is my weed magic?

Green Kiwi

Now ,reading about what who is vaping and how,I'm Starting to Wonder?
To vape, I use exclusively the mighty, about 10 bowls trough a bong and about 2 bowls dry a day on average.
everybody has his or her favourite device, mine happens to be the Mighty.
My head scratch:hmm:, is this: I read about people having 12 or 14 or so puffs on a bowl,and then it get's :puke:.
or there is no tasty vapour left.
I grow outside in the bush only for self-support ,I don't use any fertiliser, or root blast hormons or anything.
the amount I pull off one plant is laughable, say 20 grams dry.
I start on 180 and end on 190 Celsius.
Now I get around 60 puffs on a bowl, and they all are tasty and cloud the room up....after that it keeps producing vapour but it get's dry and taste slowley disappears.soo I dump it.( I love my potent a.v.b. by the way)
I file around 0.15 grams a time in the bowl.
is my weed exceptional, or are people dumping good weed?
one thing I notice , when I'm in holland my bowls only last 12 good puffs max:huh:.
is it our harsh ozonhole or is it just my?
I do admit that I in general think, other weed is not that good\powerful\tasty.
Witch is why I grow my own in the bush.
curious for replies. aroha Green Kiwi.:leaf:

MoltenTiger

Do you know the genetics / strain / name of the flower? Is it covered with trichomes or does it otherwise look special?

It sounds lovely and I guess, by your own account, exceptional.
There's always a bit left when it gets discarded, hence the potent edible potential, and different types definitely all 'perform' differently in many ways :)

Being in full control of the growth is a good start as to why it would be so effective, on top of what is going on with the signature of the flower genetics.
Growing a small yield gives the plant more chance to focus on less. Most commercial product is grown with plant bulk as a significant factor.

I'm under the harsh ozone hole too in Tas. Bush can vary by a huge amount. It matters where and how it was grown and who handles it, every step makes a difference in someway.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Now ,reading about what who is vaping and how,I'm Starting to Wonder?
To vape, I use exclusively the mighty, about 10 bowls trough a bong and about 2 bowls dry a day on average.
everybody has his or her favourite device, mine happens to be the Mighty.
My head scratch:hmm:, is this: I read about people having 12 or 14 or so puffs on a bowl,and then it get's :puke:.
or there is no tasty vapour left.
I grow outside in the bush only for self-support ,I don't use any fertiliser, or root blast hormons or anything.
Now I get around 60 puffs on a bowl, and they all are tasty and cloud the room up....after that it keeps producing vapour but it get's dry and taste slowley disappears.soo I dump it.( I love my potent a.v.b. by the way)
I file around 0.15 grams a time in the bowl.
is my weed exceptional, or are people dumping good weed?
one thing I notice , when I'm in holland my bowls only last 12 good puffs max:huh:.
is it our harsh ozonhole or is it just my?
I do admit that I in general think, other weed is not that good\powerful\tasty.
Witch is why I grow my own in the bush.
curious for replies. aroha Green Kiwi.:leaf:

Maybe it's the way you cure the weed? How dry is your cure? Is it exceptionally dank?

I'm definitely one of those who gets about 12 to 16 hits per fill on a Solo before it's beat and I get a similar number of hits on my other devices. I don't usually need more than 4 hits to get a good buzz so I can usually get 3 to 4 highs per fill. How many hits do you need to get a buzz on your grow?

Green Kiwi

Hey @Molten Tiger, euhm 3 strains; Jack Herer ,Blue Cheese, and GSC.
they perform equally, and are very tasty.trichomes covered in and out, very sticky.:party:.
@His-Higness, I cure for 3 weeks,"burping the glass pots I use for storage".
I don't know the humidity%,but it's just quiete dry probably.
I tend to start to feel the buzz coming on after second long draw trough a vape bong.:love::leaf:.
the bush area I grow has heaps of horticulture surrounding it, which is why I chose that area,
I figured it would be fertille soil in that area.
:sherlock:.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Funny this topic came up. I have some of that magic weed at the moment. Seems to have a lot to give at the upper temps. This is normally what I chase but this particular crop just keeps giving in the dark ABV range. Of course, we know that is both smoke and vape territory so that should answer the question.

volcano-vapourizer-temperature-chart_-4-22_thumb.jpg

The weed itself is a bit more dank than normal but same strain and farm as normal. I only do one strain after all so it helps with observations.

As to wasting good weed; probably. It took me a day or two to catch on and wow, 3 extra draws per bowl! But yes, I know what it is :evil:

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hey @Molten Tiger, euhm 3 strains; Jack Herer ,Blue Cheese, and GSC.
they perform equally, and are very tasty.trichomes covered in and out, very sticky.:party:.
@His-Higness, I cure for 3 weeks,"burping the glass pots I use for storage".
I don't know the humidity%,but it's just quiete dry probably.
I tend to start to feel the buzz coming on after second long draw trough a vape bong.:love::leaf:.
the bush area I grow has heaps of horticulture surrounding it, which is why I chose that area,
I figured it would be fertille soil in that area.
:sherlock:.
I thought it was a special Landrace strain only avalaible in the bush... you broke my dream here, although I got some GG and it's a pretty good strain (Jack Herer also!).

proceeds_the_weedian

Most dutch bud is horrible, semi-industrial grown by gangsters....
Some of the strongest weed I've ever encountered was a "tinnie" of outdoor bought off a kid outside a gas station in Christchurch. I hate to speculate(not really) but: volcanic soils and intense sun are known to be contributing components in many of the Cannabis sweet-spots around the globe. Depending on where in NZ you are located you might have both? The fact that you are also growing in more or less undisturbed, living soil probably does not hurt either.

Sounds more or less like magical weed to me:tup:

Green Kiwi

I thought it was a special Landrace strain only avalaible in the bush... you broke my dream here, although I got some GG and it's a pretty good strain (Jack Herer also!).
Sorry to have broken your dream,:uhoh:, I do know there are actually a few strains here in New Zealand bred by locals with serious green fingers.it's very hard to lay your hand on those it's sort of secretive:ninja:).
one of them I grew for a few years her name was :KakaRiki.and then mum got stolen:cry:.
Since the breeder I got this strain from has left the country , I can't get it again.
I think he went to Canada, soo people living there:keep your ears and eyes open.....:2c:.

Green Kiwi

Most dutch bud is horrible, semi-industrial grown by gangsters....
Some of the strongest weed I've ever encountered was a "tinnie" of outdoor bought off a kid outside a gas station in Christchurch. I hate to speculate(not really) but: volcanic soils and intense sun are known to be contributing components in many of the Cannabis sweet-spots around the globe. Depending on where in NZ you are located you might have both? The fact that you are also growing in more or less undisturbed, living soil probably does not hurt either.

Sounds more or less like magical weed to me:tup:
My feeling is that your speculation is maybe spot on:nod:, I to think our really hars sun combined with untouched soil is are key for our extreme outdoorbushweed:sherlock:.
I agree on most Dutchcoffeeshopweed sucks, some people growing for thereselfs do grow nice weed overthere too ,but indeed nothing like the potent stuf from outdoors here in nz though.:leaf:

Green Kiwi

it crummbles when you squeeze it between your fingers:drool:.
Hi Emmdeemo, yes this is about as organic as possibly grown.
with the help of my misses I finally succeeded posting pictures.:bowdown::love:.
I'm a bit of a always outside guy, not much knowledge of computers and or internet stuff.
I do am addicted though with this forum.
I like to SHOUT my appriciation, of the moderators of this Forum!
Thanks guy's YOU GUYS rock:rockon:.

Green Kiwi

got a very tasty harvest again this year.
the Summer in our region was pretty 'shite' this year, very overcast and windy all the time.
Mite's got in but moved on before I really panicked🙏, and the girls came back alright from their early attack .
not a lot of weight,(but enough to keep me ticking for another year:haw::chill:.)
first impressions: around 1/3 less puffs per bowl, most likely because of less resin on the buds(visible).
a friend did a grow inside with the same genetics, and he had a massive big harvest.
Very interesting though, comparing by looks , I would definitely pick hhis over mine, but when in the bowl mine lasts longer and tastes 2X better:sherlock:.

outdoors is always very special in my humble opinion when you live in a place where the sun is fierce.:sherlock::2c:.
much love and health to all FC!:leaf:

JCat

Accessory Maker
got a very tasty harvest again this year.
the Summer in our region was pretty 'shite' this year, very overcast and windy all the time.
Mite's got in but moved on before I really panicked🙏, and the girls came back alright from their early attack .
not a lot of weight,(but enough to keep me ticking for another year:haw::chill:.)
first impressions: around 1/3 less puffs per bowl, most likely because of less resin on the buds(visible).
a friend did a grow inside with the same genetics, and he had a massive big harvest.
Very interesting though, comparing by looks , I would definitely pick hhis over mine, but when in the bowl mine lasts longer and tastes 2X better:sherlock:.

outdoors is always very special in my humble opinion when you live in a place where the sun is fierce.:sherlock::2c:.
much love and health to all FC!:leaf:
When I used to grow I did all soil based organic, small batch (also in the 20-40g per plant range), but indoors, and the quality was better than anything I've gotten since in the last 20 years. I may start again in the coming years, but just don't have the time right now :(

cvs8floz

This is very much like what Colly from Vapbong said in one of his videos, but he only claimed 30+ puffs from wild "magic" weed grown in Germany and not in volcanic soil. I don't know what to make of such claims. I have grown dozens of strains in Happy Frog since legalization in 2016, you do occasionally get a strain where the nugs are much denser and heavier than others, those tend to give you the most hits, and there are definitely "lighter" strains. But I would say the difference is in the order of 1:2, not 1:10. I recently finished a Sensi #742 Black Domina CBD alongside a Pyramid Seeds Northern Lights CBD, the Sensi is extremely fragrant but the bowl is cashed after 3 pulls max whereas I can get up to 6 pulls from the NL. I can't quite imagine what it's like to take 60 puffs from a bowl, do you take 5-10 puffs and rest, or do you just keep puffing every 10 seconds or so, that would still take 10 minutes of continuous puffing?!?

Green Kiwi

continues session style.short but strong(temp. drop 3C in mighty)pulls trough a watertool.
After 15+ minutes and I'm looking cross-eyed ,is mostly the moment I dump the bowl.
@JCat , that's inspirational that you grew that way........I really hope you can find time soon again to grow like that, best medicine is self grown for human I think.:2c:

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Sorry to have broken your dream,:uhoh:, I do know there are actually a few strains here in New Zealand bred by locals with serious green fingers.it's very hard to lay your hand on those it's sort of secretive:ninja:).
one of them I grew for a few years her name was :KakaRiki.and then mum got stolen:cry:.
Since the breeder I got this strain from has left the country , I can't get it again.
I think he went to Canada, soo people living there:keep your ears and eyes open.....:2c:.
Welcome to Canada my new best friend.;)

west-elec

I had the exact opposite experience.
I was living under a rock and growing the same strain for over a decade, nice haze sativa. I grow cuttings under fluro lights then bring outside to flower organically in the ground with great results. But I would always take my cutting from those lower branches that yield little.
My good weed turned to crap.
It happened so slowly over the years that I thought it was my tolerance going up. Even though the plants look normal and grow vigorously, the buds don't sparkle much and while they smell like they should at harvest that soon goes away. I would get maybe 3 hits from the mighty before it tasted like yuck and had nothing left in it. 6 bowls per session before I felt anywhere near satisfied.
Now I've come out from under my rock and bought some good genetics (and joined FC and ended up with 4 new vapes, awesome!), and I realised straight away how badly my girls had suffered from 10 + years taking cuttings from cuttings indiscriminately. I didn't know any better and don't frequent the internet grow sites so I'm not really sure what went wrong. Did I accidentally select down to one poor specimen who just happened to be the best to strike so became the only plant in the garden over the years, or does genetics drift because I was striking from lower branches with older growth?
From now on I'm going to set aside some dedicated mothers and plan on new seed every few years. My new harvest is the best weed ever, compared to what I thought was ok it is like another world. I've been missing so much...

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
It can't be genetic drift, you need the plants to reproduce for that to happen.

I believe what your describe is to do with how stressed the clones get as young plants. Stress them excessively when young can limit the full expression of their genes which can then affect the following generations of clones. Sorry, I doubt remember where I read this now or I'd provide a link.

Top Bottom