• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Is the Arizer Solo the best option for my needs?

smokeNY

Hey guys,

I'll be purchasing my first vape soon, and I've done seriously extensive research on the topic. I have been researching the options for many hours, and have come to the conclusion that the Arizer Solo is the best option to suit my needs, but I wanted your opinions as well.

So, I want a vape that is portable and handheld. This doesn't mean that it has to fit in the palm of my hand or be one I can hit in public, but I certainly want to be able to bring it to chill with it in my hand.

Another big, big part of my decision is smell. I want something that will produce the least smell possible from the unit itself. My hits don't matter (I will blow out a window), but I don't want my device to be reeking up the room.

I do mind a learning curve. Looking to vape and get nice immediately.

I want a device that has set temperatures that I know I am getting a good hit from. This means not something like the MFLB, where you have to have decide when to pull from it. I want my device to know what temp. to heat to, and to tell me when to take a puff.

Efficiency is not the largest issue, but it would be nice. Also, the bigger and more visible the hits, the better.

Lastly, I'm looking for something to be had under the $160 area

let me know!

thanks

smokeNY

Thanks guys!

If i dish out a bit more cash, how would the Pinnacle be according to my needs?

smokeNY,

Jeff-K

The solo is a very decent choice, I use mine with the stock stem and it delivers as expected.

Thing is I dont think there is a "one ring to rule them all" kind of vape. I have a VaporGenie, an Ubie, a Volcano and the Solo. And I use them all . (Looking into the Ascent as a possible next purchase)

So yeah, you won't be making a mistake when buying the Solo, but there are many others that could be the right choice as well;)

BTW, having had the VG as my first vape made me learn allot about how vaporizing actually works. So altough you indicated that you don't like a learning curve, don't dismiss those vapes just yet.

Ok I'm rambling, sorry for that. Just buy one already and stop combusting!

olivianewtonjohn

Given your criteria only two vapes really fit the solo and flashvape but the flashvape takes more technique and has less accessories. I think there is good reason why the solo thread is so big.

olivianewtonjohn,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
The solo is simply great and should be a requirement for every vaporist IMO...

I just love the ease of it, the size of it - like yourself I don't want to use it in public but I would like to use it remotely...

Example if I want to go to my friend house and not to hassle with a desktop vape that requires space and more time.

It's great for the beach, its great for being in your parents house and having a hit or so...

There's hardly any learning curve and you can simply vape easily without any additional accessories (grinders and such)

When I'm the only user vaping, the solo is always my first choice...

stickstones

Vapor concierge
sounds like the Solo for you...good job doing your own research! When it does start to smell, you need to clean your glass. when you're ready for that, use the chocolate milk reclaim method detailed in the thread. you'll love it!

stickstones,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Given your criteria only two vapes really fit the solo and flashvape but the flashvape takes more technique and has less accessories. I think there is good reason why the solo thread is so big.

The FV doesn't match his requirements, since it doesn't have temperature controls. I think the FV is an amazing device, especially with the S2 conversion to 100% convection, and it will never start to smell like the Solo does, but if set temperatures are a must then the FV is out.

pakalolo,
Reactions: OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey guys,

I'll be purchasing my first vape soon, and I've done seriously extensive research on the topic. I have been researching the options for many hours, and have come to the conclusion that the Arizer Solo is the best option to suit my needs, but I wanted your opinions as well.
Lastly, I'm looking for something to be had under the $160 area
let me know!
thanks

If I could only have bought a SOLO first.
FLAVOR
RELIABLE
Love them so much I now own 2 of them!
gonG adapter and it's water path experience!
The BLACK LEAF Bubbler is better than this one. (bottom photo)

ataxian,
Reactions: m0sh

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
where is that honey comb A/C from?

mod note: Off topic. Try a PM next time.

vaporonly,

happyTrails

phishpanicjam
The Solo fits your requirements fairly well. It's a good, solid unit. All vapes smell when being used, and the Solo is no exception.

Good luck!

:peace:
Very true. They all smell eventually with use. Putting your glass stem in one of the PV travel tubes with a MFLB cap on it fixes that for when it is not in use. No smell!

happyTrails,

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
Hey guys, how would you compare your solo to a set top unit, like the herbalaire (my set top).

I am really thinking about getting a solo but I've had bad experiences with portable vapes besides pens. They just don't seem to get me medicated enough, or they are too harsh, taste nasty, take too long ect. Does the solo seem to get you as medicated and have as good quality vapor as a set top? And does it get you medicated fast? or do you have to have a 15 min sesh?

Kevdog420,

satyrday

Solo is a smart choice for you I think. Since the load will stay in the stem if following best practices, it is less smelly over time than some vapes where you put the load right in the oven itself. IMO not the most exciting vape, but would be a strong contender if I could only have one.

satyrday,
To answer your smell question I have to say the solo is great in that aspect. I currently go to a boarding school where if I get caught smoking (vapeing in my case:p) you immediately get kicked out. The solo in combination with a active carbon sploof makes a small 8x10 room completely smell free within 5 minutes after a session. I got the solo for similar reasons that you did a I must say it is the best purchase I have made in my time of cannabis consumption, I am slightly bias however.

m0sh

Singer Song Writer Stoner
Hey guys, how would you compare your solo to a set top unit, like the herbalaire (my set top).

I am really thinking about getting a solo but I've had bad experiences with portable vapes besides pens. They just don't seem to get me medicated enough, or they are too harsh, taste nasty, take too long ect. Does the solo seem to get you as medicated and have as good quality vapor as a set top? And does it get you medicated fast? or do you have to have a 15 min sesh?

I missed this post so I will respond now...
To answer your question, YES.
The solo is as good as it gets...the efficiency is amazing, the size is very small and the temp control are good...it doesn't get too dark or too hot...some other big vaporizer will get you even more medicated but couchy type...where the ABV is blacker and might started combusting...

Anyway, when I'm alone there's no need to use any other vaporizer...

I never used the HA but I have the EQ and the solo is simply better in all aspects... ok maybe the size of the clouds are smaller due to its size...but at the end of the day I'm very high...

So if you didn't already catch it, I use my solo as a desktop vape for most of the times.

m0sh,

Kevdog420

OMMP Patient
I missed this post so I will respond now...
To answer your question, YES.
The solo is as good as it gets...the efficiency is amazing, the size is very small and the temp control are good...it doesn't get too dark or too hot...some other big vaporizer will get you even more medicated but couchy type...where the ABV is blacker and might started combusting...

Anyway, when I'm alone there's no need to use any other vaporizer...

I never used the HA but I have the EQ and the solo is simply better in all aspects... ok maybe the size of the clouds are smaller due to its size...but at the end of the day I'm very high...

So if you didn't already catch it, I use my solo as a desktop vape for most of the times.

Awesome thanks! Yeah I might just have to buy this bad boy. Just saw it on ebay for $130 and free shipping. I also was wondering, what is the newest model number for the solo? I want to make sure I am getting the latest solo.

Kevdog420,

satyrday

I'm curious ... what you mean by exciting?
High power for high heat application, and ample power on tap to maintain that heat. Fire is still king in this regard with wired electricity second.

Also, I usually prefer more variable control over the power (analog style).

Although these features are exciting to me, they are not always what I want in a vape. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a more predictable session.

satyrday,
Top Bottom