• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

JCVAP "Pockety"

someguy

I noticed they have an XXL chamber listed now, it claims to be larger than the XL and it has a bottom heating coil. Unfortunately it doesn't work with the pockety though. Also it doesn't have an insert, which was my favorite part, that sic insert made it so easy to clean up after dabbing some homemade squish. The ceramic cleans up pretty easy but not on the level of the sic.
There's also a proxy knockoff listed as coming soon, the poby

someguy

“time can be adjust,35s,45s,60s,
and have 4 levels, 4 colors represent 4 levels 465~500F” from jcvap rep, think I’m going to try, wish it went above 500
Let us know how you like it if you decide to get one please.
I was tempted but I already have several e rigs, that price sure makes it appealing but that glass dome looks so fragile.

Lighthanded

I have an order coming from Jcvap including the new RBA to check out, The poby is interesting but the glass dome deters me. Im not a fan of autospinner caps and i dont use terp pearls so ill probably keep using the ball cap and joysticks i just find them easy to clean regularly and they work well for my preferred airflow.

@someguy i also noticed the XXL has bottom heating on a portion of it, and there is a pockety specific model available now. Really wish they had kept it side heating only and allowed for insert use, maybe even taller inserts. Love the cleanup on my ruby.

ondemander

Will this new cap work with the stock Pockety setup? I'm not sure what the XXL chamber is.

ondemander,
Reactions: someguy

Lighthanded

Received the new RBA chamber and the new XXL chamber and had a play with them on the pockety and peak. So the new XXL cap is a huge chunk of stainless steel tube that sits 1cm into the heater. I used the joystick for comparisons and use. The XXL chamber is wider - so much so that the top ceramic ring protrudes from the edge of the heater. Kind of annoying in cleanup.

When i transitioned to the 3DXL on the peak originally i had to drop my temps a fair amount - from 524 to 475 for rosin. I didnt change any temps for the pockety when i tried the XXL and it was fine, im sure theres more going on with the backend of the peaks software with it managing temps, where the pockety is very direct.

Flavour is excellent and it pumped out clouds at 505, feels like a good tradeoff for the more laborious cleanup coming from the ruby insert.
My partner however doesnt care for clouds/big hits and wants flavour at a manageable flow for her baby lungs to not hurt... back to the ruby and rba chamber for her pockety i guess. Couldnt feel a difference between the new rba chambers and the original design, guess its just down to easier to clean and assemble etc.

I tried the jcvap XXL chamber on my peak and before i could even get it on i could feel scratching resistance through it. i stopped and removed the chamber gently to find 4 small gold flakes had come off the coating of the peaks atomizer connector. sigh. i cleaned it out and tried a couple more times but nope. tolerances arent good enough for me to use it i feel, and i didnt want to potentially cause any more damage. Ill stick with my 3DXL on the peak.

Last edited:

vpuser

Will this new cap work with the stock Pockety setup? I'm not sure what the XXL chamber is.

No,it only fit the xxl and peak pro xl chamber

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Stumbled across these ball type carb caps that have swappable downtube diameter pipes, would make a nice upgrade to the crappy OG, not cheap though...about US$30,
1706407630300-png.51586

Last edited:

Kaptan

Does anyone have a Crossing Core 2.x unit as well as the Pockety? I’m curious if they’re comparable units and which might be the better option.

Lighthanded

Does anyone have a Crossing Core 2.x unit as well as the Pockety? I’m curious if they’re comparable units and which might be the better option.
I used a Core 2.0 with the v5? heater and a lightning pen prior to getting a pockety, both were ok for their use cases, i did find my friends core to drain battery pretty quick. It delivered decent little hits but it just didnt satisfy me and took a bit of work with the carb cap. I didnt like the setup and opted to try the pockety. I prefer the pockety/peak style glass, atomizers and carb cap design. The pockety cycles also run a fair bit shorter in time than the core iirc and i feel like the pockety vapes a bit more aggressively and heats up faster for sure.

Full temp control on the pockety is much nicer i think, and the ability to adjust presets is very handy for switching between different concentrates. Allows you to really be able to dial it in to your tastes.

CharmCityVapeGuy

Known to some and enigma to others
The Core 2.0 is good but I prefer the Pockety. The guy I sold the Core 2 loves it though.

CharmCityVapeGuy,

snirgol

Hi guys,

I recently got the jcvap xxl chamber for my pockety and I am in the market for a joystick cap as I don't like the auto spinner cap. I found a xl joystick for the peak pro that I would like to buy but not sure what silicone thingy I need for it. Any advice?

Lighthanded

Hi guys,

I recently got the jcvap xxl chamber for my pockety and I am in the market for a joystick cap as I don't like the auto spinner cap. I found a xl joystick for the peak pro that I would like to buy but not sure what silicone thingy I need for it. Any advice?
Youll need the puffco joystick silicone grommet to run the joystick on the pockety. The silicone itself isnt available unless you buy the whole carb cap with the standard 3d joystick. You can also use a Tuff Tethers Flux cap if thats more your thing -but youll probably want a tether if you dont have one already.

Joshtownsend

i just got mine in today with the XL chamber and whip for $158 shipped, from vgoodiez.

it definitely works as good as the puffco XL if you use the xl joystick though. the small ball cap and big autospinner both do a terrible job. So pretty much have to get a 3rd party glass xl ballcap which sucks. They don't sell the xl metal joystick separate anywhere.

pockety with the XL works perfect though and is totally worth the 158$ plus ballcap/joystick

Joshtownsend,
Reactions: VGOODIEZ
Top Bottom