Phase3 Vaporizers

arb

Semi shaved ape
I'm currently running the most recent Quartz housing (V1.4) in a "Graduated Pearl" arrangement: 6MM > 4MM > 3MM. This changes the velocity and airflow profile a bit over a traditional packing.

The rendering posted for InV1.7 actually skips over a few versions that were never posted. Technically there has been four generations of prototypes made and a few more concepts in between. I skipped to 1.7 to signify the 7 holes.
That's my favorite number of holes.......just sayin.
🏝

arb

Semi shaved ape
1165-BCC7-C037-448-B-BCD4-FCCDD9230816.jpg

This bowl was brought to you in part by the Corporation for Public Bong Smoking.
Would you wanna part with one of these?
I have been messing with the flipbrick and want to try your glass version.
😋

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Always good stuff in here, now that I have G43 turned into R43, experiencing this a bit, and seeing that post, I really see the value and having multiple sizes for the sapphires in the heater... I guess that does not work with the all quartz design of the InV1.7 though, but yeah we all want whatever lol

Shadooz

😋
I always sounds like the bad guys... but be carefull, kids, with some toys...

Direct torch inhalation will just lead to acidosis (and worst).
don't be like those dumb young that fall into easyness commercial trend.. (i know u'r not young anymore).

Never daily drive with it !
I warn u arb cause we get some "not bad" talk together

arb

Semi shaved ape
I always sounds like the bad guys... but be carefull, kids, with some toys...

Direct torch inhalation will just lead to acidosis (and worst).
don't be like those dumb young that fall into easyness commercial trend.. (i know u'r not young anymore).

Never daily drive with it !
I warn u arb cause we get some "not bad" talk together

That's a interesting read,thank you.
No worries ain't no stinkin flame driver gonna knock me off the Wang.
😁
If only Big Wang had an appropriate adapter..........maybe santysloth will bring me something sexy.
👻

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
😋

You might have a suitable candidate sitting in a drawer, I'll send ya a PM :sherlock:

Oregon Glass Blower built my first one for me, but I stumbled onto a different design that seems to work just as well.

The theme of that project was "simplest vape ever" and I think it hits all the points. :D

Always good stuff in here, now that I have G43 turned into R43, experiencing this a bit, and seeing that post, I really see the value and having multiple sizes for the sapphires in the heater... I guess that does not work with the all quartz design of the InV1.7 though, but yeah we all want whatever lol

Yeah the graduated pearl concept wouldn't fit through the loading hole in the 1.7X design, but I do have another idea I've been pondering for achieving similar function and flow that would work!

That said, on my Quest For Da Best I've been preparing a totally new concept for an all glass, high surface area desktop without using any glass balls or pearls.

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,
idk if anyone mentioned but how about a tapered bottom to fit both 14 and 18 mm female connections also s the different sized e nail coils may fit as well or make it a size that is standard to many already in ues, maybe the flowerpot heat coil/ just a thought. Anyway badass design i love minimilizast that functions great like the surfer still my favprite many years later, this looks like a winner,if you could get a klittle bigger clouds i would be in. Goood job wih the creativity it seems like a great unit

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
idk if anyone mentioned but how about a tapered bottom to fit both 14 and 18 mm female connections also s the different sized e nail coils may fit as well or make it a size that is standard to many already in ues, maybe the flowerpot heat coil/ just a thought. Anyway badass design i love minimilizast that functions great like the surfer still my favprite many years later, this looks like a winner,if you could get a klittle bigger clouds i would be in. Goood job wih the creativity it seems like a great unit

Thanks OG!
Here’s a good cloud vid from my second prototype.

The current one can rip even bigger due to better airflow, I just physically haven’t been able to do giant vape hits lately. For the folks that can inhale for two minutes straight I can’t even imagine the kind of clouds they would get:science:

I think it’s these little bubblers that have been bothering me. Need to go back to a real bong for the big crushers :lol:

A flowerpot coil will fit this, it’s just one wrap less than the coil I’m using so the temperature might need to be raised a few degrees, but it should be fine. Once the quartz housing is up to temp the sapphires do all the real work providing a stable temperature anyways. Even though the coil is on the outside of the quartz, the sapphires are actually hot before the quartz housing. That was one of the key principals to this vape concept is unlike those designs which used glass balls, the sapphires (or rubys) act like a laboratory bead bath, to heat the housing much more uniformly than the actual coil is capable of.

👽

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
I think it’s these little bubblers that have been bothering me. Need to go back to a real bong for the big crushers :lol:
I have a small bubbler, dropped a middling sized bubbler (that was my go to for big hits), and have a larger bubbler on order. I've got a straight tube little oil rig with a disc perc, does a good job on concentrates.

I am seriously considering buying an old school, 1990s style 2' flask bottom bong. I think there is something about minimal water with a lot of headspace that just works well for flower (whether burning, which I haven't done since the 90s, or vaping). I've been looking at GooRoo's HD line (since my condition means I tend to drop and smash things lol).

So, OGB (who you've mentioned before) has done some custom work for me, and your idea of a sapphire-less heater makes sense to me. Especially with a longer coil, a 14 or 18mm spiked "cooling tube" about two inches long with a ground joint might be really effective. Basically the elev8r but broader, taller, with more spikes (and surface area). I've really been enjoying my DC-Elev8r from VG, but the airflow leaves something to be desired for sure...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I have a small bubbler, dropped a middling sized bubbler (that was my go to for big hits), and have a larger bubbler on order. I've got a straight tube little oil rig with a disc perc, does a good job on concentrates.

I am seriously considering buying an old school, 1990s style 2' flask bottom bong. I think there is something about minimal water with a lot of headspace that just works well for flower (whether burning, which I haven't done since the 90s, or vaping). I've been looking at GooRoo's HD line (since my condition means I tend to drop and smash things lol).

So, OGB (who you've mentioned before) has done some custom work for me, and your idea of a sapphire-less heater makes sense to me. Especially with a longer coil, a 14 or 18mm spiked "cooling tube" about two inches long with a ground joint might be really effective. Basically the elev8r but broader, taller, with more spikes (and surface area). I've really been enjoying my DC-Elev8r from VG, but the airflow leaves something to be desired for sure...

I think it's kind of interesting how a larger sized pipe doesn’t necessarily equal more cooling. I’ve had physically larger pieces that weren’t as efficient as some smaller stuff, there’s a lot of dynamics going on that seem to affect this. Water level is a big one, like a straight tube will hold less water than the equivalent beaker bottom, or round bottom, which will have a pronounced effect on the cooling. My last two bubbler purchases seemed like they delivered more cooling than my taller 14" double perc straight tube.

Realistically though, vapor "cooling" is largely mythology. If you can see the vapor it has already begun condensing. The challenge with bigger tubes (especially) is finding the balance between "cooling" proportional to losses from condensation.

I'm actually looking to get away from the heating coil and go towards another direction so long as it is not cost prohibitive. It is challenging trying to build McLaren's on a beer can budget 😁😏

Lately im in contact with a more local scientific glassblowing shop in hopes of finding the right manufacturer whom can help me turn some ideas into fresh functioning prototypes. I've been sketching out a bunch of custom glass vapor rigs lately; some dry, some wet.

The goo roo 50\80 home defense tube is my favorite big bong by a lot.
😍

You could win the World Series with that Slugger! 😁

Isn't that the magic phrase that means we are all encouraged to do a bong hit?

"The smile on your face lets me know that the dab worked"

arb

Semi shaved ape
I think it's kind of interesting how a larger sized pipe doesn’t necessarily equal more cooling. I’ve had physically larger pieces that weren’t as efficient as some smaller stuff, there’s a lot of dynamics going on that seem to affect this. Water level is a big one, like a straight tube will hold less water than the equivalent beaker bottom, or round bottom, which will have a pronounced effect on the cooling. My last two bubbler purchases seemed like they delivered more cooling than my taller 14" double perc straight tube.

Realistically though, vapor "cooling" is largely mythology. If you can see the vapor it has already begun condensing. The challenge with bigger tubes (especially) is finding the balance between "cooling" proportional to losses from condensation.

I'm actually looking to get away from the heating coil and go towards another direction so long as it is not cost prohibitive. It is challenging trying to build McLaren's on a beer can budget 😁😏

Lately im in contact with a more local scientific glassblowing shop in hopes of finding the right manufacturer whom can help me turn some ideas into fresh functioning prototypes. I've been sketching out a bunch of custom glass vapor rigs lately; some dry, some wet.

You could win the World Series with that Slugger! 😁

"The smile on your face lets me know that the dab worked"

The water volume is the key to smooth vapor for myself.

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
The water volume is the key to smooth vapor for myself.
That seems to be my experience as well. If my Sky Glass ever gets here, should be able to rectify that a bit. Also thinking about getting a recycler as well. Also, I'm not entirely convinced that cooling is the most important part (for me): I want some humidity, so I tend to use warm (and more) water.

Anyhow, I broke my megaglobe (C250) which seemed to be just about perfect for most of my vapes, but was made of paper thin glass. I have smaller disc perc for dabs that works. I'm definitely getting a flask or straight pipe from GooRoo. I'm in need of a good cudgel anyways, so it should serve two purposes.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
A lot of people like hot water vaping, some folks claim that direct butane torch vapes are smoother due to water vapor in the airstream.

When I first started vaping I used to love filling the ice pinch in a smallbeaker. Ice just gets annoying if you vape a lot cause the water level is always changing. Lately I’ve been keeping my dab rig in the fridge lol 🥶

I had a Globe bubbler that looked like an actual globe, with the continents sandblasted on it lol. That thing actually had a lot of cooling for it’s size, it held a solid amount of water without being too chuggy; I guess because there’s more surface area in a sphere. I thought this one was kind of cool!

biohacker

What's up higher purity standards fam!?

Anything on the burner at Inverzion Labs for us extract cannasseurs? :brow:

I'm also always interested in glass water tool ideas as I can never find a 14mm rig that I like anymore these days. It's like they have to re-invent the wheel when it was already perfect! Toro style ftw! :D

Thanks Inverted for caring to stay on the leading edge of this tech for us OCD Cannasseurs that actually care about high quality vapours! :rockon::clap:

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What's up higher purity standards fam!?

Anything on the burner at Inverzion Labs for us extract cannasseurs? :brow:

I'm also always interested in glass water tool ideas as I can never find a 14mm rig that I like anymore these days. It's like they have to re-invent the wheel when it was already perfect! Toro style ftw! :D

Thanks Inverted for caring to stay on the leading edge of this tech for us OCD Cannasseurs that actually care about high quality vapours! :rockon::clap:

Cheers to you, OG! :cheers:

Definitely have some concentrate centric ideas, though honestly I haven’t focused too much on them as I feel concentrates are easier to vape, and with just a quartz banger anyone can have a high quality concentrate vaping experience. So I’ve been focusing more on flower stuff as I think there is frankly more room for improvement there.

I do have some banger designs that I think could “reinvent the e-nail” based on using these different dabbing systems and taking the best parts of each of them. i think its one of my best ideas, but would take some development to get going.

And I’ve been thinking of doing an optimized quartz banger for the enail for a few years now lol, instead of the big thick ones which I believe is a design flaw for continuous heat applications. Too much mass!

Mostly designing glass stuff right now, the hard part is trying to play out all these hypothetical scenarios in my head to make semi informed decisions without having to physically prototype all these different ideas to compare them. That’s really the hardest part is trying to consider the flaws an idea could have. I have around 300 sketches for vapes/accessories, but there’s only a few actual concepts, most of the drawings are just different potential approaches. The most important thing I’ve learned on my journey is that it really doesn’t matter how good a design is if it’s cost prohibitive to manufacture. And a lot of the coolest stuff is the hardest to make, what a balancing act!!

0-C554-B4-D-1731-4443-8-B4-A-C32933-B87-E91.jpg

Green Kiwi

Cheers to you, OG! :cheers:

Definitely have some concentrate centric ideas, though honestly I haven’t focused too much on them as I feel concentrates are easier to vape, and with just a quartz banger anyone can have a high quality concentrate vaping experience. So I’ve been focusing more on flower stuff as I think there is frankly more room for improvement there.

I do have some banger designs that I think could “reinvent the e-nail” based on using these different dabbing systems and taking the best parts of each of them. i think its one of my best ideas, but would take some development to get going.

And I’ve been thinking of doing an optimized quartz banger for the enail for a few years now lol, instead of the big thick ones which I believe is a design flaw for continuous heat applications. Too much mass!

Mostly designing glass stuff right now, the hard part is trying to play out all these hypothetical scenarios in my head to make semi informed decisions without having to physically prototype all these different ideas to compare them. That’s really the hardest part is trying to consider the flaws an idea could have. I have around 300 sketches for vapes/accessories, but there’s only a few actual concepts, most of the drawings are just different potential approaches. The most important thing I’ve learned on my journey is that it really doesn’t matter how good a design is if it’s cost prohibitive to manufacture. And a lot of the coolest stuff is the hardest to make, what a balancing act!!

0-C554-B4-D-1731-4443-8-B4-A-C32933-B87-E91.jpg
So I’ve been focusing more on flower stuff as I think there is frankly more room for improvement there.
And AGAIN I believe you're right, and thinking in the right direction:clap::rockon:.
Please , continue , as I really am soooooo keen to try your idea's!
Mate! I reckon your first productionrun will immediately sell out! Have Faith In YourSelf!
you absolutely Deserve all the respect and love you are getting here from us!:clap::nod::bowdown:.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
And AGAIN I believe you're right, and thinking in the right direction:clap::rockon:.
Please , continue , as I really am soooooo keen to try your idea's!
Mate! I reckon your first productionrun will immediately sell out! Have Faith In YourSelf!
you absolutely Deserve all the respect and love you are getting here from us!:clap::nod::bowdown:.

Thank you for those most kind words of encouragement, it means a lot!

0-60 like a Tesla Roadster...
This vape is great for old vapers with tired lungs who don’t want to inhale for 45 seconds.

And a big shout out to my sponsor, Baskin Robbins for supplying the loading tool! (BLT)

MikeRotchHertz

Thank you for those most kind words of encouragement, it means a lot!

0-60 like a Tesla Roadster...
This vape is great for old vapers with tired lungs who don’t want to inhale for 45 seconds.

And a big shout out to my sponsor, Baskin Robbins for supplying the loading tool! (BLT)
Ain't nobody got lungs for that. I love instant milk-up so I don't have to change my draw slower than what the perc on the glass was designed for.

DRCousCous

Well-Known Newb
I love instant milk-up so I don't have to change my draw slower than what the perc on the glass was designed for.

Serious question from a relative newb to vaping (who has a few convection vapes): the material has to heat to a certain point to produce vapor; the air moving through the material heats the material to the vaporization temp of some terps, then cannabinoids and other terps, then benzene and other generally non-desirable byproducts; and then you get vapor.

My question about the "instant milk" is really about technique: with the vapes I have, there are two ways I know to get instant milk.

1. Crank up the heat just to the point it doesn't burn the top most material (but of course you get all those other lovely pre-combustion goodies like benzene) will produce near-instant vapor in most convection vapes (SBL, DiTanium, Elev8r, etc.) I'm familiar with;
  2. Pre-heat both the material and the air intake: on every convection vape I own, the first hit is really terpy, warms up the material and air intake, and prepares the vape and material for the second hit (which is, invariably, close to instant milk without burning if packed right, etc.); this is especially true with the Runt and DiTanium, which seem to need warmer hits to really get functioning at max-milk production).
So, I've defaulted to the 2nd method (since I don't like scorching my herb). Are their convection vapes that you can get near-on-demand vapor without scorching the herb on the first draw? If so... @invertedisdead, what's the physics & engineering trick to getting near-on-demand vapor while keeping the temps reasonable? Is it airflow through the material at a constant temp (I know you're keen on maximizing heater->air energy exchange rather than just thermal mass)?

Shadooz

what's the physics & engineering trick to getting near-on-demand vapor while keeping the temps reasonable?
No trick, fasteness of extraction will be the result of the
(thermal pressure×surfaces)/time

To Increase the thermal pressure by the initial heater temp is the way chosen right now, with blast effect, scorching...
only good for cloud porn...

And even more when the thermal pressure is over estimated for the ammount loaded.
Even even more true for low mass heater, or still unreactive one.

And for the surfaces, the finest ground spread in thinnest layer will be the more efficient (for fasteness). But u still have to avoid the overfocus of laminar flow. So the spread will be limited.

Slow start inhale will
- avoid the temp drop,
- reduce the "maillard reaction" which is unwanted here, we're not grilling a steak... which also happen with coarse grind..
- increase the overall vapor (load) u can take with one inhale, not it's fasteness

Convection can mostly all do instant milk, just a smaller ammount than the one wanted...

@invertedisdead i see ur 14mm bowl being way wider than the 14mm joints. U succeed to not hotspot the middle ?

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
So, I've defaulted to the 2nd method (since I don't like scorching my herb). Are their convection vapes that you can get near-on-demand vapor without scorching the herb on the first draw? If so... @invertedisdead, what's the physics & engineering trick to getting near-on-demand vapor while keeping the temps reasonable? Is it airflow through the material at a constant temp (I know you're keen on maximizing heater->air energy exchange rather than just thermal mass)?

That’s actually a good general best-practice for vapes; to dry the material out on the first hit and then milk the bulk of the vapor in a subsequent draw. That’s the style I would probably recommend to most folks as it’s an easy way to consistently enjoyable results.

For a more ambitious approach to the Shangri-La of instant milk, a lot of it is balancing the temperature of the device to the amount of airflow being drawn through it, and maybe more importantly the right amount of herb.

One of the most important elements of proper one-hitters is being able to actually finish the bowl in one hit. You’ll notice there’s much more room in the bowl for herb, but I’m only loading a relatively small amount. It’s very possible to milk great quality vapor nearly instantly, without scorching. However after the first inhalation and the material is fully dried, a clean up hit is an easy way to spoil the show. And don’t get me wrong, it won’t be anywhere near close to catching on fire, but it won’t be of much value either. This comes easier with more experience, knowing when to reload, but I find that following your taste buds makes it easy enough. It’s very easy with this vaporizer to taste when you’ve gone too far, easier than any other device I’ve ever used, which I believe largely comes down to materials purity. Airflow is important as well, with more airflow you can “ride the wave” differently than a device with less flow.

A quick way to faster milking is moving more fuel through the engine, in our case the fuel is hot air. Those who have been following this thread since the beginning when it was just a single air inlet hole might recognize the improvements in airflow. Earlier models milked deeply but not as quickly, due to more drag.

Also because the screen is adjustable, it’s possible to adjust for your average load size and temperature, while still being far enough away from the heat source to not have to worry about “broiling” the top. I’m using a fine grind in the video to help mitigate that as well. A coarse or hand torn consistency works fine and milks fat too, though the settings might be a little different. Fine grind is an easy way to get more vapor without raising temps.

@invertedisdead i see ur 14mm bowl being way wider than the 14mm joints. U succeed to not hotspot the middle

It’s 19mm female on top, 14mm male on the bottom - With moderate load sizes it’s easier to prevent needing a stir. I have another idea to take it all the way, but I haven’t been able to test that feature yet.

@lazylathe @MikeRotchHertz greatly appreciate ya’ll following along! Patience of Saints! 😁

Top Bottom