Inline Duct Heaters?

iScrtAznMan

Anyone know if these would be a good idea? I'm kind of concerned about the 2 psi minimum but I feel like a temperature limiter could avoid overheating but maybe there wouldn't be enough turbulent flow to ensure even heating. I feel like a DIY miniaturized version would be amazing though. Could have a replaceable heater element and the ability to do forced airflow for bags or massive lung hits. It looks like you can order them with a TC if you wanted as well.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
750 watts. Lots of cold mass. Overkill. etc. Now have a look at the heater they are using which may be adaptable or exploitable.

TommyDee,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
Mass for heat soak is great for convection, it's rated to output air at 1000f, so you can cut the voltage and will need a lot less power for vaping purpose.

I wouldn't do it though, no idea if the materials are safe for vaping.

iScrtAznMan

Mass for heat soak is great for convection, it's rated to output air at 1000f, so you can cut the voltage and will need a lot less power for vaping purpose.

I wouldn't do it though, no idea if the materials are safe for vaping.
Yeah my main concern is the copper T fitting they use and whether it's welded or soldered (looks soldered, data sheet says silver). It looks like it's not supposed to get hot though. From everything I can tell based on other manufactures and their spec sheet is it's just a ceramic support with a heavy gauge resistive element wound around it, like seen here https://www.tempco.com/Products/Ele...tridge-Heaters/In-Line-Forced-Air-Heaters.htm. I think the biggest issue would be that a low enough air flow would tend to be laminar instead of turbulent and lead to an uneven heating unless the tube is long enough. Also if it isn't constantly being fed, would it overheat or is the TC close enough to shut off power during idle. This is definitely overkill though, but you could theoretically make a vape that no one would ever be able to overpower, but control and bowl design would be more challenging. It also probably wouldn't be small . . .

iScrtAznMan,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
This is definitely overkill though, but you could theoretically make a vape that no one would ever be able to overpower, but control and bowl design would be more challenging. It also probably wouldn't be small . . .

I wouldn't say it's overkill or would have to be large, the smallest unit they offer is about the size of the Extreme Q ceramic heater. The medium size one is about the size of the Extreme Q heater with glass body also.

Also it seems to not have TC and you have to add a TC system to it.

scy123,
Top Bottom