max

Out to lunch
^ "Catalytic Heaters
Catalytic heaters generate heat through a flameless catalytic reaction involving propane and oxygen. The catalytic heater generates heat by bringing the propane and oxygen (air) into contact with a platinum catalyst. A chemical reaction then occurs in which the propane and oxygen are converted primarily into carbon dioxide and water vapor. During the chemical reaction, heat is also released. The chemical reaction occurs at a temperature well below the flame temperature of typical infrared radiant heaters. In order to start the reaction, the fuel and air mixture must be ignited by an external heat source, such as a spark or pilot light."
CO EMISSIONS FROM A PORTABLE PROPANE CATALYTIC HEATER, United States Consumer Product Safety Commission 2003
--http://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/FOIA/FOIA05/os/CO03.pdf

The vape doesn't necessarily use platinum as the catalyst, but the process is the same.

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
and air mixture must be ignited by an external heat source, such as a spark or pilot light."

so if it ignite it is a flame ? no ...anyway I dont realy care if this is not a flame what get bleu to orange when you press the starter ??

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
the bleu is not a spark ....if you look through the small orifice , you can see a kind of ?! lil flame pass from bleu to orange pretty slowly ...I'm absolutly not telling there is a flame inside ..i'm just searching to understand

Clear_Dome,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
all great ideas(and facts MAX) on the i-inhale...does i-inhale himself make appearances here anymore? everyone always has something interesting to say I LOVE IT!

Hennessy1414,

max

Out to lunch
I think of it as a pilot light, although it's not a flame. I believe the button you push after turning the butane on uses piezoelectricity to generate a spark that ignites this pilot light. With a catalytic reaction, the pilot light would ignite the fuel-air mixture to start the process.

does i-inhale himself make appearances here anymore?
Just the two posts so far. I guess he won't be hanging around in the spam thread much. :lol:

max,

gundha

I got my i-inhale shortly after its release date. I've been using it ever since. I have to say when it works, it works GREAT! BUT, it?s been a pain in the ass to refill it with butane. I bought 3 different types of butane cans and none of them did the job. I've read every post discussing how to refill it, seen videos on how to do it. I'm doing it right. But the butane just gets everywhere and very little gets in. I turn it on and does its initial light up for about 45 seconds. Then it comes back on in little while to reheat. By the third time, I hear a sound but no orange light. About the 5th time the butane releases sound has died of completely. :disgust:

I found a post recommending Ronson brand. The brand worked but I used most of the can and half of it got on the carpet cuz it STILL sprayed everywhere even in the beginning of the refill. So far I?ve bought 3 Ronson butane cans and have been able to use it about 4 or 5 times. Is that reasonable or do I have a defect product??? I called the store I got it from and they are sending me the butane can they use to test it. It should be coming today so we will see....

Overall though (ignoring my refill difficulties) the product is AWESOME! Very sheik, and unsuspecting. I mean you could pull it off as a radio or something if u needed to. When it has worked, I get plenty high :)

gundha,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
hmmm, no refill issues for me...maybe call the store you bought it from

stonemonkey55,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
gundha said:
I got my i-inhale shortly after its release date. I've been using it ever since. I have to say when it works, it works GREAT! BUT, it?s been a pain in the ass to refill it with butane. I bought 3 different types of butane cans and none of them did the job. I've read every post discussing how to refill it, seen videos on how to do it. I'm doing it right. But the butane just gets everywhere and very little gets in. I turn it on and does its initial light up for about 45 seconds. Then it comes back on in little while to reheat. By the third time, I hear a sound but no orange light. About the 5th time the butane releases sound has died of completely. :disgust:

I found a post recommending Ronson brand. The brand worked but I used most of the can and half of it got on the carpet cuz it STILL sprayed everywhere even in the beginning of the refill. So far I?ve bought 3 Ronson butane cans and have been able to use it about 4 or 5 times. Is that reasonable or do I have a defect product??? I called the store I got it from and they are sending me the butane can they use to test it. It should be coming today so we will see....

Overall though (ignoring my refill difficulties) the product is AWESOME! Very sheik, and unsuspecting. I mean you could pull it off as a radio or something if u needed to. When it has worked, I get plenty high :)
you have to press FIRMLY on the hole... trust me i have made the same mistake and was thinking what the fuck(on lighters and such) trust me dude...also point it downwards and if that really doesn't work contact i-inhale. :/ (i dont own an i-inhale) :lol: soon tho!

Hennessy1414,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hey gundha,

Sounds like an issue with the valve nib on the unit... if you can't refill it, I'd say it's defective. I'm assuming you've used butane before to refill lighters? Might even be some other defect causing it to stop... maybe it's still full and that's why you can't get more in.

If it's spraying everywhere, be careful. :ninja:

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
if you can't refill it with a ronson can i think your unit is defective....mine works well with that brand but other cheaper refillers are doing the same spraying everywhere!!
Maybe it depends on the little pin shape of the can?

marcuss,

PeteYpuFF

The ronson cans that I have been getting have a White Plastic tip and the hole starts out small and gets bigger like a funnel. For the I Inhale you have to cut part of the tip off to make it bigger. If you get a can that has different adapters in the cap you can just use those cans with no adapter.

PeteYpuFF,

max

Out to lunch
I've used a couple of Ronson cans with no problem. Didn't have to alter the tip. Got my delivery of Vector butane the other day-big 320ml cans. I feel like I've got a lifetime supply. Great price and 5 times refined. :tup:

max,

PeteYpuFF

The Bottles that I am talking about are the small ones I think 2.75oz. I have used NEON brand (its cheap) and Iucienne they both had metal tips with adapters in side the cap that are not needed. Has anyone noticed the unit temp to be different with different brands and quality of butane. I almost think it gets hotter with the cheap NEON fluid.

PeteYpuFF,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hummm .... hi realy think the brand you chose dont change nothing LOL i use some colibri cause that's what I use to make honey soo I have some can ...but ?! I'll suggest to use some 99.9 % pure butane to avoid dirt in the vap ..

Clear_Dome,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Clear_Dome said:
hummm .... hi realy think the brand you chose dont change nothing LOL i use some colibri cause that's what I use to make honey soo I have some can ...but ?! I'll suggest to use some 99.9 % pure butane to avoid dirt in the vap ..
only if i-inhale was here :/ :|

Hennessy1414,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
You should stick with high quality butane. :2c:

I don't own one, but IIRC that is what the manufacturer suggests.

Ronson is good shit. Cheap and available just about everywhere.

SpiralArchitect,

max

Out to lunch
Ronson is good shit. Cheap and available just about everywhere.
It's certainly available a lot of places, but they add a chemical to it that produces odor, and it's not cheap. The better quality Vector butane I bought here -http://www.cigarextras.com/ - is about one third the price of Ronson found in your local store.

max,

Hudsonrulez

dear I-inhale. My name is Hudson and I am a mod at www.thegrowreport.com vaporizer section. I have heard great things from this vaporizer and it could be the break through for vaping technology.

My question to you is. Have your field tested this product? My only concerns with this unit is the durability of it. Can it survive a few falls? Bits being mis-placed etc? Do you have an established retailers for this product in Canada?

Also will you be considering doing further field testing in vapor lounges such as vapor central in toronto or marc emery's cc hq in vancouver or will it be strictly done in places like holland.

I am actually considering buying one of your units but I'm a bit cautious from all the reviews I have read about its durability. If you can give me a reply that would be excellent. If not I will just email you. Thank you very much.

btw this forum looks really cool and there seems to be a lot of extreme fans in here. Its one of my favorite units too.

Hudsonrulez,

max

Out to lunch
I am actually considering buying one of your units but I'm a bit cautious from all the reviews I have read about its durability.
I've had a production unit since they became available. The few user reviews that I've seen on forums have been positive. There's certainly a possibility of stripping plastic threads, and I've broken the mouthpiece off in the metal bowl threads myself. But that was my fault. It does bounce well. I've dropped it about 3 ft. on a hard surface. I'm not willing to test it's limits in that area. When you have a lightweight, hand held pocket vape like this one, there have to be some compromises. If you want indestructable, look at the Purple-Days vape.

The company rep who has posted here is currently traveling, we're told, and emails are getting no reply. But they are answering phone calls. I suspect they're getting a lot of inquiries via email. We'll see if response improves, and if the rep continues to answer questions here on the forum.

max,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
mine also felt on the floor at few time and I dont have any probleme with it ...after one full week of test in all condition , I think my learning curve it's donne with this vap (I get visible hit each time now)and I have to admit that this vaporizer work realy well , I 'll make my official review tomorow as I promise to I-Inhale and I think I'll cover a lot of point and question ask by many people on this unit !!!

Clear_Dome,

marcuss

above the clouds
weey....mine passed the club test!!!
I was the only one inhaling some good plant extracts also when the big body guard come to me asking WTF you doing with your mobile's antenna in your mouth :ninja: ahhhahhehhahhh!!!
We could do the Camouflage Competition with lot of II for the winner's video!!!

marcuss,

Hudsonrulez

thanks for the suggestion max. I've also got a vapor genie. not a bad vape for 50 bucks. probably the best for vaping fine powedered herbs.

Hudsonrulez,
Top Bottom