• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

It's so weird commenting here now, after everyone left.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Every day I check for new updates here, before checking NFC, and every day there are a few updates from threads that I follow.

It's just a little odd how every day it's a little less and a little less, and it feels like a ghost town now.

Oh well. It is what it is. I hope this site remains as a searchable reference at least, or maybe someone is able to catalog it before it goes down. I'm just glad NFC is functioning under the same great management we're used to, and here's to the next decade of NFC!

Cheers!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
NFC is down for some reason :)) ! I am visiting oldFC daily and probably will keep doing it as there is so much awesome info here.
I am still having hopes that VTAC will pop-out some day and we will be able to unite somehow both data bases in one place. Maybe update on the old forum software to newer one,and transfering the posts from NFC if it is possible or the other way arround.
Edited:
NFC is back up :) !

Poostuff

Please delete
I’d join a website called FuckYouNewFC.
I haven’t joined yet because it seems like a lot of effort for me & I really hate changes.

I’m pretty sure vtac comes back just a couple of weeks every time before they need him, but now it looks like he’s gone for good so they’re shutting the threads down & have opened a new site.
Maybe I’ll go down with this sinking ship :lol:

Oh wait... it looks like everyone is keeping the dream alive by selling their old stuff on the classifieds here.

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I haven’t joined yet because it seems like a lot of effort for me & I really hate changes.

I’m pretty sure vtac comes back just a couple of weeks every time before they need him, but now it looks like he’s gone for good so they’re shutting the threads down & have opened a new site.

Oh wait... it looks like everyone is keeping the dream alive by selling their old stuff on the classifieds here.

My issue has more to do with this software. The system is compromised, your email/password logins and PM's on this site have been stolen, hopefully you used a random password generator so it's not used anywhere else on the interwebs.

Right now this forum is about as secure as a screen door on a submarine, and it's only going to get worse over time. And I'm only talking about the security side of things. As mentioned elsewhere, behind the scenes mods can see the database itself is very corrupted on the back-end (anyone else notice the notifications saying someone responded to a post and you're like ok - they never replied to YOUR post or to a post you follow - that's the corrupt database spitting out incorrect notifications to the wrong users haha)

An overhaul is seriously long-overdue. Yeah, it sucks leaving fuckcombustion.com behind. However that's not always a bad thing - pretty sure imgur hasn't blocked NFC.....yet :lol:

Yeah it'll take a while adjusting to the newer fancier forum interface, but I'm liking what I see so far

Ramahs

I'm convinced that the new page is in good hands though.

Hell...I'm in support of them monetizing (within reason of course) to both cover the site's maintenance & improvement, as well as to possibly compensate them for all the dedication.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device

And HE IS BACK !!!! :D :D :D

Poostuff

Please delete
My issue has more to do with this software. The system is compromised, your email/password logins and PM's on this site have been stolen, hopefully you used a random password generator so it's not used anywhere else on the interwebs.

Right now this forum is about as secure as a screen door on a submarine, and it's only going to get worse over time. And I'm only talking about the security side of things. As mentioned elsewhere, behind the scenes mods can see the database itself is very corrupted on the back-end (anyone else notice the notifications saying someone responded to a post and you're like ok - they never replied to YOUR post or to a post you follow - that's the corrupt database spitting out incorrect notifications to the wrong users haha)

An overhaul is seriously long-overdue. Yeah, it sucks leaving fuckcombustion.com behind. However that's not always a bad thing - pretty sure imgur hasn't blocked NFC.....yet :lol:

Yeah it'll take a while adjusting to the newer fancier forum interface, but I'm liking what I see so far
I understand how comprised this site is, we have a few threads warning us about this that I’ve been reading for a while.

I’m hopeful the new site will be more secure for everyone joining.

It took me a long time to join this one, but sometimes just reading & not posting is enough for me, plus I don’t think anyone will really miss my contributions.

Also I’m pretty sure no one has been fitting screen doors on Submarines since the Irish stopped building them in 1979.
I imagine those just get worse over time, it’s like one submergence & then it’s all over :lol:

Poostuff,
Reactions: LesPlenty

Hammahead

And HE IS BACK !!!! :D :D :D
Or someone figured out his password? Maybe not someone friendly... as @Ratchett said, due to the missed updates, the system might be totally compromised so nobody actually knows anything for sure. I'm glad I'm using a junk email for registering at fun and hobby sites like this, so even if anyone can read my my password when logging in, it will not help anyone to do anything malicious.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Just a quick comment. Yes there are some long overdue updates needed here. However security has always been taken seriously here with measures in place.

The system is compromised, your email/password logins and PM's on this site have been stolen
If you have evidence of this please PM me.

As mentioned on the other site, pak, Stu and I are working on things. Thank you for the kind words and for hanging in there. :)

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

I'm surprised to see this. No one has ever reported stolen passwords or email addresses. All we've seen is speculation that it could happen, with no evidence produced. We never thought the database instability was due to a security breach.

Besides, FC has never collected any other personal information, so anything else would have to be information that you made public anyway. Furthermore, I have long urged people to register with a throwaway mailbox. The information here is hardly worth stealing anyway.

wastedpotential

There are different ways to keep things secure. The old software may have bugs, but those can be mitigated at the server level.
At times, I have had some old Wordpress sites on my servers which I had to lock down harder than usual until they upgraded their software.

For this forum, both the new site and the old site seem to be using the same software (XenForo), so updating the current forum would make it as secure as the old one.

I also think that since the purpose of the new site was because the founder was MIA and they were wisely having a backup plan, then the original reason for the new forum is no longer valid.

...just offering possible insight

ginolicious

I don’t check here daily. But I came to see how it’s holding up. I kinda rotate between both now I guess.

ginolicious,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Now that FC has been updated and saved, what are the differentiators between the two sites?

FC has the classifieds, NFC has grow discussions, but are there other differentiators?

FlyingLow,

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
Now that FC has been updated and saved, what are the differentiators between the two sites?

FC has the classifieds, NFC has grow discussions, but are there other differentiators?

The new site has current software, and is fully controlled and owned by the new team. This site has obsolete software, and the owner is AWOL. I expect that one day this version will go down hard and not be able to get back up.

Relaxed,
Reactions: vtac

ginolicious

The new site has current software, and is fully controlled and owned by the new team. This site has obsolete software, and the owner is AWOL. I expect that one day this version will go down hard and not be able to get back up.

vtac did come back and has been updating this forum and severs though.

ginolicious,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
vtac did come back and has been updating this forum and severs though.
EXACTLY! Soon old FC will also have pics, latest software, etc. With Vtac back, are the efforts redundant, or is there room for each site to have its own identity?

FlyingLow,

wastedpotential

Once the old site, now with the updated software, is properly configured, all should be good.
I think merging the two forums might take more work than is really necessary. The FC community can just see those 2 months as 'the gap year of 2020', and allow the NFC to shut.

A few DNS changes and hosting changes can also have FC use the friendlier FCombustion domain, while the old links still point here properly. Internal links and post ids should remain the same, so fuckcombustion.com/threads can easily point to fcombustion.com/threads.

Let us be patient as the team works things out.

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
As usual, I spoke without knowing all the facts. I had no clue vtac had returned. :bang:

Relaxed,

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
It does seem a little quiet here, I’ve only recently begun coming back and there are still some threads that I find interesting a lot of good information here.

Ramahs

It does seem a little quiet here, I’ve only recently begun coming back and there are still some threads that I find interesting a lot of good information here.

Yeah, just hang tight. They are still "remodeling" here.

Ramahs,
Reactions: Bad Dog
Top Bottom