Issues deciding on a vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginolicious

Really actively looking for a portable vaporizer. Price is a concern for me. Also hoping for a convection that is easy to use with a decent battery life. The swift pro is off my list due to the battery not lasting long. So then I was going down the CF and CFX route. Both affordable. Both highly recommended but not full convection. I also checked out the fire wood. Don't really like the looks and feel it will be complicated to use.

Is there any other vapes I should be checking out for convection or am I just going to end up with a CF or CFX.

yogoshio

Annoying Libertarian
The CF anf CFX are still conduction for sure.

However, they are solid products.

Since price is an issue you may want to reconsider full convection as they definitely tend to be higher cost. Having had both, I prefer the flavor of convection, but I certainly loved my Flowermate V5.0s and my Pax.

yogoshio,

Bad Ocelot

Dunno if you're going to find a full convection vape on the cheap. The crafty & mighty from S&B might be good options, but they are a little pricey. Dynavap's vapcap is conduction but a high performance device that can be had for as little as $30

ginolicious

I was toying with the Flowermate pro for a while as well but I don't know how I will like that one. I am a micro doser and pack huge bowls at the same time depending.

ginolicious,

Squiby

Dynavap's vapcap is conduction but a high performance device that can be had for as little as $30

The Vapcap is a hybrid conduction/convection.

The new, just released titanium tip for Vapcaps is now more convection than before as more hot air passes through the herb chamber from under the heated cap. The new tip also allows for three different screen positions to adjust the herb chamber for small, medium and larger loads.

It is the perfect microdose vaporizer.

420democrat

I second the vapcap vote it's a nice vape to get your feet wet budget friendly capable of micro dosing or getting yourself hammered and it's fairly easy to use
Lotus also comes to mind unless of course your after stealth... And Imo s&b are the best all around portables for all users I've been through most on the market still can't keep my hands off my mighty

420democrat,
Reactions: Squiby

natural farmer

Really actively looking for a portable vaporizer. Price is a concern for me. Also hoping for a convection that is easy to use with a decent battery life. The swift pro is off my list due to the battery not lasting long. So then I was going down the CF and CFX route. Both affordable. Both highly recommended but not full convection. I also checked out the fire wood. Don't really like the looks and feel it will be complicated to use.

Is there any other vapes I should be checking out for convection or am I just going to end up with a CF or CFX.
For economic full convection vaporizing you can build or order yourself a Project Eraser or buy an equally economic MistVape Touch... Milaana is not far off at 189$. You might even find a second hand one in classifieds for less... ;)
If you don't mind using lighters Lotus is a great convection vape, Vaporgenies as well and if you dont mind throwing a little conduction in the game Vapcap is also an amazing vape.

ginolicious

I currently have a Vapir rise 2.0 desktop. Love the thing. Just need a solid portable under $300. But it seems the convection dream is disappearing haha.

ginolicious,

natural farmer

I currently have a Vapir rise 2.0 desktop. Love the thing. Just need a solid portable under $300. But it seems the convection dream is disappearing haha.
Why is it disappearing? If $300 is your limit then price is not exactly a concern for you right? So many choices...
You need it pocketable and stealth as well? Durable?

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
For economic full convection vaporizing you can build or order yourself a Project Eraser or buy an equally economic MistVape Touch... Milaana is not far off at 189$. You might even find a second hand one in classifieds for less... ;)
If you don't mind using lighters Lotus is a great convection vape, Vaporgenies as well and if you dont mind throwing a little conduction in the game Vapcap is also an amazing vape.

@ginolicious -- I second the vote for the Mist Vape Touch! Full convection and well under your $300 budget cap! It's a quality build and a very attentive designer/builder!

Contact @mistvaporizer in the MVT thread as was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Fat Freddy,

ginolicious

Why is it disappearing? If $300 is your limit then price is not exactly a concern for you right? So many choices...
You need it pocketable and stealth as well? Durable?

Just need a portable that is relatively durable with good battery. Doesn't need to be pocket and stealth size like the pax 2.

Need something to be able to take on the go, bring to people's houses cause I'm the only vaper.

ginolicious,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Sounds like you might be approaching a state of "pre-VAS, analysis paralysis"! Many of us have been there too.

Try contacting FC member, @stickstones , as he is sort of the FC concierge and will help you narrow down your choices based upon your wants and needs.

Let us know how it turns out! :rockon:

Last edited:
Fat Freddy,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Maybe you can give a look at the Prima from Vapir, it's a very nice vape using a lot of convection. actually it's a 139$ at vapir.com.

I agree about the Touch, that's a very nice on-demand vaporizer although you have to be on a waiting list for the next batch, I love it!

Why not a Grasshopper? I never tried it but it is in your price range.

The FW4 seems to be an amazing choice too...I still need to get one!

There is some others nice convection vape...the MiVape, the incoming Tubo, the Fm swift, MiniVap (but not on your price range), Project from Pipes is amazing if you are not looking for a no-brainer vape and a bunch of butane powered vapes ( Daisy, Vapcap, NimbinVap, Vapocane, lotus,Vaponic,;..). The ESV is one of my favourite but out of your price range!

BadDog No

I have 6 portable convection vapes and any of the 5 types are in your price range. Most powerful is my Supreme V3 which is actually more in the transportable range, since you have to take about 2 minutes to heat it up with a good butane torch. Least powerful, but arguably best tasting, are my original Fireflys and of course they're neither still manufactured, nor supported (except for batteries) so you can find them used for $100 or less. Most portable and stealthy? Kind of a toss up between the Firewood 4 and the Grasshopper, neither of which is easy to obtain, but great vapes both (and incredibly easy to use). The FW4 wins that shootout because of battery life and ease of reloading( the capsules are a small pain to actually load up but carry a spare and a swap is maybe 2 seconds). Which leaves RBT's Milaana. Portable, quick warmups, long battery life, but it's unregulated and not everyone's cup of tea because you do everything with breath control. Good luck narrowing it down to one. I obviously couldn't...;)

Last edited:

ShovelHead

Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory!
I recommend the Haze Dual V3 - Conduction, Convection, Concentrates and Excellent Battery Life :nod:

Last edited:
ShovelHead,
Reactions: Sketch420

ginolicious

Was looking at th lovely Mivape. Relatively easy to use and clean. Comes apart Rey nicely for cleaning. But that stem seems like it would get hot. My next concern isn't I have not heard anything on the battery or if the company is still in business. Thought they got out of the vape game no?

ginolicious,

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thought they got out of the vape game no?
Yes it seems they are out of business now, it's a shame cause the Mivape get some potential, it si very tasty and conservative at low temp and works great with concentrates!

Yes @BadDog No i forgotten to mention the Firefly! so much choice!

Last edited:
PPN,

ginolicious

Seems that haze v3 may be it. Does everything I want and seems to have very nice vapor production. It's lay out and only 4 temps is a bummer. But I think it should get me to where I need to be.

ginolicious,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Maybe you can give a look at the Prima from Vapir, it's a very nice vape using a lot of convection. actually it's a 139$ at vapir.com.

Used a Prima for a few sessions earlier this week and thought it was a pretty sweet little vape. Don't know why we don't hear more about it around here.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: PPN

ginolicious

Prima isn't my cup of tea. I am a Vapir fan though just didn't like how it hit or its design.

I do have to say I think a Boxing Day purchase from Toronto vaporizer in a haze v3 in purple is going to be ordered.

ginolicious,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Don't expect about true convection with the Haze, even with the convection screens it stays a conduction vape...imo.

PPN,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom