In depth discussion about dry herb vaping, health, and risks

Robert-in-YEG

In a few of the discussions there are posts about the risks related to vaping, and the risks. Is vaping safter than smoking? Does conduction have greater risks than convection? Is it safe to vape every day? The list goes on and the questions are near unlimited.

Let's discuss this in a single spot and do a deep dive.

To keep things manageable, let's restrict this to dry herb vaping, flower only, no concentrates.

Robert-in-YEG

a008e8924deeff7c889718f4b4770b3a.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,

Farid

Is vaping safter than smoking?

This seems a pretty cut and dry "yes". Can't imagine what the counter evidence would be.

Does conduction have greater risks than convection?

This on the other hand is more debatable.

There are so many factors at play, but I'd wager that convection with a short airpath is the most risky, due to hot air contact with your throat. There were studies on Yerba Mate that indicated increased risks of throat cancer from drinking the boiling mate through a metal straw. Though that's probably hotter than even the hottest vapor.

andrew`124c41+

In a few of the discussions there are posts about the risks related to vaping, and the risks. Is vaping safter than smoking? Does conduction have greater risks than convection? Is it safe to vape every day? The list goes on and the questions are near unlimited.

Let's discuss this in a single spot and do a deep dive.

To keep things manageable, let's restrict this to dry herb vaping, flower only, no concentrates.

Robert-in-YEG

View attachment 15628
A little perspective. Many years ago I get into a conversation with my mother about certain foods and health. She says, I am in my 70s, what difference does it make, how long am I going to live....

So, personally, at my age, I am not going to get too bent out shape about it.

That said, in 1969, I smoked my last j, largely because I never smoked and don't like to smoke.

I don't know how much impact on health vaporizer parts may be...time will tell.

My gut tells me that vaping is most my likely safer than smoking for reasons stated in the article you posted.

However, I don't believe there is ever a free ride.

Did you cough the first time you smoked or vaped? Probably.

Our bodies are uniquely designed. If you cough, your body is telling you something. I already have some reflux which can cause changes in the throat endothelia which can lead to cancer.

Are there some people who may be suspectable to the development of throat or other respiratory cancer as a result of vaping. I really do not know. Time will tell.

I think it would be prudant to have your throat looked at every once in awhile
..maybe get a chest x-ray. How often? Currently there are no guidelines for anything related to Cannabis vaping. I suspect, over time this will become more clear.

The etiology of carcinogenesis is still speculation. But, while unproven, I would do anything possible to strengthen my immune system with vitamins and supplements. The idea being to try and prevent free radical damage caused by potential toxins.

Toxins! It's just weed! The way some of the medical stuff smells, one wonders how pure it really is.

I am not up on my state's requirements for purity. But, just how bad could it be? Pesticides? Heavy metals? Sewage...just for kicks! :-)

Everything has risks. Hopefully, vaping decreases that risk making it preferable to smoking.

By the way, in my TM vaporizer, I have it set at 3.5 and my Xmax V3 Pro at 350 F. I get hardly any visible vapor... thought being use the lowest temp that does the trick.

Last edited:
andrew`124c41+,
Top Bottom