is my weed magic?

shredder

Thanks for that man, very interesting.

KNF is Korean Natural Farming, mostly made famous today by a macadamia nut farmer who lives in Hawaii called Chris Trump. His you tube videos are fascinating. One Part of the KNF method uses, what he calls, FPJ or fermented plant Juice, and it sounds very similar to what you do!

I've made something similar after reading "The one straw revolution"

But through the years I've simplified it. I no longer use sugar or molasses. Just water and the microbes indigenous to my area.

Using sugar will drop the pH pretty drastically. I use RO water so I don't need low pH.

I think of it as a water compost, or composting in water.

el sargantano

If you like these ancient techniques like Korean Natural Farming & JADAM, developed by the Cho family from Korea, you could look for more no-till teks as BEAM (Biological Enhanced Agricultural Management).
Lecturers from New Mexico universities make 700 c.feet (circa 2m3) cyllinders filled with carbon to feed mycorrhizic funghi you'll innoculate water with.
They called it by their names as the Johnson-Su Bioreactor and shared the results of their soil analysis openly:
There's a cool agricultural dissiminator youtuber called Diego Footer who explains some of these tecniques, but also interviews scientists, farmers, mycologists in the 'In the search of soil' youtube list. I was chasing these scientists when I found he'd done the almost same choose of big names to ask.
The thing I like the most is how modern day science is telling us that our ancestors where right, and we're starting to explain why by lab & soil demonstrations, no more need of religions nor magical believes!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
The way i usually make my ferments is with a 1:1 ratio of raw sugar to plant material weight.
Here is a good video explaining the types of sugars

So far i tried with a mix of fruits and veggies for an all around bloom nutrient which seems very powerful
Took a "class" with a person from IG called KNF_garden.
He dosnt teach "Pure" KNF or whatever you wanna call it, more like a moderenized version or his own version,
Was fun learning about his "method" The end quality is def a notch higher than what ive seen from regular bottled nutrients.

@Cheebsy def recommend looking up knf_garden if u want to go down this rabbit hole for real, there is also another person called "theworldslasthope" he has a more advanced version class, depends on how deep you want to go. For beginner i would say start with knf_garden and move on from there, just a fair warning they do charge money for these classes, Personally i think this kind of knowledge should be free for everyone to enjoy -.-.
Thank you so much for that information @MegaMan2k I'll definitely check out knf_garden and figure out how expensive his course is. I also believe this information should be freely available, and I guess Dr Cho does too! This morning I found his book “Cho’s Global Natural Farming,” is available free online. I've not read it yet but I'm sure it's worth sharing!

shredder

Thank you so much for that information @MegaMan2k I'll definitely check out knf_garden and figure out how expensive his course is. I also believe this information should be freely available, and I guess Dr Cho does too! This morning I found his book “Cho’s Global Natural Farming,” is available free online. I've not read it yet but I'm sure it's worth sharing!

Remember when you add sugar to a ferment your making an alcohol. So go easy when using it.

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Have read a little online but still have this question. How much of natural farming is about the best product and yield and how much is about toxin-free or organic farmng?
I can only tell you why I'm interested, and I have no direct experience of it yet, but for me it's about sustainability, cost, and most importantly the best quality product. Yield is nice, but secondary.

MegaMan2k

You are welcome,
send me a pm and i will be happy to share what ever resources i have acquired so far :tup:

Top Bottom