Incredible or surprising musical talent

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I was looking for a music thread to put this in and I couldn't pick one that made sense so here we go...

There is a young woman named Angelina Jordan who is something of a music prodigy who even though she has been around about 10 years I only learned about recently. She has an absolutely incredible singing voice that showed up when she was very young. She is only 17 now. She won "Norway's Got Talent" at 6 years old. She has been singing in public ever since then, and you will be blown away by her ability and singing skill. The emotion she is able to express in her songs is stunning and difficult to understand, but incredibly easy to appreciate. She was able to sing songs that she was clearly too young to understand but was able to express them in ways that clearly suggested she could. Maybe it was a mimicking ability, and maybe she is just an angel sent to earth on a mission of joy and love. I have no idea, but I am transfixed.

I will give you a couple links to follow which will lead you to others, but if you are anything like me you may find you are following them all day long.

The first is a wonderfully done video of a song Elvis made popular to show you what she is capable of. This was done like 10 months ago when she was around 16.
The second is my favorite Adele song, the won she just won a Grammy for. It is not easy to do a song like this, but I am not sure I don't like her shot at it better than Adele's, and I LOVE Adele's.

Now go back and find her at about 10 years old singing Nina Simone.

And she sings Elton John and Freddy Mercury and just about anyone she wants including some of the best jazz singers of all time.

Just stunning. Never heard anything like her...

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Ok, I'll play...;):

Maybe not my fav current genre, but it's good to check in from time to time to see what the kiddos are up to...if only under the tutelage of a bonafide "GAWD":rockon::

Polyphia - Ego Death feat. Steve Vai (Official Music Video)

Tim Henson - Playing God (Unplugged)

:bowdown:

strech

Tim Henson is an amazing guitarist. Been following him for a couple of years now. He keeps growing and forming a unique sound.

I'll add Alien Weaponry. When they hit the scene back a few years ago they lit it up. Bringing tribal groove metal back into the spotlight. With a sound not so unfamiliar just not used since the rise of Sepultura. What Max and Igor started on in the 80's was embraced and shot with full adrenaline dose of grove.

strech,
Reactions: Bad Dog

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
?????? what is this thread?? and what are these weird posts?? don't mean the music is weird, sounds interesting but I have no idea what these strange links are??? @cybrguy

Bad Dog,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
All the posts have links to videos on youtube. I'm not sure what other links you might be referring to.

cybrguy,

Bad Dog

All the posts have links to videos on youtube. I'm not sure what other links you might be referring to.
my mistake, must have been too much edibles.......... nothing else makes sense other then entering the matrix and I don't own a full length leather jacket so I'm definitely not Neo ;). could have sworn there was only the one YouTube link to Angelina Jordan on your first post, it was wonderful . the rest I must have imagined ........ I'll be back to see the rest of the thread, but I'll ad this for now
I think she's very talented, the first song is an original and the second an Elton John song. she has a amazing natural talent I find mesmerizing

Bad Dog,

Bad Dog

🤬’ing 💩! The stuff in this thread is incredible! But I’m having the experience of reading a great short story cause the posts here are limited, got to restrain myself cause I don’t want to reach the end and it be over. So I’m both happy I found it and pissed there’s not enough to make a glutton of myself and have a ton of something fantastic.

so I’ll post this as my way of making the thread longer for anyone else who’s lucky enough to stumble across it. These are old performances Of even older songs though they are actually instrumental

this one is wonderful to listen to and watching the woman playing the piano is incredible, watching her movements while playing is seeing this tremendous explosion of emotion and release is a stunning visual of what music can do to you, making you feel.

and this one is also really good, featuring violin 🎻 and listening to the sound is like listening to someone telling a story

someone on another forum tipped me off to these and are amazing, their choices that they were kind enough to show me blew me away and so did the person who suggested them. Freaking incredible

Bad Dog,
Reactions: Shrike

SixStringToker

Naked member
One of my favorite guitarists-that-nobody-has-heard-of is Drew Taubenfeld. He hosts a Youtube show for (pimping) Orangewood Guitars called "The Duet Show" where he sits down with some of his own favorite musicians to chat and jam. Pick any episode and you'll get a winner!

Last edited:
SixStringToker,

Bad Dog

At the end of the thread, which sucks. But dam you all posted some incredible stuff!

nothing to do but leave a post and come back to the thread later when some stuff piles up a bit

songs are wonderful and can move you. Sometimes it’s nice to hear some of the artists reasoning for doing music and how they connect to it
seen many stories over the years, things like people with Tourette’s syndrome only being able to stop twitching by playing the drums. Music for me is as strong as a medicine as strong as weed, even stronger really. You can never overdose on music and if you like what you’re hearing, it never stops making you feel better, no drugs can make the same claim

Bad Dog,

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Have any of you heard of young YouPube prodigy/shredder/phenom, Tina S.? This video alone has 44 million views (she has 204+ mil total) in the last 6 years.... here she is at 12yo:

Ludwig van Beethoven - Moonlight Sonata ( 3rd Movement ) Tina S Cover

The Return Of Tina S! (She's Back!?)
(Pretty interesting story/bio...:peace:)

Last edited:

strech

Here is Mike Patton of Faith no more fame. Doing something most who are fans of his Rock/metal stuff can be very surprised by. He is one of the top singers with a 6 octave range and depth not seen by many singers of this day and age.

Just to show his depth he went from singing old Italian pop song shown above to releasing this album with deadcross.

strech,

Bad Dog

saw your post @Bologna and couldn't help but post this, more classical but not on a traditional instrument, something very dear to my heart being a country boy

and this rock song but with a country twist

and this guy is a favourite of mine I discovered years back, this stuff is heart breaking from a hard life and its obvious. this one is his most heartbreaking to me at least but so beautiful as well

this is my favourite one of his, its a cover but he has many original songs but this one is fantastic

Bad Dog,

strech

I'll toss these 2 amazing guitarist in the mix.

First up is Marcin to fit the classical covers of some of the other videos in this thread.

Next up Melanie Faye. Has a sound well beyond her years.

strech,

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
One of my favorite band discoveries in recent years was the Ukranian metal band Jinjer. Their lead singer, Tatiana Shmayluk, has an amazing voice and vocal talent.

I was really impressed with the first song I heard from them:

And this one shows her incredible range:

Oh, and here's another of theirs that I originally loved when I discovered it:

Ramahs,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
One of my favorite band discoveries in recent years was the Ukranian metal band Jinjer. Their lead singer, Tatiana Shmayluk, has an amazing voice and vocal talent.

I was really impressed with the first song I heard from them:

And this one shows her incredible range:

Oh, and here's another of theirs that I originally loved when I discovered it:
Can there ever be mention of Wacken Festival without Witchtaint??

They showed up, kicked everyone's ass and stole the show.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I was impressed with REN's rise as well. This young guy has a lot of talent.

Ramahs,
Top Bottom