in the kitchen with herbgirl - ABV peanut butter cannabuckeyes

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Inspired by caseball's earlier recipe for peanut butter cups, here are my ABV peanut butter cannabuckeyes especially for 4/20!

Buckeyes usually consist of a ball of sweetened peanut butter filling with the bottom half only dipped in chocolate using a toothpick. It is the easiest way to dip candy and Mr. Herbgirl thinks they look like boobs because of the toothpick hole in the top. nice, because, like candy and ABV, boobs are AWESOME. anyway...
This is best acting edible i have ever made but i was too busy to take pix this time - as I am now in the process of starting my own custom occasion cake business (my bipolar working for ME!), in addition to managing a family and admin-ing the other family business. YIKES! But I just had to take the time to share this with you fine FC folks because these are - by leaps and bounds - the best tasting ABV edibles I have made. :bowdown:

:mmm: HERBGIRL'S ABV PEANUTBUTTER CANNABUCKEYES :mmm:

I won't do the usual full hardware/software rundown thing, i'm sure you can figure out when you need a bowl or a spoon (hehe i said bowl), but i will mention other stuff.

Hardware

Cookie sheet
Aluminum foil
Cooking spray
Double boiler setup
Kitchen scale (not needed but helpful for getting accurate dosing)
Measuring devices

Software
~ 1 Cup of semi sweet chocolate chips - i would have used decent chocolate if i had some but all i had was some generic semisweet - they were a little stiff to work with, but they did the trick and i didn't bother to temper it.
1 Cup natural peanut butter - the type you have to refrigerate and stir i used organic crunchy - the crunchy seems to cover up the slight grittyness from the ABV.
1/2 C Powdered Sugar
1/2 t salt of your choice. I used sel gris sea salt, but kosher or iodized will work too
24 grams finely powdered ABV
2T Butter melted, i used salted because that was all I had thawed. i only used butter when i realized that the previous ingredients just didn't have the liquid required to form properly. Butter seemed to fit this bill, but it isn't strictly needed unless the mix is too dry. It worked like a charm.
you could also add some (1/2 t) vanilla extract - i think i did either that or i left the bottle on the counter after the banana walnut muffins. couldn't hurt as vanilla tends to make flavors POP!

OK, so this is my easiest recipe yet - not baking so not SO exact - ready?

gently melt chocolate in double boiler and keep it at a low temperature.

mix all the remaining ingredients together and stir (or just get your hands in there!) to combine thoroughly into a rollable consistency.
roll in balls, freeze till firm (a few minutes? long enough to share a few Zephyr bags lol) on aluminum foil covered, cooking spray prepared pans.
remove from the freezer and reshape balls if needed.
put a toothpick into one of the balls to pick it up then gently dip and swirl into and out of the chocolate, coating about 2/3 of the bottom of the ball, leaving the top bare with just a little hole in the middle. repeat for however many you have/want. I wanted each candy to be 1 gram of ABV, so each Peanut Butter ball was weighed out to 17 grams at rolling due to some math that is still fuzzy to me. I ended up with 24 candies.

replace on prepared foil and freeze until firm.

they will look like this crappy picture when they are done. see the nipple (buttery nipple lol)? boobs indeed :)

0420011808.jpg

package and enjoy!

I'm not sure if these need to be kept cold, but because of the butter, I'm going to err on the side of caution and say keep them fridged or freezered. If you find the dough to be too tight or dry or loose you could use butter or more powdered sugar to correct that.

I made it so three is the perfect dose for me. It hits pretty quickly and has a strong sedative effect. These will be good for those days where *i just can't slow down* bipolar brakes, if you will. :buzz:

:whoa: HAPPY 420 FC! :whoa:

herbgirl,

Spacenstein

These look really yummy! :p Another great recipe, herbgirl, I'll have to try this one for sure!

Happy 420!
Space

Spacenstein,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Oh man!! Drooling here and this is NOT helping my diet but...thanks!! They look divine!! Next time I go to cheat...I might have to make these lol.

Lo,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
So lo & mom, should i rock out with one of my multi fruit/grain/fiber breakfast muffins? I'll have to figure out how to get the magic into something healthy one of these days.....
if i ate crap like this every day i'd be as big as a house. Now I can afford the extra calories with all the spring planting i've been doing.

herbgirl,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Lol! Yes please :p

I've just been drooling over your recipes since I'm watching calories and fat intake. Some healthy muffins I might just have to cave and make some. Been sticking with tinctures and candies but I'm ready to stray ;)

Lo,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I have had absolutely no willpower whatsoever and have to get with the program before cottage season starts! So, yes please. And if it could have 0 calories, that would be even better! :lol:

Seriously, it would be nice to have something that was "healthy" and could act as a protein or meal. There's a bakery near me that makes a breakfast muffin that has omelet overtones. They also have a more savory muffin that has spinach/herb mix. I've been eyeing those and wondering how to incorporate abv and still have them be edible, flavor-wise.

momofthegoons,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
yes, mom, that taste certainly would be a challenge to hide in say a white flour bakery style blueberry struesel topped muffin. I'm thinking the natural denseness and nuttiness of a whole wheat type flour might allow more flavor masking.
Why not? l put (read - hide) fruit or veggie purees into foods to get some surreptitious nutrition into the kids. :ninja: I've gotten good at hiding flavors from myself too - i really do not like most veggies, so purees are the way to go lol.

I have a blueberry wholewheat/buckwheat muffin recipe that may fit that bill with some modification, I would think using a combo of ABV cannabutter and some ABV flour would allow for a nice potency too. Maybe if i create a whole grain banana nut bread type muffin it would further disguise the flavor because of the nuttiness. hmmmmm so many recipes that I want to make!

herbgirl,

wthanna

Just a thought, but "high fiber" products carry fat out of your system, and has me thinking you will lose much precious THC (bound to the fat) with the fat by making high fiber recipes. :|

wthanna,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
Just made these again with white chocolate candy coating and sprinkled some chopped salted peanuts on top. Bon appetite! really need to get on that healthy recipe stuff...... or just say fuck it and make some canna banana bread :-)

herbgirl,
Top Bottom