• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Is vaporizer efficiency oversold?

howie105

Except we can observe with science or whatever how efficient the delivery of plant parts and pieces are to the person via differing methods ... whether the person feels or not is irrelevant LOL
it's just Feeels

Sorry I didn't mean to give the impression that the technical aspects were not observable just that the experience is different from one person to another, so different individuals are likely to rate a vape high differently from a combustion high in spite of what the studies say.

C No Ego

Sorry I didn't mean to give the impression that the technical aspects were not observable just that the experience is different from one person to another, so different individuals are likely to rate a vape high differently from a combustion high in spite of what the studies say.
Smoking is a form of vaporizing too . teh heat cinder will release the molecules stuck in the plant fibers nearby and tun them into an aerosol gas. it is dirty ass vape but still that is how it works ... a clean heater that is not a cinder makes fro a much better heat sink

howie105

I understand the process, but my point remains "Being high is a subjective experience, so calling vaping over or underrated is also subjective, IMO." I have seen this topic go cyclic before, so I am going to exit at this point. Peace

C No Ego

I understand the process, but my point remains "Being high is a subjective experience, so calling vaping over or underrated is also subjective, IMO." I have seen this topic go cyclic before, so I am going to exit at this point. Peace
itis a scientific fact that a heat cinder at those temps will completely destroy so much viable deliverable compounds in there ... a lower temp heater ina vape not so much . smoking deolvers about 15 to 25% max phytocannabinoids... vaping can deliver up to 95% of them , cleanly to boot

JBone65

I suspect a lot of folks are dissatisfied with some of the portable raw herb vaporizors. I have an expensive portable vape device in the closet, which is not a convection design, which is definitely not efficient. It requires more weed and it apparently can't give a satisfying hit. Have been happy with the grasshopper since 2016, and the grasshopper io for the past 9 months. Even though I think this device significantly reduced my monthly expenses and quickly paid for itself, there are a people who didn't have a good experience with grasshopper, especially with the original model. Although somewhat idiot-proof, they can be finicky, and probably should be used a certain way for optimum performance. Not saying there's lots of idiots out there.....well.....there could be.

Endless Interim

I find I never get burnt out vaporizing, while I did when I combusted. Have no idea why.
Same here.I sleep great.I have insomnia and vaping makes that sleep possible and I wake up the next day ready to do whatever I need to do refreshed and not burned out.Also like not having the smell of yesterday's funk on me too.I hit my Dynavap with 5 full bowls then hours later smoked 2 more full bowls and an hour later ate two Indica gummy drops.Rented Color Out Of Space with Nicolas Cage.Man.....an hour into that movie shit kicked in:D....big time.I had light acid type visuals and such a HIGH head in the clouds high that if I was that high from combusting...not a thing would have been gotten to today except loaf around feeling burned out.Movie got weird and freaky right when it kicked in:lol::lol:.

And here I am today looking to start all over again but not as hard feeling like I almost did not even use yesterday.So for me vaping is where it is at.The pros outweigh the cons.

JBone65

My earlier post was about how some vaporizers are oversold, but I don't think vaping weed is oversold at all. The herb's natural fragrance just happens to be a wide assortment of psychoactive compounds that affect humans in strange ways. I hold the view that the effects are somewhat spiritual, maybe even medicinal considering the alternatives. It's mind boggling that all of these psychoactive compounds turned out to be aromatics and can be extracted without combustion. I don't have to be sold on it, I'm too busy trying to saturate myself with thc. I hope weed vaping is as healthy as I think it is....

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I know that I used to smoke about an oz a week, and an oz now lasts me more than a month since I switched to vaping.
That's an especially interesting anecdote, considering I get high more frequently these days.

That being said, I've never measured my doses.

Steamer

I've been FC'ing for 4 months now and in my opinion, the biggest difference is that you get more specific effects from the strain that you're vaporizing. What I can easily get around here is haze., you'll be VERY lucky to find some good indica or hybrids which I always preferred.
A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to be in Amsterdam so I picked up some of what I liked most.
Let's say that the LA confidential gave me the body high that I was lacking before :lol: and after trying out different strains, I can really tell the differences between them just by the effects.

All in all the benefits of not smoking are more important to me than efficiency. After all, the only way you're ever going to save money is when you stick to one device and use the living daylights out of it. But no one is immune to VAS :rofl:

~vapeslut.xo~

I think a tolerance break before vaping is an excellent suggestion that should be followed!
I did not follow this advice, and it led me to...my search for increasingly powerful vapes!
Just as you predicted.

...Of course, i may have ended up doing that anyway...I think that is the eventual fate of most who find this forum! :) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :clap::clap::rofl:

Now here are some other things that are pure conjecture from my stoned brain :smug: :smug: :smug:

-I think people who vaporize tend to be professional or at least not living up the stoner stereotype
-I think vaporizing makes it more possible to be :buzz:a "productive stoner!" (due to all these facts in the thread!)
-I think vaporizing as my secret weapon. i live in California and everyone smokes herb!! but no one i know vapes ....or they hide it well. Like me :)
-I think vaporizing is just vapey :spliff:

-One last thing...I still think a joint is like the "purest" or...if you wanna go into "what are we supposed to do with this plant?"
I think a joint might be the most natural, traditional...and tradition and nature i hold in high regard!!
So i kinda look at people who smoke joints like..."hmm...maybe I am missing something!" you know?
But i smoked a J last night and it was gross. So i dont see it happening often :sherlock:

Last edited:
~vapeslut.xo~,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don't know what everyone is talking about. I was a heavy user as a smoker, and from the start of using a dry-herb vape I've always been able to get just as good of a high from vaporizing as I would get by combusting.

I only vape these days. And my main reasons aren't the health benefits compared to combusting. My main reasons are 1) It takes so much less herb for me to get to the same level high, 2) It tastes sooooooo much better. 3) It leaves so much less smell that doesn't linger in my home, car, clothes, etc.

Of course it's healthier as well, which is an added bonus.

Also, another minor benefit is that it's so much easier to keep glass clean when it's only used with vapor.

Last edited:

howie105

I don't know what everyone is talking about. I was a heavy user as a smoker, and from the start of using a dry-herb vape I've always been able to get just as good of a high from vaporizing as I would get by combusting. ... It think part of it is that some folks mix up different with worse when they first try to vape. They don't hang in there with the right vape and enough help to realize that different can also mean better.

Also, another minor benefit is that it's so much easier to keep glass clean when it's only used with vapor. ... Or one can go that extra few days before the vape starts getting iffy.

howie105,
Reactions: arb

JBone65

IMO the process of getting high might be more habit forming than the buzz itself. Disposable pens and over-loaded bongs will hit hard enough to hurt so you automatically feel like you got a good hit. It can be confusing to have a hard hitting disposable pen and a good portable raw herb convection unit at the same time, but you should eventually realize you're getting a more satisfying hit from the convection unit, at least an equal hit for half the price.

Top Bottom