Infusing coconut oil directly in rice cooker

fear83

Hi,

my induction rice cooker has a slow cook mode that heats up to 97C(206F) and then stays at 87C(188F) for 3 hours. Can I just put the coconut oil and avb directly into the pot of the rice cooker or do I need to use a double boiler/glass jar in water scenario?
Grateful for any advice.

fear83,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Yes, your holding temperature is where you want to be for infusion . I use a Sous Vide and I decarboxylate at 190 for an hour , and I then simmer at 180 for 3 hours. You should be fine doing what you're doing :tup:.

sickmanfraud

Yes, your holding temperature is where you want to be for infusion . I use a Sous Vide and I decarboxylate at 190 for an hour , and I then simmer at 180 for 3 hours. You should be fine doing what you're doing :tup:.

Have you ever compared an oven decarb of 240F for 40 minutes versus Sous Vide?

I use a sous vide for cooking various protein sources to provide moist food with minimal fats. What I don't understand is, what happens to the moisture that comes out of the cannabis inside the sealed bag?

I almost always have some moisture in the top of my Ardent so I don't understand how a sous vide decarb would work with the moisture from the decarb stuck in the bag.

I had recently thought of using sous vide to gently reduce my ethanol tinctures but I haven't had time to play.

For informational purposes, I have been a medical user for over 10 years and make between 1 and 4 tincture projects monthly.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Have you ever compared an oven decarb of 240F for 40 minutes versus Sous Vide?

I use a sous vide for cooking various protein sources to provide moist food with minimal fats. What I don't understand is, what happens to the moisture that comes out of the cannabis inside the sealed bag?

I almost always have some moisture in the top of my Ardent so I don't understand how a sous vide decarb would work with the moisture from the decarb stuck in the bag.

I had recently thought of using sous vide to gently reduce my ethanol tinctures but I haven't had time to play.

For informational purposes, I have been a medical user for over 10 years and make between 1 and 4 tincture projects monthly.
The moisture is minimal in the bag, I quit using them . I use MCT for my tinctures, and to decarb I mix my oil and dried herb in a mason jar ( you can use fresh plants for high THCA or CBDA oils ). You decarb and infuse in the same mason jar. I prefer the Sous Vide for the temperature control . With the conventional oven your temperature can vary due to certain variables every time you bake . The Sous-vide is exact in temperature and timing. For my Canabutter I use a blend of drawn butter and raw coconut oil . And you can find an one for cheap staring at $45 . For tips,
here's a link https://www.reddit.com/r/SousWeed/comments/ubxfqy You'll see people have their own special way for using the Sous Vide . For informational purposes my background is in the culinary world, I've been using weed for over 55 years.
I make edibles and tinctures for old folks :tup:, who aren't familiar with using edibles ;):D.
I never used the Ardent so I can't comment :suspicious:.

Top Bottom