iolite stops heating

Hey,

my iolite worked well but now it only heats up one time when I start it. Sometimes it doesnt heat up at all after that one time or after like 5 minutes but I can only hear the hissing and no flame is visible?
Also the butane valve makes weird noises like a fizzling it's weird but only when the iolite is on. Should I buy new butane gas? Mine is like 4 months old but theres still some gas left in the can.

Kickgame311,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Some iolites do this. More when old. My iolite started doing this when six months old. You just need to learn one new thing - ignite everytime hissing starts, not only the first time.

Seek,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Unless it's still under warranty of course. This is the way all my Iolites have died, and have been replaced under warranty.

WatTyler,
Seek said:
Some iolites do this. More when old. My iolite started doing this when six months old. You just need to learn one new thing - ignite everytime hissing starts, not only the first time.

That is horrible...I bought mine in august last year it worked fine all the time and heated up every 30 seconds or so. Now I dont use it anymore since it doesnt even hiss as often anymore so that technique wont be good.

Kickgame311,
WatTyler said:
Unless it's still under warranty of course. This is the way all my Iolites have died, and have been replaced under warranty.

Yes it's still under warranty but the iolite is not old and I hate it that I have to send it back now and wait for a new one...I did expect that the iolite would at least last two years for such a price!

Kickgame311,

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
Yes, you should get a warranty replacement. And some tips for new iolite if you didn't do it already with this one:
-Use only highest quality butane that you can obtain.
-Be gentle on the valve while filling it. My valve also does that sound sometimes. Maybe it is damaged because of pushing the can too hard while refilling. It doesn't need much force.
-Empty the butane tank when you think it's empty through the valve sometimes. Sometimes there's air or some nasty shit that needs out.

Seek,
Top Bottom