Is there a Mod box you can use like a desktop (plugged, without batteries)?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi Stoners Community,

The idea is to use my Iheat like a desktop vaporizer, I know Alan offers Iheat pluggin bases but it's variable voltage only and I would appreciate to get the temperature control feature we can find in some Mod box.

In a perfect world this is could be a special Mod box you can use with batteries in, or no... but a dedicaced Mod Box for desktop use only may offer a better appearance and smaller since there is no need anymore for a battery compartment...

No "pass through" feature since I want to be able to use it without the batteries inside or without batteries at all.

Why not a "Lego" Mod box with 3 separate parts, the electrical part with the 510 connexion, buttons and LCD screen, the batteries compartment and the wall plug adapter so you can choose to set it with batteries or with wall plug. I believe the extra power of this desktop feature may unlock some new features also!

What do you think? Is something like that exists somewhere?

Thank you in advance, have fun!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Well it is not hard to wire a modbox to AC/DC adapter but you will need a lot of amps and they are bulky and expensive. There is a power adapter offered for TUBO/Tetra line up. You can either make a battery dummy or solder directly to contacts. I DIYed one for an evic and it is collecting dust . Either get 4/5 or even 8 batteries and a 4 deck charger and rotate. The beauty of modboxes is that they are cordless :).
Well i just remembered there actually is such product,lol...
This one uses DNA boards i think.
1618043354837.png
This one is in France,may be you are lucky but the price is bitter,even though 60 amps is good power.
1618043147861.png
Holy Hell... https://maisondistiller.com/en/distiller-s-universe-/100035-elcig_vapsta5.html Thats the size of a desktop PC :D :D :D:D
1618042979827.png 1618043028248.png

Last edited:

Shadooz

In a perfect world this is could be a special Mod box you can use with batteries in, or no... but a dedicaced Mod Box for desktop use only may offer a better appearance and smaller since there is no need anymore for a battery compartment...

No "pass through" feature since I want to be able to use it without the batteries inside or without batteries at all.
In your perfect world, u took the worst part... :cry:
The low thermal mass of the modbox and a PID box...

In my perfect world it would be the opposite, and a pass through feature would be obligatory. A box size is good to handle no need to make it smaller...

Shadooz,

Abysmal Vapor

Mod size doesnt matter to me nor does having mandatory pass trough since you are going to be chained to a power supply which start from 0.5 kg Just see Meanwell RSP 4-200 it s 40A PSU(Weight is 1kg costs 50 euro delivered) which emulates the experience of a single battery 18650 .I prefer having 5 batteries and 4 slot charger.
1618052312190.png
+

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Hippie

Abysmal Vapor

You are obviously talking about using while charging( pass through charging which is different from pass through power without batteries which requires large bricks with many amps) . Which wont save you battery life cause it will degrade them faster and only more of those toxic cylinders will be produced, not very eco. Anyway sry for nitpicking further :) everyone is entitled to an opinion :p.

Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Hippie

Shadooz

You are obviously talking about using while charging . Which wont safe you battery life cause it will degrade them only more of those toxic cylinders will be produced, not very eco. Anyway sry for nitpicking further :) everyone is entitled to an opinion :p.
...pass through means pass through, so with just a switch between wired use and charging...

Shadooz,

Abysmal Vapor

...pass through means pass through, so with just a switch between wired use and charging...
Well, Arizer solo had pass trough power mode ,which didnt require even having a battery ;). And originally pass trough batteries were way before mods came to the scene. https://www.bestvape.ie/product/ego-battery-passthrough/
For me there are pass through power and pass through charging. Pass through charging also only feeds two amps at best,the drain is so high it is not really much help,also mod chips overheat easier when using it and charging at the same time .
Read some more about it, here is something funny "
*Pass-through charging may not charge your device as quickly as stand alone charging.

""
1618056128112.png

Attachments

• 1618056380674.png
    1618056380674.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1618056463520.png
    1618056463520.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
Top Bottom