iolite & arizer EQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhash

Hi,
i've bought a iolite vaporizer.
when i try it, i've more effect than arizer EQ effect.

I would know if the temperature is more higher than 190 ( when i remove herbs, it's blacker than arizer )

i would know if iolite is more 'dangerous for my lungs ( i had a PT last year..)

thanks for your answers.

Zhash,

SD_haze

iolite is 374F or 190C.

The iolite loses moisture after the 2nd or so hit.
Dry hits can irritate the lung but its not permanent damage.

SD_haze,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
You can't really compare the effects of an iolite's 190 temp with an Arizer EQ. The readout on the EQ is not an accurate vaping temperature, so even if it says 190 on the screen, the actual temp of the air going through the herb is likely much lower than 190. It's apples and oranges really.
:peace:

Stu,

MrNorml

I think you can compare the iolite to the Q.
My experience with both is that each works well; I tend to load/use more product with the Q and sense a higher high (which makes sense due to more product). If I load the Iolite, use it, reload it, use it until it is out of gas (about 60-80 min. I guestimate here) I get really noticably affected.
In fact, a single session with the iolite does the trick. but for ... tissue tolerance? "Used to the feeling"?
I would say each works very well and each is more economical than joints/smoking/bongs and they both have a different "feeling" to my mind than any smoking experience. I don't feel as high; I don't feel as if I can walk straight either so obviously there is an efffect.
As for temps, I am guessing the Q can achieve whatever temp the iolite hits, and since there are apparently other elements in the product that vape at higher temps, maybe the Q is better to "drain" all of the product of its seductive quality. But the Iolite ia portable and does a great job. It is to me by no means inferior in any respect and has the 'travel portability' that is worth something. I carry mine around. I do not carry the Arizer around. Well, not often, anyway.
Any vape will dry the product. That is a result of temperatures, not the vape. So any vape can produce dry vapor depending on how it is used I guess. In my experience the Iolite is actually a less intrusive experience, but again I hit the Q over and over and over so get many more hits per session.
I have read both 185c and 190c for iolite temps. The Q tops out with preset temp at 230 (260 manual) so it gives a variety of temps. In terms of readout, apparently from an Arizer poster this is a totally confusing and complex issue in terms of where to measure, how many points to measure, etc. BUT ... the "190" reading should always be the same temp even if that temp is really "180" or "197" or whatever, since the reading is always from the same place. I think that is in the nature of the beast. The iolite has "a" temp preset, obviously preset to an appropriate temp for use. But it isn't "set-able". I'm guessing there is some metal piece that expands/contracts to allow fuel to enter and heat until the metal reaches whatever temp to cover up fuel intake. It works well. Not having to set a temp is probably a plus to many. At least you won't be worrying about what the "proper" temp is to set it. But you will know you may be losing a part of the product that only is released at higer temps.
Hope this helps someone.

MrNorml,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom