Is Acrylic on the Tetra P80 a health concern?

Datoneguy

I love how the acrylic looks on the Tetra P80 but am wondering if there are any heath concerns there with touching it in general (or touching it than rubbing my eyes) or having in near the air or vapor path in anyway?

Honestly just paranoid about that sort of thing lol and was wonder if anyone had any more details?

I assume it's only a concern for touching it if the paint is still wet, but I have no idea tbh because I'm not the most knowledgeable on acrylic. I'd love some calming of my fears so I feel more comfortable going that route (they look incredible tbh). Otherwise, I'll contemplate some wood options (which also look incredible lol). But ya, anyone more knowledgeable than me, I'd appreciate some input here. Thanks for any info!

badbee

Do you think they make this stuff out of arsenic and plutonium? If acrylic was harmful you would have died a long time ago. OK, just yanking your chain a little. No, definitely not harmful in the slightest at room temperatures outside of the air path. Acrylic is all around you in household goods and you are likely touching it every day without realizing it.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I don't think there is any acrylic in the air/vapor path of the Tetra P80.
What makes you think there is, OP?

Ramahs,

Datoneguy

Do you think they make this stuff out of arsenic and plutonium? If acrylic was harmful you would have died a long time ago. OK, just yanking your chain a little. No, definitely not harmful in the slightest at room temperatures outside of the air path. Acrylic is all around you in household goods and you are likely touching it every day without realizing it.
Nah, but I have heard ammonia and depending on which colors are used possibly things like cadmium, cobalt, manganese, chromium, and lead. But good to know that it is all around me already most likely and I'm probably touching acrylic all the time. That's something I was not personally aware of.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

They are asking about skin contact of the acrylic on the outside basically.

Yeah I think it's like an insert plastic, some woods could be potentially worse even, like allergic skin reactions, but even then it's usually the fresh cut wood dust, if anything...

But everyone is different!

Datoneguy

So I don't think it necessarily is. Definitely came in concerned about just skin contact with acrylic in general. But also, Idk if the acrylic paint is possibly on the bottom area near where the air intake is on the vape. Possibly that part doesn't get painted but I thought maybe it does and that was my concern, having acrylic paint near the air intake. That or like putting in a stem at the top and accidentally chipping off some acrylic from the top area into my bowl or something lol. But I have no idea how stable the paint is and whether it would ever even dust off like that into the bowl or whether it's even near the air path at the bottom like this because most picture are from the side from what I've seen.

Genuinely curious but good to see other people who vape deem it a safe substance generally.

Datoneguy,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
So I don't think it necessarily is. Definitely came in concerned about just skin contact with acrylic in general. But also, Idk if the acrylic paint is possibly on the bottom area near where the air intake is on the vape. Possibly that part doesn't get painted but I thought maybe it does and that was my concern, having acrylic paint near the air intake. That or like putting in a stem at the top and accidentally chipping off some acrylic from the top area into my bowl or something lol. But I have no idea how stable the paint is and whether it would ever even dust off like that into the bowl or whether it's even near the air path at the bottom like this because most picture are from the side from what I've seen.

Genuinely curious but good to see other people who vape deem it a safe substance generally.

Yes it is on the bottom, but like wood it is away from heat enough and never heard of chipping, and glass stem connection bowls makes me think not much concern there either... But I have an acrylic one on the way so I have stake in this lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Datoneguy

Ramahs

Unless you have some kind of extremely rare medical condition that would cause you to have a reaction to something in acrylic, then I don't understand why you would think that touching acrylic would have any effect on you at all. And even then, I've never heard of such a condition existing.

What makes you think that you would have some sort of rare reaction to touching acrylic?

Ramahs,

Datoneguy

Yes it is on the bottom, but like wood it is away from heat enough and never heard of chipping, and glass stem connection bowls makes me think not much concern there either... But I have an acrylic one on the way so I have stake in this lol
Ya sorry for spreading some paranoia my dude lol. I'm likely gonna be going that route as well, just wanted to ask this just in case. But I agree with you, I think the fact that it's not in the vapor path or interacting with any heat makes me think it's likely not a concern. The top area chipping I find unlikely as well but I'm just letting my paranoia run wild here just in case lol.

Datoneguy

Unless you have some kind of extremely rare medical condition that would cause you to have a reaction to something in acrylic, then I don't understand why you would think that touching acrylic would have any effect on you at all. And even then, I've never heard of such a condition existing.

What makes you think that you would have some sort of rare reaction to touching acrylic?
I guess my concern isn't an immediate reaction but more of a long term unhealthy reaction. I can give you an example, christmas lights. People don't have an immediately harmful reaction to it but a lot of them contain lead and it's recommended that you wash your hands after handling the lights because you don't want to go eat some food and get some lead in it as your eating. That is more in line with my thinking and concerns on this topic. I'm not expecting to pick up the vape and break out in hives lol.

Ramahs

Ok. Well, as long as the acrylic is not near the heat in the air pathway, then you have nothing to worry about.

And if any vape manufacturer was found to be using something like lead paint on their vapes, they would be crushed by the users here, and everyone would know about it.

Top Bottom