Phase3 Vaporizers

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Is there an eta as far as when you'll receive them? @invertedisdead

My UPS tracking isn't working right now but I'll try again later and see if it has an update.

I posted a poll on Instagram yesterday regarding preferred vape materials and interestingly, glass came out on top with the most votes by a good margin. I just wanted to touch on the results of this poll a bit. Granted it's a very small sample size as my IG is small and doesn't get much traffic, but everyone following is an enthusiast so there is some validity here.

The main issue with glass is it costs a lot to do anything advanced, and the inherent durability issue that makes shoppers skeptical of investing in advanced glassware. For simple torch vapes that don't need much considerations for tolerances, it can work great and be pretty affordable.

Was a little surprised to see ceramics were tied with stainless steel. Now to be fair, "ceramic" is a vague term, as there are many different technical ceramics, some with polar opposite properties. And the lower popularity in votes could easily come from lack of experience, as there aren't a ton of ceramic options in our niche right now, though these materials are well respected in the concentrate scene. As an avid dabber, a lot of inspiration for my flower stuff is drawn from the concentrate side. That's where the ruby terp pearl convection heater concept came from in the first place, it was from using ruby inserts and pearls for my dabs.

I just wanted to reiterate the role of Zirconia as a glass alternative here. It's the only advanced material with the inert, insulating heat retaining properties of glass, combined with the unique durability of steel. The goal is to provide the benefits of glass everyone knows and loves, without the durability concerns that come with the territory when using glass vapes. It's a larger upfront investment, but it should pay off in the end.

Regardless, I understand that to survive in this challenging industry, I ultimately have to give people what they want. If the bulk of enthusiasts are more interested in competitive pricing offered by using more affordable materials like stainless steel, that is something I will have to take into consideration again.

Thanks to everyone who's rocking with me!

Also, had a few folks asking about glass bowls, so just to clarify publicly all orders will come with the USA 14MM glass bowl, but I will have a few extras available for $35 if anybody needs one. I'll try and add them to the website today, I just don't want anyone double charged for shipping. Also working on getting my business email up and running again, if you reached out recently and it didn't go through it's because my demo trial ended. I'm just waiting for my subscription to be converted over to a smaller number of mailboxes on the back end, then it should be back up and online. Feel free to reach out on here or on the instant programming at any time.

Things on the drawing board this week:
new dab banger
8MM portable vaporizer
revisiting a dry cooling rig design, since I'm getting custom glass again

Cheers and good vibes to all. 🍄

coolbreeze

8MM portable vaporizer
:drool:

Was a little surprised to see ceramics were tied with stainless steel.
I wonder if it's mostly unfamiliarity. I love my ceramic vapes (Vapbong and Neo), both provide a really fantastic experience, but otherwise it's sort of hidden as ovens. I was sold on this because of the engineering, of course, but also because of the material:
the inert, insulating heat retaining properties of glass, combined with the unique durability of steel.

I do have a question about the bowls: you mentioned using an unground joint to avoid wear. Could I ask if that's a real concern? Will we be better off not to use ground glass at all?

This is all so exciting!

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
These bowls aren't as advanced as the custom Z8 bowl (might come later) but they have an unground joint to play nice with the ceramic head and a grab handle. A little extra depth too (14/23) - should hold at least .25g for those that want it, while also working super well with small .05g doses.

I do have a question about the bowls: you mentioned using an unground joint to avoid wear.
I'm not sure it's about wear. I believe, and hope inverted can confirm, that Boro and zirconia is quite close on the hardness scale with zirconia being slightly harder. I guess it might be, in conjunction with the grab handle, to help prevent the heater sticking in the bowl, but that's a guess on my part right now.

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
My UPS tracking isn't working right now but I'll try again later and see if it has an update.

I posted a poll on Instagram yesterday regarding preferred vape materials and interestingly, glass came out on top with the most votes by a good margin. I just wanted to touch on the results of this poll a bit. Granted it's a very small sample size as my IG is small and doesn't get much traffic, but everyone following is an enthusiast so there is some validity here.

The main issue with glass is it costs a lot to do anything advanced, and the inherent durability issue that makes shoppers skeptical of investing in advanced glassware. For simple torch vapes that don't need much considerations for tolerances, it can work great and be pretty affordable.

Was a little surprised to see ceramics were tied with stainless steel. Now to be fair, "ceramic" is a vague term, as there are many different technical ceramics, some with polar opposite properties. And the lower popularity in votes could easily come from lack of experience, as there aren't a ton of ceramic options in our niche right now, though these materials are well respected in the concentrate scene. As an avid dabber, a lot of inspiration for my flower stuff is drawn from the concentrate side. That's where the ruby terp pearl convection heater concept came from in the first place, it was from using ruby inserts and pearls for my dabs.

I just wanted to reiterate the role of Zirconia as a glass alternative here. It's the only advanced material with the inert, insulating heat retaining properties of glass, combined with the unique durability of steel. The goal is to provide the benefits of glass everyone knows and loves, without the durability concerns that come with the territory when using glass vapes. It's a larger upfront investment, but it should pay off in the end.

Regardless, I understand that to survive in this challenging industry, I ultimately have to give people what they want. If the bulk of enthusiasts are more interested in competitive pricing offered by using more affordable materials like stainless steel, that is something I will have to take into consideration again.

Thanks to everyone who's rocking with me!

Also, had a few folks asking about glass bowls, so just to clarify publicly all orders will come with the USA 14MM glass bowl, but I will have a few extras available for $35 if anybody needs one. I'll try and add them to the website today, I just don't want anyone double charged for shipping. Also working on getting my business email up and running again, if you reached out recently and it didn't go through it's because my demo trial ended. I'm just waiting for my subscription to be converted over to a smaller number of mailboxes on the back end, then it should be back up and online. Feel free to reach out on here or on the instant programming at any time.

Things on the drawing board this week:
new dab banger
8MM portable vaporizer

Cheers and good vibes to all. 🍄
The bowls are 14 to 14? Are we able to see a picture of one yet?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
:drool:

I wonder if it's mostly unfamiliarity. I love my ceramic vapes (Vapbong and Neo), both provide a really fantastic experience, but otherwise it's sort of hidden as ovens. I was sold on this because of the engineering, of course, but also because of the material:

I do have a question about the bowls: you mentioned using an unground joint to avoid wear. Could I ask if that's a real concern? Will we be better off not to use ground glass at all?

This is all so exciting!

Yeah I think unfamiliarity has a lot to do with it, hopefully these help get more people on board Zeee Train :lol:
I've been working on this 8MM vaporizer design for a while, currently there's a direct draw and a WPA variant.
I was planning on making them out of ceramic also.

As far as ground vs unground, I don't think it's going to be a major issue either way, but the main reason I did the unground joint up top was actually for the stainless steel bowl screen, as those have a tendency to scratch the ground glass fairly easily.

I'm not sure it's about wear. I believe, and hope inverted can confirm, that Boro and zirconia is quite close on the hardness scale with zirconia being slightly harder. I guess it might be, in conjunction with the grab handle, to help prevent the heater sticking in the bowl, but that's a guess on my part right now.

Zirconia is a few clicks up from borosilicate in hardness, but it's been finely polished for less friction.

The grab handle is mostly a comfort gesture, overall the bowl should stay cooler than the 1.8's, as the beads sit further from the bowl, more like the 1.5 in that regard.

A super interesting vapor experience is a 1.5 with a S&B dosing capsule as the bowl, shoved inside the taper of the quartz heater housing; it fits loose at first, but as the capsule warms it expands and fits more snugly. The result is sort of like an Anvil, but a lot more convection dominant, as the herb is held somewhere at like 200-300F and there's leagues more heated surface area on tap, which just obliterates the bowl very fast, as there's essentially no wasted heat loss to another bowl or anything.

Yeah the unground top joint should also help reduce/prevent bowl sticking!

The bowls are 14 to 14? Are we able to see a picture of one yet?

That's correct; I don't have any photos just yet, but they might show up later today!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I've been working on this 8MM vaporizer design for a while, currently there's a direct draw and a WPA variant.
I was planning on making them out of ceramic also

baby-take-my-money.gif

coolbreeze

I was planning on making them out of ceramic also.
Definitely intrigued. Can you share more?

As far as ground vs unground, I don't think it's going to be a major issue either way, but the main reason I did the unground joint up top was actually for the stainless steel bowl screen, as those have a tendency to scratch the ground glass fairly easily.
Yeah the unground top joint should also help reduce/prevent bowl sticking!
Ah, great. Thanks for the explanation!

Oden

I was there at the start of this thread in 2020.
I even had a discussion with invertedisdead privately at the time.
His project sounded like a crush.
A hope of obtaining it one day, but distant.
This thread has come a long way since then!
I read everything to catch up and damn I didn't know the second version was going to come out 😂😂😂.
My VAS was at a standstill for a long time (2020) because I couldn't find anything very interesting in this industry. I've been content with a P80 this whole time.
Now I have a TM2 and two Qaromashop vaporizers.
Very recent purchase.
Very satisfied overall, and in particular the Q products.
It introduced me to what a desktop vaporizer really is and frankly portable vaporizers won't mean much to me anymore.

I was considering buying another Q vape, but fuck it's the 1.8 that I absolutely want now!!!
Glad to know that pre-orders will be open after the first delivery.
I thought I missed the beast lol.

I think the price is honorable, and I'm really happy that invertedisdead has chosen to produce a high-end vaporizer 😁.
Sometimes you have to pay more than little, and be disappointed afterwards.
I see it as a long term investment.
Zirconia has always been what drew me here.
I suspect Qaromashop is following this thread lol.
Because I learned yesterday that he was going to release a new model in zirconia. But it must be a coincidence 🤣.
The 1.8 is going to be crazy! I can't wait to see the first images and video of future new users.

I hope you delivered to France sir?
🙏

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Hey folks 😎

Been a while. Came to see how this is coming along...good to see the project came to fruition!👍

I'm still rocking my DIY quartz/ruby ball torch-fired boro adapter... have not looked back since I came up with this rig 3 years ago!

I was hoping there would be an all- quartz design by now? I am not OK with the stainless steel screen holding the gems in place... I am not convinced that SS is 100% inert at those temperatures and just don't really want metal in my vape!!

I considered using the titanium screen from NewVape as a compromise but apparently it is totally rigid so I would not be able to fit it into the heater.....

Are there any quartz blowers here?

The only thing I can think of, that might be ‘better’ for purity, would be to go completely ‘aluminum’ free (aluminum oxide/sapphire) and use carbon/diamond balls.
…Unfortunately there doesn’t seem to be an reasonably affordable option for diamond balls, as each, lab grade, 3mm bead is around ~$750

Pro Tip: you do not need perfect shapes and smooth polish. Slightly variable size and shape beads work better :) I don't have any spare diamond beads lying around but the thermal properties of diamond suggest a very long heat-up time...
Luckily it looked to really just be one single person on Reddit shouting down. I'm not really phased by it.

Seriously, reddit is a gutter populated by manchildren, internet ghouls and other no-life parasites... avoid !

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
For anyone waiting to hear back on an extra bowl, I'm just waiting for the glass to arrive so I can inspect it first, should be here today.

@invertedisdead when you say 8mm, you mean like fitting into dyna stems 8mm?

Well it's that same familiar form factor, but it doesn't really work with other stems as it's a single piece unibody design.
Maybe I'll start a new thread for them, as I don't know that it would get much exposure in this thread anyways :ninja:
I think they're pretty sweet, but it would be good to hear more feedback and comments on them for sure.

I was there at the start of this thread in 2020.
I even had a discussion with invertedisdead privately at the time.
His project sounded like a crush.
A hope of obtaining it one day, but distant.
This thread has come a long way since then!
I read everything to catch up and damn I didn't know the second version was going to come out 😂😂😂.
My VAS was at a standstill for a long time (2020) because I couldn't find anything very interesting in this industry. I've been content with a P80 this whole time.
Now I have a TM2 and two Qaromashop vaporizers.
Very recent purchase.
Very satisfied overall, and in particular the Q products.
It introduced me to what a desktop vaporizer really is and frankly portable vaporizers won't mean much to me anymore.

I was considering buying another Q vape, but fuck it's the 1.8 that I absolutely want now!!!
Glad to know that pre-orders will be open after the first delivery.
I thought I missed the beast lol.

I think the price is honorable, and I'm really happy that invertedisdead has chosen to produce a high-end vaporizer 😁.
Sometimes you have to pay more than little, and be disappointed afterwards.
I see it as a long term investment.
Zirconia has always been what drew me here.
I suspect Qaromashop is following this thread lol.
Because I learned yesterday that he was going to release a new model in zirconia. But it must be a coincidence 🤣.
The 1.8 is going to be crazy! I can't wait to see the first images and video of future new users.

I hope you delivered to France sir?
🙏

I really appreciate those kind words,

Also appreciate you following along for so long, I truly do apologize (to everyone) for the poor time management of this ruby ball vape project. It's been quite the journey that's for sure!

If I could go back in time, I would definitely put more effort into getting my earlier versions in more hands. Honestly the vape industry is so different today from when I started this thread, it's kinda wild 🐊

Oh yeah haha, they all read this thread, they just never say hi :wave:

No problem shipping worldwide, happy to get them out there!

I might have to increase the price a little bit going forward, as there's a number of additional expenses I've found, but I'll do my best to work on that.

Good work, sir!​

Cheers pal! :sherlock:

Hey folks 😎

Been a while. Came to see how this is coming along...good to see the project came to fruition!👍

I'm still rocking my DIY quartz/ruby ball torch-fired boro adapter... have not looked back since I came up with this rig 3 years ago!

I was hoping there would be an all- quartz design by now? I am not OK with the stainless steel screen holding the gems in place... I am not convinced that SS is 100% inert at those temperatures and just don't really want metal in my vape!!

I considered using the titanium screen from NewVape as a compromise but apparently it is totally rigid so I would not be able to fit it into the heater.....

Are there any quartz blowers here?

Cheers friend,

The vapor wands are super legit for sure. The torch stuff does face higher temperatures than the coil driven devices, but typical glass screens are a bit tricky as the round beads have a tendency to "sit" inside those holes. A pinched or spiked indent screen might work better and keep the price down, that's what the original InVerzion vaporizer used which started this thread, I called it the "turbine screen."

Of course a proper quartz screen could be done easily enough, I looked into it a few years ago, but it wouldn't be super cheap to do. It's really just a price thing. For that reason I'm not doing much glass vape designs lately, though I've been tinkering with the idea of a full ceramic Z vapor wand, but I could offer better pricing if it was made from stainless steel.

It's tricky, because I really want to offer some fresh stuff that's more accessible to folks to help get the name out, but I'm also pretty tied to my puritan motif.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
395-A5-FF7-E34-D-4-C80-BA6-E-2-EAC403-CF4-D5.jpg
Alrighty USA bowls are in and I’m pretty stoked on how they came out overall! But I did notice a bit of an issue, there must have been a mix up somewhere along the conversation, as the handles were made with tubing instead of solid rod, thus the handle is basically a carb now. I understand how this could have happened, as this is what a scientific glass shop would typically build, as a vacuum adapter.

I’ll reach out to the glass shop and see what they say.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What about a portable? I mean if anyone is gonna be meticulous about a portable it'd be you

Electric portable or butane powered?

Electric portables is the most popular category by far, but it costs a lot to develop that kind of stuff.

If you mean torch powered, I've got a ton of those in a bunch of different styles :lol:

Recently revised a water pipe ready, torch blasted convection injection section and I'm pretty stoked on the concept. Maybe those 3 years of reading PhD thesises on heat transfer will pay off :rofl:

Way too many concepts, so little time!

Z8 housingz should be clearing customs today :leaf:

felvapes

395-A5-FF7-E34-D-4-C80-BA6-E-2-EAC403-CF4-D5.jpg
Alrighty USA bowls are in and I’m pretty stoked on how they came out overall! But I did notice a bit of an issue, there must have been a mix up somewhere along the conversation, as the handles were made with tubing instead of solid rod, thus the handle is basically a carb now. I understand how this could have happened, as this is what a scientific glass shop would typically build, as a vacuum adapter.

I’ll reach out to the glass shop and see what they say.
These are the injector bowls I've been thinking about in my head (minus the hollow)

Do you post to ausland?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
These are the injector bowls I've been thinking about in my head (minus the hollow)

Do you post to ausland?

I‘ll ship anywhere that USPS First Class International will deliver to.

Hi,

I can't quote @invertedisdead as I'm a spanner and can't use the web but I have definitely lurked on this thread for a while and I have learnt a fair bit from it so thank you

Cheers bud!
Knowledge is power 🏎🏎🏎🏎🏎

Edit: just heard back from the glass shop, the’ve acknowledged the mistake and are gonna work with me to fix these. A real benefit of doing business domestically! I’m going to get them mailed back out to the east coast today.

I really wanted to get Z8’s shipped out before my moms cancer surgery next week but it might not happen from this glass mixup. Will be trying my very best, thanks so much for your patience and understanding.

Regards to all

Last edited:

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Electric portable or butane powered?

Electric portables is the most popular category by far, but it costs a lot to develop that kind of stuff.

If you mean torch powered, I've got a ton of those in a bunch of different styles :lol:

Recently revised a water pipe ready, torch blasted convection injection section and I'm pretty stoked on the concept. Maybe those 3 years of reading PhD thesises on heat transfer will pay off :rofl:

Way too many concepts, so little time!

Z8 housingz should be clearing customs today :leaf:
That sounds sick asf. What do those torch vapes look like? Also, it's nearly zirconia time!!!!!!! I hope that surgery goes well as well man. No worries on the delay

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Speaking of, I still need to make me a sandcastle....

Heavily underrated

I need to rig up another Electric Sandcastle because that one was super legit too.

About 6 months ago I came up with an updated SCVW- a one piece, bead free, high surface area, pure 100% quartz convection vapor wand. It’s a bit different from the original Sandcastle concept, but it still fits the philosophy all the way.

Maybe my glassblower can build me one and send it back with the bowls to try out. 🧐
@Shit Snacks @Grass Yes

(Depends on what you find similar of course, I was going off the 8mm but from what @invertedisdead told it is also different from stuff like VC)

the truth is I’ve got butane blasted steam stacking designs in every available flavor! Pure conduction, pharmaceutical grade for laboratory use only ultra pure convection, true hybrid; heck I even experimented with a radiant heat vape last year. :rofl:

Have a few that actually are rather “VapCap-y” (ZonG :brow: ) and others that are totally different.

That sounds sick asf. What do those torch vapes look like? Also, it's nearly zirconia time!!!!!!! I hope that surgery goes well as well man. No worries on the delay

Thank you so much for the kind words sir and you are absolutely right, Z Tribe RISE UP! 💤💤

Top Bottom