Is the solo comparable to an LSV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannaVape

So I previously owned an LSV for about 5 months, and it is the device that made me love and finally want to start vaporizing as my primary form of intake. Unfortunately I had to sell it in june due to monetary constraints. I am currently in the market for a new vaporizer and have been highly considering buying an arizer solo in the recent massdrop deal, but I am curious as to how the vaporizer will compare in effectiveness and density of vapor (due to me still being a semi cloud chaser). I know it is a portable so it won't be quite as good, but I have heard almost nothing but good things about the solo from this forum and others. The chances are I would also buy the power adapter so it can run without battery power. I am also considering buying an e-nano, due to its efficiency with herb (a big plus on the solo compared to LSV), but due to my housemates this year I am not 100% sure they would allow me to vape indoors.

TLDR: How close is the arizer solo to the LSV in vapor production? as a previous owner of the LSV will it still satisfy my desires? Or should I just throw down the extra money for an e-nano (because either way, I am craving more herb efficiency)?

Thanks!

WannaVape,
I find that both can give very thick, flavorful vapor that ranks in about the 80% percentile if I had to absurdly and needlessly ballpark it. The Solo has far more restricted airflow which gets on some people's nerves, but you can still find tons of videos on this forum of people milking glass with a Solo, so the proof is in the pudding. I think the Solo is an all around great purchase as it's portable, has what is realistically a generous battery life, has a reasonable company standing behind it, and IMO can still puts out vapor production and quality comparable to the older desktop standards like the Extreme Q, DBV, LSV, etc..

The Solo battery life is strong enough that you and a group of friends can use it as a one-and-only, at-home vape as long as you faithfully plug it in immediately when not in use. At the price the power adapter floats at, I would hold off on the purchase until a really great sale or just put that money toward a really stellar, all-glass desktop unit like the Vape Exhale Cloud or Vriptech 4.0, or that black magic Sublimator I still need to read up on and everyone seems to love.

Can't comment on the E-Nano but the Solo is quite efficient in my experience.

WannaVape

Thanks for your response! I have another question for you, in case you have used both the LSV and solo. With my LSV I would usually take ~3 hits at a lower temperature through my bong, to get the more head high (while still getting good visible vapor in my tube and on exhale), then turn it up for the last 3-4 hits of the bowl so I could get the bud to a nice dark brown and get more of a sedative effect. Are the results comparable? As for the power adapter, I found in the solo thread that a user (I believe OF?) found a power supply and adapter off amazon that worked for $20 that I would use. As far as the vapexhale, as much as I would love one, I would prefer to keep all paraphernalia under $200 and from what I have seen the e-nano performs close to the LSV, with a smaller form factor and more efficient herb usage, so if I go with a pure desktop I have 85% decided on that.

From what I gather from your response though, the solo is right up there with the LSV so I am that much closer to just going with that!

Edit: Just to clarify, my preferences are a combination of cloud production with efficiency of herb usage

WannaVape,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I have both, like many others on here as well, I agree they compliment each other good. The fact your roommates don't want it around makes me think the solo will be great for you, you hardly notice the smell. The lsv or a larger desktop they will notice for sure sight and probably smell. Plus if you have to vape through a water pipe pick up a PNWT it will attach to almost any vape but with a PV gong 14mm you can attach it to the solo and you won't regret it!

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
I have both as well and TBH when I'm vaping solo I'll use the solo, if there's company I'll use the LSV

The LSV can hold up much more herb than the solo yet the solo produce great vapor...the LSV has thicker clouds and can rape you, but the solo is just as good as it gets....if I have to choose I'll go with the solo because of its ease, size and the ability to get me high enough for my need...0.10-0.13 of something good is just about right for me :) (I can put over .3 in the LSV)

ou812?

Lost my vaping virginity to LSV, was my 1st introduction to the vape world. I always wanted it but had to hold off due to the amount of its cost......FLASH in comes Solo. I research it and find it to be duel purpose as others have stated. I have to use fluid as a media for filter on vaping so I have GAS. Let me tell you, theres a glower here by the name Jhan, blows some very sweet glass and 1 in particular has a large can that I purchased from him and the Solo can milk that beast like no tomorrow! thats not an easy feat for a lot of vapes but the little Solo masters it like it was made for it.The Solo is quite efficient on usage IMO but w/PV gong and water tool will suck it down only because you can take massive rips.The bottom line is my bud who has the LSV just bought a Solo after dealing w/mine and hasnt turned LSV on 4 weeks now....tells you something about the Solo. I will agree, for a larger crowd one might want to go w/larger unit that will hold more meds.., but if its a 2 person household, me and my girl get baked to any degree you would come to expect from any plug in home vape and when on the hog, the Solo and PN WT are right on for any outdoor use you can throw at it.The Solo is the best BANG FOR THE BUCK IMO when shopping for a vape be it personal or home use just cant go wrong.:party:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Lost my vaping virginity to LSV, was my 1st introduction to the vape world. I always wanted it but had to hold off due to the amount of its cost......FLASH in comes Solo. I research it and find it to be duel purpose as others have stated. I have to use fluid as a media for filter on vaping so I have GAS. Let me tell you, theres a glower here by the name Jhan, blows some very sweet glass and 1 in particular has a large can that I purchased from him and the Solo can milk that beast like no tomorrow! thats not an easy feat for a lot of vapes but the little Solo masters it like it was made for it.The Solo is quite efficient on usage IMO but w/PV gong and water tool will suck it down only because you can take massive rips.The bottom line is my bud who has the LSV just bought a Solo after dealing w/mine and hasnt turned LSV on 4 weeks now....tells you something about the Solo. I will agree, for a larger crowd one might want to go w/larger unit that will hold more meds.., but if its a 2 person household, me and my girl get baked to any degree you would come to expect from any plug in home vape and when on the hog, the Solo and PN WT are right on for any outdoor use you can throw at it.The Solo is the best BANG FOR THE BUCK IMO when shopping for a vape be it personal or home use just cant go wrong.:party:
I just read your post and I have to agree with you!

I use the SOLO more than anything right now.

DRY or WET!

The taste very pleasant I use level 4 for everything.

I have some other vaporizers that are all time sweet flavor machines.
However the SOLO is the fastest to get in a session without sacrificing flavor.

The LSV I don't know about however I may get one just to try.

SOLO works and is cheap.
Well Built.

VAPORIZER QUIVER buy them all!

ou812?

Hey Ataxian,how goes,hope all is well!! I want to buy another vape ,but I just cant see it w/ the mighty compact Solo, but GAS has me checking this out at PD today and to boot 15% off but I see ole PD gets you on the ship'n charges. It looks sweet and for the $$ and supposedly built here in US w/ 5 or 7 mm glass,just might have to pull the trigger bro,love the detachable mouth piece and the can itself could be re-formatted with just different mouth pieces if you had to but, its traveling and storing options make me WANT IT. GAS is bad.... Jhan is thinking of doing stuff w/ detachable mouth pieces here soon, so this I could get this to hold me over until he starts pumping 'em out.This particular unit looks very nice considering the price. At worst if it breaks, you didnt lose a few 100 bucks, and I have 2 little rigs by PD both are Chinese boras and are really quite durable and clean,no bubbles and decent welds.No Jhan master pieces but beginner pieces and still function Our Jhan pieces are on rotation and one is out on loaner,(of course if they break it,they bought it or else):goon:

Last edited:

clouded vision

I have both and I don't think I could give up either one. I don't think the solo as exactly on par with the LSV as far as vapor production but it is not far off either, especially considering it is portable and can be used almost anywhere. I would say get the solo considering your situation, that way you aren't tied down with a power cord and can easily go outside if your roommates won't let you use it in the house.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
how long since you hit your lsv? if it's been a while you might be satisfied with the Solo. If it was three days ago, then maybe not. The Solo is my fave portable, so if you need portability, go for it. But they're not in the same ballpark by a long shot. The lsv is one of my four biggest hitters, so no portable is going to come close.

that being said, the Solo is very satisfying on its own, as long as you aren't comparing it to a desktop heavy hitter.

WannaVape

Thanks for the responses guys. From the sounds of it, the solo is indeed a heavy hitter so I think I am leaning towards it right now. Also this way I can also use it outside around my house's fire pit without having to find a cord.
how long since you hit your lsv? if it's been a while you might be satisfied with the Solo. If it was three days ago, then maybe not. The Solo is my fave portable, so if you need portability, go for it. But they're not in the same ballpark by a long shot. The lsv is one of my four biggest hitters, so no portable is going to come close.

that being said, the Solo is very satisfying on its own, as long as you aren't comparing it to a desktop heavy hitter.
I haven't used my LSV since May, and I had to quit usage for 2 months this summer so my tolerance has dropped a decent bit as opposed to what it was when I had the LSV. With these factors and from what I've read, I am about 85% sure on just buying the Solo, but there still is that little part of me that is concerned it won't meet the expectations I have from the LSV.

Worst case I can just get the Solo now so I have a portable vape, buy the adapter so I can use it plugged in, and then if need be get the LSV or e-nano

hoptimum

All due respect to the excellent Solo, which IMO has been a game changer for portables, but it doesnt hit as hard as 7th Floor's plug in powerhouses. I've had a DBV and currently use an SSV (no LSV experience) and they both outgun the Solo, IMO.

hoptimum,
Reactions: ataxian

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
All due respect to the excellent Solo, which IMO has been a game changer for portables, but it doesnt hit as hard as 7th Floor's plug in powerhouses. I've had a DBV and currently use an SSV (no LSV experience) and they both outgun the Solo, IMO.

Of course it doesn't but just the fact that you're comparing it to big hitters makes it amazing.
I myself never said its as heavy hitter as the SSV/LSV/DBV but I myself don't need more than 0.1-0.13g in the solo for a good high session!

Dr. Plutonious

Out of curiosity, what are your 4 biggest hitters?

If I had to guess, I'd say the LSV, Cloud, Sub, and HI?

Dr. Plutonious,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Ah this is a fun game! Guess SS's 4 big hitters I'm going with Sub, Cloud, LSV, SSV...

SSVUN~YAH,
Reactions: ataxian
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom