• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Is there a portable that can satisfy someone who loves desktops?

tattooed

I have a flowerpot B1 and a DCE. I love switching between them at home. The whole experience is so great that I honestly find that I don't want to leave the house really because using a Mighty just barely does the job for me. Is there something I should be looking at that's either out or on it's way that can help me not dread being away from my desktops?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Tinymight, hands down. Lot of different stem options now

You can also check out TetraP80, list for Toad, and 510 based pure convection on demand, though they are not as readily available as the TM... The TM is my overall favorite regardless

Budget end Roffu or v3pro could maybe get you there, but the vapor quality is not at the same level imo

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I’ve been working on a mobile desktop because I too also dread not having a desktop during occasions like camping, river, festis all those fun things that herb makes more fun 🤣. Betas will be released soon.

coolbreeze

Hell, take one with you!
IMG-1377.jpg

coolbreeze

I don't think they make this one anymore, in fact all the ones they have now are considerably bigger. This was the Renogy Phoenix mini power station (R-PB005). There's a bunch out, often marketed toward taking your CPAP camping!

Couple smaller ones here:

howie105

While not a big torch fan, I have Big Buddy torch, FlipBrick and a J-Hook which is good on the go but the torch powered ELEV8R is as/ almost/ not quite as good.

tattooed

I do have a coil driven elev8r that I love, not sure why that didn't dawn on me as an option. I don't love butane but I assume my big blazer torch would be fine, I still think around nonusers it may draw more attention than I want.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
I was looking at the tiny might as a potential option, glad to hear it's a solid choice. Thanks
Please do not misunderstand, my TinyMights are my favorite portables, I will definitely pick up a TM2. The only time my TinyMights do not keep pace is on a beach in really warm weather, 85 F. Single battery does not perform well in those temperatures. I still have a couple of RBT Splinter Zs and those seal the deal when one of my FlowerPots is not available or not practcal

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
I just don't have it, because I have TP80s instead, but yes it is a great option, if you want to use a separate mod (with cord) and set it up a bit more yourself... Still not readily available though ;)
TP80 / Tinymight , my TP80 devliers the same experience as the ELEV8R....
It's quite coincidental that I posted something similar to this in the TetraX thread. I never owned a desktop and was wondering if I really was missing out. I asked how a ball vape would be different than a TetraX (which would of course include the P-80 and Dual Evic). Well other than the ball vapes constantly at temperature. I wasn't at all surprised when the responses were pretty much not much difference at all.

I loved my P-80s. Truly magnificent pieces of functional art. I wanted to limit my vapes to 3 and the TetraX won out as my Lamart keeper truly by virtue of ergonomics. Such a tough call, but thankfully I couldn't make a wrong decision 😅

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
It's quite coincidental that I posted something similar to this in the TetraX thread. I never owned a desktop and was wondering if I really was missing out. I asked how a ball vape would be different than a TetraX (which would of course include the P-80 and Dual Evic). Well other than the ball vapes constantly at temperature. I wasn't at all surprised when the responses were pretty much not much difference at all.

I loved my P-80s. Truly magnificent pieces of functional art. I wanted to limit my vapes to 3 and the TetraX won out as my Lamart keeper truly by virtue of ergonomics. Such a tough call, but thankfully I couldn't make a wrong decision 😅

There absolutely is a difference, I'm saying practically you're not going to be lacking for capable extraction efficiency and flavor purity, however vapor density hits next level with larger surface area like ball vapes would provide, furthermore better heat retention and limitless power, it really depends on the vapes themselves not necessarily at all portable versus plug-in...

checkyourlibido

Taffee Bowl is what might be the best "portable". The shape is a bit bizarre, but kind of cool. But if you want something that is probably easier for most to conceal, then the TinyMight is my favorite. The TP80 is great at home, but as a portable, I feel more comfortable with the TM. Because for 1, the TM feels smaller. And second, the TP80 is a work of art and I don't want to break it. But that's just personal, if I got a Pelican case, I'd probably feel fine. But...If I drop the TM, I just order another and it's here in a few days.

And I would email Dan and get on the list for the Nomad, if that's something that you might be interested in getting in a couple of years or so.

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
The performance of some portable vapes (included the Musa 510) might be on par with a destkop vape, but the point is the smaller bowl.
It takes more efford to vape the same amount of flower. You probably want a desktop vape if you have a very high tolerance.

condition

The performance of some portable vapes (included the Musa 510) might be on par with a destkop vape, but the point is the smaller bowl.
It takes more efford to vape the same amount of flower. You probably want a desktop vape if you have a very high tolerance.
I don't agree with your last. Even with high tolerance a micro-dosing can be pretty effective if the herb is good and the vaporization method is proper. You even spent less on herb this way.

Now to your initial question, I will suggest something different from other posters, the Dynavap. If you don't own one you probably want to at least try it. Some new accessories like the Wand IH & the FMJ transform DV into clear-in-single-draw beast

MUSA Vaporizer

Love, Peace and Harmony
Manufacturer
Thanks for the discussion! I agree with you in general. But:

My English maybe couldn't express it good enough. Tolerance is not the main problem. It's the efford you have to take in, to consume the same amount of flowers. With a desktop you don't have to put a lot of work in the process. It works almost by itself. The portable takes maybe double the amount of work (screens clock faster, heat up time, bowl size, stirring, battery life, and so on ...)

If you are used to vape like every 20 minutes, you will probably get annoyed from the work you wouldn't have to do compared with a desktop.

Last edited:

condition

I understand. Although I find pleasure in micro-dosing, I agree that you have to put some effort in loading/unloading especially in dark conditions, for example at night when watching a TV show, I can't, even with glasses, distinguish the "S" that I have to burn in the FMJ. Still some portables are easier to load than others.

Top Bottom