I've got $150 and I'm in the market for a vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Project Janus

Hey all! It's my birthday today so I've decided to order myself a little treat. I want to get a vape, but I know very little about them so I was wondering if I may get a few suggestions here. As I said, I'm looking for something in the $150 range. I'm looking for something that is low in odor as I do not want to stink up the house, is efficient (I'd like to conserve as much herb as possible), and something with a low profile. Portability is a plus but isn't a necessity, neither is having a name brand. All in all I'd just like something sturdy that's worth the money. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Edit: I've been looking at a vapor genie as that has extreme portability, is efficient, and cheap as hell. I've also looked at the Vapir Oxygen Mini and the Vapir Air One 5.0 but have heard less-than-satisfactory things. The vape I'm looking at that has grabbed my attention the most is the Vapolution. Anyone have any experiences with this?

Project Janus,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hehe happy birthday Project Janus , you can't make you a better present than a vaporizer , for this price I think that a Purple day can fit in your budget and this is an exellent vaporizer ;pd; ,Also dont forget to enjoy FC !!
:party:

Clear_Dome,

Project Janus

Thanks! I haven't heard of a Purple Days vape before but after a quick google search, I like what I'm seeing. I'll have to do a little more research into one. Do you own one?

Project Janus,

Vaporholic

I own an Oxygen Mini. I like it. You just have to get used to it at first and not use the plastic mouthpiece or tubing that comes with it.

I also have a vapor brothers but it's not as portable as the mini but you can regulate the hits a lot more.

Those are all I know from personal experience.

BTW, Happy Birthday.

Vaporholic,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Project Janus said:
Thanks! I haven't heard of a Purple Days vape before but after a quick google search, I like what I'm seeing. I'll have to do a little more research into one. Do you own one?
yes I do , and I also own a lot of other vaporizer . If I only got 150 $ and only one vap to get I'll get a pd for sure !! but hey take your time to make your choice and read :) you'll find something for you !!

this is the oficial pd site : http://www.purple-days.com/

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
Do you own one?
Yes he does. So do I. I've been an owner for 10+ months. It's the best on the market for efficiency, durability, and so far looks to be as good as any for reliability as well. Nothing much to go wrong, really. Not to mention it's a pleasure to use. The ingenious heat exchanger makes for surprisingly good hits considering the small bowl capacity. This little vape has made big waves in the market in the last year. The builders, Tom and Pam, as we know 'em here, are directly responsible for the production of every unit, so quality remains high, and they have resisted making compromises or adding to the workforce in order to maintain this aspect. The PD is a highly functional work of art.

As for the others you mention, I'd stay away from Vapir products. They have a history of poor reliability, and a 90 day warranty doesn't help. The Vapir One gives you cheap bag use, but you really need to move up to the herbalAire or Extreme for satisfactory bag performance. The Oxygen Mini is the cheapest electric pocket vape, but if that's a priority, the extra $ for the I-inhale is worth it.

As for the Vapolution, I used one for about 2 yrs., and it's a nice home/portable, but IMO the Purple-Days (PD) is the vape most similar to the Vapo and blows it away in every aspect but heat up time, and since it draws so little power (equivalent to 2 night lights), most users run the PD 24/7, so it's always ready to go (a timer is also a good solution). My Vapolution has been collecting dust since I got the PD. Considering the efficient design, craftsmanship, and 4 hour build time, you won't find a better vape value anywhere.

I suggest you check out the PD thread- http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=48 to really get an appreciation for the unit. I know the length of the thread is intimidating, but it's pretty easy to spot the worthwhile posts. You'll find favorable reports on the vape at other forums, like marijuana.com, and cannabis.com, but the best info is here, including inside info from Tom and Pammy.

max,

josh

I own a PD as well and it is the best $150 I have spent. Solid as a rock and simple to use. Fully vapes the herb in so small an amount that even after 3-4 tubes it barely equals out to a half packed canister with the Vapir One 5.0 and gets me way higher while ensuring that every rip is a cloud of exhale. Upon reading that back I am not sure if that last sentence will make sense but I am fucking ripped right now so it will have to do.

josh,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Everything you said you wanted in a vape is accomplished very well in the Purple Days.

stickstones,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
sounds like this guy already owns a PD and was playing a little 'trick' with us :lol:

seriously everything you asked us fit the PD top to bottom..its a classy pickup man. You wont be disappointed. :cool:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

max

Out to lunch
Hennessy1414 said:
seriously everything you asked us fit the PD top to bottom..
You got that right. The PD fills the bill for every requirement he has- 'something in the $150 range, efficient, low profile, portability is a plus but isn't a necessity, neither is having a name brand, something sturdy that's worth the money'-what other choice is there but the PD? :)

I hope you're busy reading the PD thread PJ. ;)

max,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
I agree that the PD can be a great first vape (and that it is exactly in the price range you mentioned). I'd advise you on what to buy, but I don't know you AND you have no way of knowing if my recommendations are legit--other than by reading my other posts here at FC)

If cost is a (big) factor, I say that your best investment is to read around before spending money on anything (some of the ones you listed are not my personal favorites--but that could be because of personal preference or problems that may be more universal).

I know that I didn't tell you specifically which one you should get, but I hope this helps. ;)

PS: If you really just want a specific recommendation, I say go for the Volcano. MANY recommend it highly!... (it's around $500 and only/mainly(?) fills bags, so I am just kidding--obviously :p).

Progress,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
PS: If you really just want a specific recommendation, I say go for the Volcano. MANY recommend it highly!... (it's around $500 and only/mainly(?) fills bags, so I am just kidding--obviously tongue).
it took me minutes to figure out that that was a joke even though you said it was a joke :uhh:
epic fail on my part :rofl:

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
max said:
either is having a name brand, something sturdy that's worth the money'-what other choice is there but the PD? :)

I hope you're busy reading the PD thread PJ. ;)
these days I see the PD as a name brand...its really becoming known in the vapor world as a sturdy, reliable, cloudy, vaporizer :)

;pd; FTW!

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
Vape4therestofmylife said:
i couldnt just have the pd has my only vape the avb is 2 green.
i have a pd and vhw, the vhw is hardly ever used and im seriously considering selling it because i like the pd way better

btw there is very little "green" in the abv, the color is usually a very even brown, people can revape the duff at a higher temperature, but the p is still way more efficient than other vapes without having to resort to high temperatures that would release toxins and risk unwanted impartial combustion

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Vape4therestofmylife

no matter how dry my herb is i get like 3 nice hits and its still green.

i run it through my vapor cannon and makes it brown.

Vape4therestofmylife,

hazy

combustion fucker
Manufacturer
Are you using the stock power supply? I've used a couple of different power supplies and noticed a big variation in the colour of the duff, even though there was only a small difference in voltage. I can also feel the different temperature just by holding the PD.

hazy,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Let's stay on topic here please.

Vape4therestofmylife, if you're having trouble using your PD you can email Tom and Pam, we have a PD thread here as well...

vtac,

HoneyAir

:lol:

Looking at this thread title, then reading the original post... I did have to ask whether this post was a joke being played on us or not!

Its a perfectly tossed up ball ready to be smacked out of the park by the PD. :)

I'm one of the owners. Glass broke on my vape, so I decided on this one, best decision ever, I've knocked this vape over dozens of times and its definitely shaping up to be a 'lifetime' vape that I probably can pass onto future generations.

The best thing for me is that I am personally lasting twice as long on the same amount as I did before. The savings in cost and in being able to avoid the dry periods better is a GODSEND. You asked for efficiency? You cant get better than this approach.

Only con I can see is if you somehow are someone who hates the hard draw through a joint/have lung problems that prevent you from inhaling normally... the stiffer inhale is exactly what brings the efficiency however.

HoneyAir,

max

Out to lunch
The best thing for me is that I am personally lasting twice as long on the same amount as I did before. The savings in cost and in being able to avoid the dry periods better is a GODSEND. You asked for efficiency? You cant get better than this approach.
I'm to the point where I can't stand the thought of vaping high quality herb (expensive in my area) in anything BUT the PD. With another vape I'm either wasting the herb or taking such small hits that I get zero enjoyment out of the process.

Only con I can see is if you somehow are someone who hates the hard draw through a joint/have lung problems that prevent you from inhaling normally... the stiffer inhale is exactly what brings the efficiency however.
Not much of a con either IMO. You can always 'load light' for an easier draw, or take in outside air with your hit for a more normal breath.

This is turning into another PD thread, but it's what the doctor (OP) ordered. BTW, where did the OP go? Still reading the PD thread? :hmm:

max,

Purple-Days

HoneyAir said, "Its a perfectly tossed up ball ready to be smacked out of the park by the PD."

Maybe, but you won't see me posting under another name. Or having someone else do it. Not my style. ;)

I had a day that was 10 minutes short of 24 waking/working hours yesterday (and 6-1/2 hours sleep before getting up to go again) and we are not accepting orders till we get caught up. Replied to an e-mail yesterday that we were sorry to say we just won't take more orders right now.

So no way that I'm gonna try and play any games to make more work for myself and Pammy. I enjoy what I do and get satisfaction out of it. But yesterday was brutal and today will be too.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Purple-Days,

lwien

Hang in there Tom. There are business's and people out there that would pray and beg to have to be working so hard because business is so good. MUCH better than being thrown a curve ball and not being busy enough to even notice it.

But I know you must be asking yourself, "So wait, this is retirement?" LOL !!!

lwien,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom