Jamaican Vacation

Reveen

I'm heading to Negril, Jamaica on Monday morning to lay on the beach, drink rum, eat, and sample some of their organic herbs for a week. I'm super excited about it.

This will be my second time there, but the first time I couldn't smoke due to a job that did random testing. It was torture being offered weed at least 5 times per day without being able to partake. I plan on just buying a cheap wood pipe and leaving it there before I fly back.

Has anyone else been there?

Reveen,

TeeJay1952

Damn, it was late 80's or early 90's. Scored on the bus on from airport and at first rest stop.Was on the balcony when maid came in for turndown service. Wife almost lept off as the maid tried to tell us to "See her" for our shopping needs. Touring town (left compound) and "guide" says here and shoved baggie into my hands and demanded several hundred which I declined. He titled head back and yelled "He does not want to pay!" as loud as he could. Heads popped up and I did and paid 200 for what went for 25 everywhere else.

Reveen

Damn, it was late 80's or early 90's. Scored on the bus on from airport and at first rest stop.Was on the balcony when maid came in for turndown service. Wife almost lept off as the maid tried to tell us to "See her" for our shopping needs. Touring town (left compound) and "guide" says here and shoved baggie into my hands and demanded several hundred which I declined. He titled head back and yelled "He does not want to pay!" as loud as he could. Heads popped up and I did and paid 200 for what went for 25 everywhere else.

Holy shit! Nice story. 200 US dollars? That could get you 1/2 a pound through the right guy! I'm assuming it wasn't a big resort?

The only shady thing that happened when i was there last time was a guy on the beach put a string bracelet on my wife's wrist and tried to get her to pay for it. She took it off and tried to hand it back but he wouldn't take it so she just dropped it in the sand and we walked away.

We met some awesome Rastafarians on the beach that played music for us and shared some exotic fruit. Also met some rasta kid who was probably 15 asking if I wanted to buy some weed. I told him that I get tested at work, which he didn't understand. The look on his face when I explained that they collected my pee in a cup was priceless. He laughed for a solid minute at the thought of it. Nice kid.

Last edited:

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Have a great time man. I recommend bringing a lot torch powered vaporizer but her, that's just cause I refuse to smoke. I went with a vape pen in California and Washington because I didn't have a vaporizer.
Share some photos!

Diggy Smalls,
Reactions: Reveen

Reveen

Have a great time man. I recommend bringing a lot torch powered vaporizer but her, that's just cause I refuse to smoke. I went with a vape pen in California and Washington because I didn't have a vaporizer.
Share some photos!

Thanks! Having an awesome time so far. I didn't really have time to buy any sort of vape device to bring, so I've been just using a little wooden pipe I got here. It gets the job done so I'm happy.

I bought some herb from the dude who brought bags into our room, so within 15 minutes of arriving, it was all sorted. Before he took off to go grab the herb, I told him that I can be a little picky with quality and wanted the good stuff from Orange Hill. He brought back some super skunky sticks of some strong and sticky sativa. I was not expecting it to be as strong as it is, which is a very nice surprise.

https://imgur.com/a/RjMVB
RjMVB

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
Nice! Sounds like you got hooked up! I'll over here drooling before I go in to play with children all day lol

Diggy Smalls,

Reveen

Nice! Sounds like you got hooked up! I'll over here drooling before I go in to play with children all day lol

It's very nice... Of course the bag appeal is nothing like the stuff I usually get, but I tend to gravitate towards hybrids and Indicas, so a nice heady sativa is a good change of pace! Ive been lighting up pretty much everywhere that you can smoke cigarettes. Noone has batted an eye.... Even smoked while sitting next to hotel security pretty much all day yesterday. I know it's decriminalized here now, but it's still so much different to what I'm used to at home in South Dakota.

You work with kids or are you talking about your own? I'm missing my 1.5 year old son right now, he back at home with the grandparents.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Keep trying to source that orange hill Raveen! Glad you're enjoying yourself and the locals made sure you had some meds during your visit =)

psychonaut,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Reveen we want to hear all about your Jamaican vacation. Not just about the herbage but that's nice as well to know. I plan on going in the next few years I hope. Yes take some pics. Have a fun vacation. We will live vicariously through you and enjoy your trip just by hearing about it.

Reveen

@Reveen we want to hear all about your Jamaican vacation. Not just about the herbage but that's nice as well to know. I plan on going in the next few years I hope. Yes take some pics. Have a fun vacation. We will live vicariously through you and enjoy your trip just by hearing about it.

It's so great. Our first time here was 7 years ago...did a few vacations to Mexico in the past several years but it just couldn't compare. The vibe here is awesome and the people are so warm and friendly. Food has been great so far.
The jerk chicken is to die for! Herb is plentiful, mushrooms are legal and can easily be found as well. The Red Stripe is great too and I've been knocking back some pina coladas and other fruity tropical drinks because I don't usually drink that at home. Rastas walking the beach with guitars and other handmade instruments playing reggae tunes and belting out Marley-eque vocals.

Weather has been amazing, huge rain yesterday around 5-6pm. The locals call it "liquid sunshine". It was so nice because it was super hot yesterday afternoon and the rain cooled the air down to a pleasant 80° with a nice light breeze. Snorkeling was fun and I got to paddleboard for the first time too. I didn't fall, but came pretty close several times.

Would love to retire here and spend the rest of my days living a simpler life enjoying all that the island has to offer.

Reveen

The posts in this thread about getting hooked up reminded me of a scene from the movie Club Paradise.

Obviously I need to check out this movie! Looks hilarious!

Last evening here, all tired out from pina coladas, snorkeling, ganja, and food. Going to take it easy on our patio tonight and listen to the steel drum band while I try my hardest to get through as much of the weed as I can.

It's so awesome here. I've been to Denver and experienced the lax cannabis laws, but just being able to light up here practically wherever you want is so nice. I imagine a world where everyone can smoke like this sometime.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Reveen are there stores where folks can buy vaporizers for flowers? I don't know if I would feel comfortable trying to transport a vaporizer on a plane. A new Grasshopper if they were more dependable. It would look like a pen in the box, or in its leather sleeve.

@Reveen are there stores where folks can buy vaporizers for flowers? I don't know if I would feel comfortable trying to transport a vaporizer on a plane. A new Grasshopper if they were more dependable. It would look like a pen in the box, or in its leather sleeve.
No need. I used to buy clean vaporisers and take them with me. Now I just plan ahead and buy one from puffitup.com and send it to my destination. Most good hotels should be happy to assist.

It just removes any stress completely. Plus lighters, butane and various batteries can all be a concern when traveling even if unrelated to cannabis consumption.

Mr. Gweilo 420,
Reactions: Squiby
Top Bottom