• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Interesting News, Articles & Stuff

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

97f2460f645714d1a14b62f7bd1c9d7ff2c7da93f654d3d0875550ba347a21de.jpg

florduh

America is becoming more and more dystopian.

At a junior hockey game, South Dakota teachers participated in a real life Squid Game, scrambling over $5,000 to spend on their classrooms.

61b6bcd74f0a690019040a24

Then there's this shit.

A competition sponsored by Dr. Pepper where students try and throw balls into a hole to see who gets to avoid decades of student loan debt is about the most American thing I've ever heard.

FF0DFBPXoAImzRF

I say, let's lean into this. Have poor cancer patients with shitty health insurance compete in a sing-off during the Masked Singer finale to see who gets to afford life saving chemo.

JOHN GALT

This Is the Robotic Hand That Could Finally Take Over Your Job​

The new robotic hand, which they call ILDA (integrated linkage-driven dexterous anthropomorphic), consists of about 20 joints and gives it about 15 degrees of movement. It weighs about 1.1 kilograms, but has a fingertip force of 34 Newtons (the typical human finger can apply about 47 Newtons).

BrianTL

Westchester, NY

97f2460f645714d1a14b62f7bd1c9d7ff2c7da93f654d3d0875550ba347a21de.jpg

Well heres a good reason...

IVZODHIJLBFGPE4-QQ6-EQYSBDXQ.jpg

Meanwhile...

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Right. Because of all places Florida has shown how humane and intellegent their citizenry is...

No offense to you personally, @florduh...

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming all currently have permitless concealed carry in some form or another.

Those residents must all be inhumane and unintelligent too.

BrianTL,
Reactions: Summer

Knewt

Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming all currently have permitless concealed carry in some form or another.

Those residents must all be inhumane and unintelligent too.
I live in one, and have lived in a few others, so yes, you are correct.

florduh

All I want for Christmas is for the media to be as hysterical over the rich stealing from the poor as they are when the poor steal from the rich.

Here's a free headline idea: "LAWLESS SAN FRANCISCO: Criminals Steal 2 MILLION Dollars in Broad Daylight"

I've seen lots of crying over bail reform for petty criminals. Important to note, the BK franchisee who stole 2 mil from his low paid employees wasn't even arrested. This brazen criminal is left to walk the streets.

Robert-in-YEG

This is living in Alberta.

In the summer, the furnace cuts in early morning to warm the house, by lunch the air conditioner is needed. When winter comes, it can go from 0 to -40 in a few hours.

Robert-in-YEG

Calgary gets more chinooks than Edmonton.

florduh

An Amazon driver kept requesting to go back to the warehouse, because there were tornadoes in the area....

Eventually, with sirens blaring, the driver decided to return to the warehouse. Here was the dispatcher’s response.

If you decided to come back, that choice is yours. But I can tell you it won’t be viewed as for your own safety. The safest practice is to stay exactly where you are. If you decide to return with your packages, it will be viewed as you refusing your route, which will ultimately end with you not having a job come tomorrow morning. The sirens are just a warning.

The entire exchange was pretty insane. I hope Jeff Bezos's next rocket trip is a real challenge, if you catch my drift.

Last edited:

florduh

1000.jpeg

A leftist millennial who rose to prominence during anti-government protests was elected Chile’s next president Sunday after a bruising campaign against a free-market firebrand likened to Donald Trump.

Me realizing that Henry Kissinger, who planned the violent coup against Allende in '73, has lived long enough to see another Leftist elected President in Chile.

"If Chile was the birthplace of neoliberalism, it will also be its graveyard"- President-elect Gabriel Boric.

Last edited:

Planck

believes in Dog
Newen Afrobeat - No les creeré (Video Oficial)

From google translate: During the social outbreak, millions of Chileans have raised their voices to protest the injustices of a neoliberal system that has constantly abused the majority and has facilitated the privilege of the political class and the business community.

Excessive privatization has resulted in low pensions, low wages, a constant rise in the cost of living, and difficulty in accessing education and health. Rage and boredom today mobilize people, demanding dignity and social protection.

The repressive measures exerted by the government in office have caused serious and multiple violations of human rights; mutilations, torture, rapes, deaths and thousands of wounded people. To this day, those responsible remain in impunity and those who "govern" have not given concrete answers or solutions to the legitimate demands of the Chilean people.

Berzzerkker

Notorious expat Cannabis bar shut down in Phnom Penh​

‘Dirty Old Sailors’ was notorious in Phnom Penh for purveying items such as ‘Hot Sticky Toffee Pudding with infused syrup’, ‘Banana bread, Date, Chocolate Chip Cake (all infused) Real strong
😏
’ and other cannabis ‘edibles’.

The bar was also known for selling cannabis in a smokeable form and had become an open secret among expats circles as a place to score drugs.

On the bar’s Facebook page (which has now been removed), a satisfied user says of the Chocolate Chip Cake:

‘I tried that. Its amazing, tastes fantastic and a top high’

Berzzerkker,
Reactions: macbill
Top Bottom