils themselves.
  • Optimal settings can be found by experimenting with TCR settings until your vaporizing material is vaporized to a temperature that your box mod indicates.
I posted the video. I’m using it in watts mode. I didn’t put it in temperature control because I don’t know how to change the coils or even where to get the coils from. It’s in watts mode like you see in the video though

Reez79,

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
My mistake. Saw you said autofire and presumed the rest.

Ive not used the Stempod but have other 510s I’ve used in wattage. Traditionally it’s not a use for auto fire.

press and hold for 2-3 seconds to get warm and then inhale slowly for 6-8 seconds. how long are you letting it preheat.

Canna Chameleon,

XpeeN

So your older mod didn't get as hot when using the stempod the same? I guess it's because of the mod's build. you can try using an heatsink.
Anyway, for watt usage I don't think there's a need for autofire. It's been a few years since I vaped using wattage mod, but I used to warm it up for few seconds, then hit it and feel the vapor while pulsing the button as needed when it gets too hot. IMO the need for pulsing makes autofire unnecessary and I think autofire will actually make it harder to pulse.
I definitely recommend to learn how to install coils (you can order from AliExpress) and set up TC (with PI settings! personally I find P=900,I=50 working great).

BH491

It was my first vape
Liked the makers too
They sent me here, actually a couple times

But i really didnt like the need for long draws
On my 1 battery mod
The mod got very hot but i didnt mind,
I would hold it with the tips of my fingers,
But a case or rubber wrist bands could help with heat,

Usually used mine starting at(sometimes 30) 33w or 36 37 then up each time going up 3ish

And i dont know if i ever got vapor under a long 20 seconds and usually 25 30 seconds to 40 second draw, but not too much longer as would combust

Also my mod really could barely do 50watts well enough
So late 40s was pushing it

Also always got too black or combusted avb

Until i got the dosing pods (cant remember the pod names, if they were fury or...) which totally saved the vape experience for me,dont think i even ever combusted (idr)with them and avb is all even, i would definitely advise them and even told dan imho these absolutely need to come with the vape, he said he was looking into if he can sell them through his shop...

I always wondered if it would work better at higher temps
finally got a double battery mod
And started at 50watts and 55 and 60

I just tried this for the first time recently

And i gotta say for that short test
I think i got clouds much faster

It had me feeling like maybe thats the way to go if i ever use it again.
And maybe i wouldve used it longer before i felt I needed something easier with shorter draws,
The very long draws where too much for me.

I use a mighty atm for a while now,
And its the polar opposite in some ways especially the draw length ,baby easy soft short sips at 210c and(or 197c) and big clouds,(never enjoyed temp stepping with it, while only always temp stepped with the stempod)

Bottom line its a 20-40second draw at lower temps to the best of my knowledge and 33watts was great for me to temp step and get flavor but for clouds at least 36 37 up to 40watts
And maybe even much higher is better and at least maybe needs shorter draws

All the coils you used to be able to buy on their website. idk now,
But anyways i think they say its best to use wattage mode

nn

Last edited:
BH491,

simba

@weedanwine
Using the Stempod well is all about the way you inhale IMO Just preheat a few seconds and with a slow steady draw you'll get good clouds.

Have you checked the coils are heating properly?

simba,
Reactions: XpeeN
Top Bottom