Is my new Mighty+ be a fake?

andreLayman

Hi there, I recently bought a mighty+ just arrived today. After placing the order I noticed that there many negative reviews for that shop I thought was trustworthy reseller. I panicked but could not do much at that point so I waiter, and a week later it arrived. Everything looks fine and legit except fora few small details: the cable, it was coiled like this, and it aroused my suspicion. The unit has the exact same weight as listed in the manual (242g), the functionality looks identical, doesn't have anything rattling in it, feels solid. The box was unopened in shrink wrap, with the "quality seal" untouched. The unit does have a serial number that matches the one on the box, the cooling unit has two slightly different color sealing rings the big one being a few shades lighter than the small. I find it hard to believe that cable came like this from the factory, it's too messy for a German made product.

The box itself looked completely legit until I noticed the rear had a label that I could peel off, it covers the entire back of the package and has almost the same print on it as the label with some minor changes, like accessories included. I'm waiting for S&B to respond to the registration request, but I feel this is an extremely well done fake, not even sure I can get my money back. Am I being paranoid or this is a fake ?

andreLayman,

GoldenBud

find out how much the original Mighty+ weights
Weigh your Mighty+, is it the same?
(For starters....)

GoldenBud,

GoldenBud

Weighs the same as the original: 242g. It is in the specs on the manufacturer’s site.
if it can take a charge, and ofcourse if it works well, make a burnoff session (full session) and after that start a session around 185C if the flavour is great then it's the real one for sure...

use high quality type-c cables i recommend... Anker/Blitzwolf/Ugreen

LesPlenty

Company Rep
The grinder that came with the OG Mighty was never copied properly on the fakes and made it easy to tell a fake (pity the overpriced + does not have it)...along with the brush. Your brush looks legit @andreLayman but the different colored o-rings look suss.

stonewatcher

The grinder that came with the OG Mighty was never copied properly on the fakes and made it easy to tell a fake (pity the overpriced + does not have it)...along with the brush. Your brush looks legit @andreLayman but the different colored o-rings look suss.

I do not believe O-ring color is cause for concern. I have received two separate shades of Blue O-Rings directly from S&B over the last 18 months. This probably applies to the USB-C cable that OP is also suspicious of. Supply chain difficulties are the likely culprit.

Enjoy your new Mighty+ . I’d like to upgrade my OG Mighty to the + to get that a sweet sweet USB-C charging.

I enjoy temp stepping 170 - 185 - 200. Great device!

stonewatcher,
Reactions: LesPlenty

GymWolf

if it can take a charge, and ofcourse if it works well, make a burnoff session (full session) and after that start a session around 185C if the flavour is great then it's the real one for sure...

use high quality type-c cables i recommend... Anker/Blitzwolf/Ugreen
If i can ask, why does the quality of the cable matter that much while charging a vape?

GymWolf,

GoldenBud

If i can ask, why does the quality of the cable matter that much while charging a vape?
It's a device which cost double my smartphone so I'd treat it like that... also would never let the device idling at 100% charge (it's not ideal for these batteries)

GoldenBud,
Reactions: GymWolf

GoldenBud

Got it, i like your avatar, so much facts...
I will have to update it soon because I have found the answer to that question.... They won't legalize weed now because they know many dealers of the good flower will, may, turn into something worse than selling flowers... so... what they do is just giving more medical permissions to people, so people still can do their money from selling and also the country can still regulate it and take the right , lawful, comission.... politics?

GoldenBud,
Reactions: GymWolf

GymWolf

I will have to update it soon because I have found the answer to that question.... They won't legalize weed now because they know many dealers of the good flower will, may, turn into something worse than selling flowers... so... what they do is just giving more medical permissions to people, so people still can do their money from selling and also the country can still regulate it and take the right , lawful, comission.... politics?
Yeah but millions (billions?) of persons also enjoy cannabis for recreative use and it's highly unfair that these laws even exist because we have to think about the motherfuckers who can't even find an honest job, it's bullshit man.

Also i don't think the answer is that easy, many countries are corrupt and they want the drug dealers on the streets, they gives 2 fudges about my safety or your safety.

Top Bottom