• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Is there a way to kill pot in general smell? So it never smells again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mookie0608

One major problem for me is the god damn smell and what I have to put up with. I’m not talking about smoking or vaping I’m talk No pot in general and how it takes over a room wether u open the container or just it sitting around. Candles are not good enough and I’m not burning 24/7. Ozium kills it but not the way I need it to.

What I’m trying to do is kill it all together or something so much more powerful weed will never smell again or be almost impossible to smell. I’m not talking about smoking or vaping inside. Just the mason jars alone in my stash logic and mighty smell, and when the lid opens or I fill the mighty up what do you know the smell lingers and smells like a dispensaries grow room.

Candles are not even fully effective. There has to be something there’s no way you can’t keep the smell from appearing. If I don’t come up with something fast then I may have to leave the medical marijuana program.

Mookie0608,
Reactions: arb

fachada

If you don't mind stripping the herb itself of smell and flavor you could try the old water curing method.

Personally I don't have any issues with smell, much less inside a mason jar...

Maybe you could split it into smaller batches or buy less at a time?
Put the mason jar inside a bigger one?
Are you sure your containers are airtight?

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
You can try a water cure on your buds. you use distilled or good filtered water, and pour until your stash is covered. You want the buds to be below water level, so put something like a baggie with weights to keep the buds down. Every day you want to pour off the water and replace with new, until the water is clear after a day.

Dry it out, and it will not smell like really anything, and have very minimal taste.

edit - doh, guess someone had the same idea at the same time.

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hm, water curing is definitely an interesting idea as far as herb goes. You could always switch to concentrates. Dabs has very little odor and distillate has basically no smell at all.

If you have the ability to purchase cartridges, you'd have a variety of flavors that smell delicious.

Last edited:

Mookie0608

There are 8ths. Some are ore grinder. Yeah yeah I know some people don’t like it but it’s easier and when you need more st night u just scoop the ground weed out the jar and it’s tiny like 1 fl oz or something. There’s only 3 not in a mason jar but the odor smells like it’s the kush. When I open the mason jar it reaks. It’s mostly when I open the jars to load up my mighty that it gets bad. Come night fall I’ll vape 3-4 times before I call it a night sometimes up to 5. I can vape in my room yeah it may smell but not for long it’s be stentch if the weed alone that is worse then the smell from vaping. The stashlogix is supposed to keep the smell in the bag but some lingers out. As soon as I unzip it and open it up the smell pours out. Maybe hard to believe but that smell is far more strong then coming from the vape itself. At least the vape smell doesn’t linger

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Vaped bud smell is not as distinct you're right. As far as containing the smell of freshly opened herb, it seems near impossible depending on how much you're dealing with of course. I'd love to find a cure for the smell as well though.

There are these odor control ONA buckets that I just remembered some friends talking about. I haven't tried these but I might consider investing in a DIY ONA setup one day.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
ABV in opened jars reek, cannabis reeks, vapor reeks. My advice - You will need to use a good exhaust fan while you session. You will also need to start dumping your ABV after every session. Your jars, if you are worried about smell, should be opened outside, ground outside, put into something like a doob tube and transported inside to your vapor station.

Or you can construct an outbuilding and say fuck it all.

Best of luck!

EDIT: You may want to go to your local market and see if they have glade cashmere woods air freshners. It's a pretty complex smell that seems to play well with cannabis. They have plugin's and also time release units as well as other stuff. We use them at the house and honestly nobody's every said a word and we keep square company at times.

DeeCee5

Livin' La Vida Loca in FL
There are these odor control ONA buckets that I just remembered some friends talking about. I haven't tried these but I might consider investing in a DIY ONA setup one day.

I use and would recommend ONA Gel; http://onaonline.com/. Keep in mind that ONA works by binding to the offensive smell, so keep it away from anything you don't want smelling like ONA.

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Keep in mind that ONA works by binding to the offensive smell, so keep it away from anything you don't want smelling like ONA.

Hm, interesting. What does ONA gel smell like? How strong is the smell?

withoutbliss,

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
look, cannabis smells, it is part and parcel of the chemistry you are seeking out!

remove the odor and you remove much of the medicinal benefit.

@withoutbliss there are used tents complete with fans, ducts and activate carbon tanks in classifieds.

Mookie0608

I keep the avb in a mason jar as well. I may try that diy thing. The smell doesn’t bother me I barely smell it unless I’m pinpointing it. I don’t want to give this up nobody is going to give me my $2,000 back. I don’t want to have to get up every 40 minutes to go outside to open my bag or if I’m sound asleep when I wake up I will revape and blow out the window no smell.

I’m not trying to come off offensive with the next statement but I’m a way marijuana well 1 strain in particular really seems to be helping me. This is now night 2 I have not gotten high. If my parents get to the point they had enough of the smell and house smelling like a drug house my next best option I truly believe is to just die. I can already feel it coming on that I won’t sleep again tonight and it’s going to be another ling night. The nightmares that are real are coming back, even when I’m awake. The flash backs are coming back. If I do manage to get off to sleep I will wind up waken up screaming and freaking out. Just saying this makes me feel embarrassed and like I’m crazy. If you need a clearer picture I’m carter from disjointed but worse. I will day dream like that as well.

Mookie0608,

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
You'd probly save money in the long run with a grow tent setup I'd imagine @looney2nz.

If vaping herb is your only option, maybe setup a fan to blow out the window while you're opening your jars? Until you figure out a more full proof option anyways.

withoutbliss,

Mookie0608

I’m going to try that but with my luck.....why the hell do I walk out onto the porch and smell pot. My parents smell it outside too and it bothers them. Just grinding is a problem outside for them so I try to do it when they are not home or I try to touch it out and not vape u til they are sleeping but as far as the odor goes yeah I’ll try the fan but my best bet is to probably just not touch a thing u til there in bed

Mookie0608

Nope never will either. My anxiety will not sore well with them. I’m freaking my self out as we speak so nervoce I invested weed just from my infused lotion and not washing my hands. If anyone if you are in New Jersey and need different strains I’m getting rid of all of these I’m done experimenting I need purple Urkel I can’t handle these highs from these strains.

Mookie0608

It’s not vaping I can vape in my room and you won’t smell it. Well it won’t linger. It’s the jars and stash that you smell and linger. Unless I have to many jars sitting in the bag probably have an ounce but don’t care for most of it.

MyCollie

Store it all in cabinet with FreshWave gel canisters. They don't smell as strong as ONA and they do an "ok" job.

Or, store it in a heavy duty Watertight/Waterproof Pelican Case. Replace the foam and o-ring when needed. The foam will take on a little odor so stuff a few FreshWaves or those charcoal packs in the case. Just an idea.

Alexis

Get Up Stand Up, Smell Up fior Your Rights!! I agree with @Vitolo I love the smell of my herb, ESPECIALLY getting the cure going and checking it periodically as it changes. I would never want to lose that personally.

But yes it can beva huge problem. However I think it is also our Duty this day globally do not hide anymore because cannabis use is coming rapidly more into the Open weed laws being relaxed in the more countries. The United Kingdom is practically on the verge of legalising cannabis right now they are just making a kerfuffle of the process as you would expect.

So I just hope that things beginning to pick up speed and the opposition weakens considerably to the point where we no longer need to be so paranoid about possessing cannabis in this world.

In the meantime I would at least be using mason jars they work for me to keep things sealed up yes definitely when you open them the whole house can smell of it afterwards and you just can't avoid it but at least it is completely contained otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom