ispire wand inserts for dynavap question.

Dejavu

Heard some great things about this but also see these too.

I was wondering if anyone had a non bias experience with either of these and know which one might work better? Thanks.

Could not edit my post, so adding this from reddit. Looks like both work but skull is cheaper and doesn't use glass, so no risk of breaking.

Also later on in the thread, a lot are hating on the wand in general...I'm looking for a good induction heater that is simple to use for anyone trying out a dynavap and knows to listen for a click.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dynavap/comments/xnc9of
If anyone else has anything to add, I'm all ears but I think that is a decent thread if others google and find this thread.

VapeForHealth

I own the wand, and I own the SK insert. I also previously owned the official Ispire DynaVap insert.

The SK insert is much better than the official insert. You can adjust the depth of the SK insert using the silicone "spacers" that are included with the product. You can just set your preferred depth, insert your DynaVap and wait for the click. With the official insert, there is no depth adjustment, and I had to manually hold my DynaVap at the correct depth or the flower would combust before the click, thus rendering the official insert useless. Luckily I was able to return the official insert after bringing this issue to the vendors attention.

As far as the "hating" on the wand on Reddit you mentioned, I saw some complaints about it, but decided to go ahead and try it for myself. I have not had any problems with it AT ALL except for the aforementioned issue with the official insert.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Dejavu

I own the wand, and I own the SK insert. I also previously owned the official Ispire DynaVap insert.

The SK insert is much better than the official insert. You can adjust the depth of the SK insert using the silicone "spacers" that are included with the product. You can just set your preferred depth, insert your DynaVap and wait for the click. With the official insert, there is no depth adjustment, and I had to manually hold my DynaVap at the correct depth or the flower would combust before the click, thus rendering the official insert useless. Luckily I was able to return the official insert after bringing this issue to the vendors attention.

As far as the "hating" on the wand on Reddit you mentioned, I saw some complaints about it, but decided to go ahead and try it for myself. I have not had any problems with it AT ALL except for the aforementioned issue with the official insert.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
the silicone insert? I thought that one was capable of adjusting the silicone to where you would like it?

If SK is the only one to do that, then I will definitely go that route. I was told to try and wait for the FFP, that IH will be top tier.

I like to go for 1 hit extractions or 2 minimum. I heat from the bottom, so I was curious if I could try and go for that with an IH. I use a FMJ and get some real roasted hits but tried without the cap and on the click, barely got the avb brown at all. I'm using a single flame pocket torch that is pretty small. Just hoping to get good results with a IH and not have to buy butane fuel.

VapeForHealth

the silicone insert? I thought that one was capable of adjusting the silicone to where you would like it?
I thought that as well, but the way the glass cup inserts into the silicone and then into the wand make adjustment impossible. Basically the silicone just "widens the glass cup" it makes the glass cup fit into the wand as the hole in the wand is larger than the glass cup. It has no bearing on the height/depth of the cup.
If SK is the only one to do that, then I will definitely go that route. I was told to try and wait for the FFP, that IH will be top tier.
There's always something better around the corner. The next "best" product is always "coming soon!" It is a personal choice, but sometimes it can be a good idea to get what is "best" now and enjoy it while you wait and see how great the next best thing is. This is a up to the individual or course.
I like to go for 1 hit extractions or 2 minimum. I heat from the bottom, so I was curious if I could try and go for that with an IH. I use a FMJ and get some real roasted hits but tried without the cap and on the click, barely got the avb brown at all. I'm using a single flame pocket torch that is pretty small. Just hoping to get good results with a IH and not have to buy butane fuel.
You will have to experiment with the "spacers" on the wand, add/remove them to get the depth right to "emulate" where you heated with your torch. You will also need to experiment with how long to leave it in after the click as well to get your sweet spot. It was great to ditch the torch and FMJ.

Last edited:
VapeForHealth,
Reactions: Dejavu

350ro87

Ngl I have the glass insert and I find it just extends the heat up time too long which kills ya batteries quicker. Much rather just use it with no insert. There's a lip on the wand u can just leave the tip on an angle so it's still hands free

350ro87,

Gunner

Hello all, first post here. On topic: I have both inserts for the wand. As mentioned the official Dyna glass adapter with silicone spacer around it increases the heat up time and really no depth adjustments. You need to put the pass through glass adapter in the wand and adjust where the cap sits inside the wand manually. The SK adapter is carbon fiber and I have found no perceivable difference in heat up time compared to using no adapter whatsoever in the wand. The silicone landing pads ( I believe 3 are included with the SK adapter ) can be stacked inside the SK adapter to adjust where your cap is heated. I was able to dial in my sessions to match my extraction using a single torch aimed at the bottom of the cap reliably and repeatability. Hope this helps someone.

jkeyes98

I've used both and they both work great, down side to the ispire one like mentioned before is there isn't a way to easy change the depth of the cap. I solved this with a silicone mat that I cut into 2 small discs that rest at the bottom.
The SKC I felt the need to lower the chamber rather than raise it up to get the same result. I don't have photos of the SKC cause I gave it to a friend.

I get 1 hit extraction with both of my setups.
Vong Ti Tip (Half Bowl) + Revolv - generally used without glass super smooth
21M Tip (Full Bowl) + Vong - mainly used through a glass of some sort and I get very thick heavy vapor.

They both work great. SKC seems to work better out of box.

Edit: Just noticed that you use your Ispire insert installed from the top with glass slid up from under, I bet that's why you don't need any spacers for good results. My insert doesn't fit from the top and noticed that other people have reported the same.

Last edited:

Dejavu

I just bought a used ispire wand.

v .15 and showing 4 heat layouts instead of showing a temp?... says 2021

is there anyway to update the firmware and also is it worth changing it to temp mode?...

using for a dynavap.

Dejavu,

VapeForHealth

is there anyway to update the firmware and also is it worth changing it to temp mode?...

using for a dynavap.
I am sure there is some way to update firmware, but perhaps not for the end user as far as a cursory search shows. Not sure if a manual was included since you say you bought it used, but here is a link to the manual:

I keep mine at 350F as that is what was recommended in a few videos I watched, and the SK insert recommended that temperature as well if I am not mistaken. However, some have said it doesn't matter what temp you set it to. I have had no issues at 350F.

Good luck!

VapeForHealth,

badbee

using for a dynavap.
For heating VapCaps you won't need to make any adjustments to the timer\temp. Set it to high (not that it matters) and go until you hear the click. That timer (it's not really temperature) is only relevant for dabbing.

I heat for an extra 1.5 seconds after the click and add an extra 0.5 seconds for each bar below full power. That sounds overly complicated but becomes second nature very quickly

Dejavu

For heating VapCaps you won't need to make any adjustments to the timer\temp. Set it to high (not that it matters) and go until you hear the click. That timer (it's not really temperature) is only relevant for dabbing.

I heat for an extra 1.5 seconds after the click and add an extra 0.5 seconds for each bar below full power. That sounds overly complicated but becomes second nature very quickly
I think no insert is what will work best. This is what im hearing a bit.

Dejavu,

TangibleHangnail

using for a dynavap.
I think the 4 unit display vs the temperature display is controlled by the internal "flower mode" switch. Does yours also flash green when heating in auto mode?

TangibleHangnail,
Top Bottom