I'm making alcohol tincture, what's the best way to consume it ?

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I've got small jars full of washed AVB mixed with 95% food grade alcohol. The herbs sit in the alcohol for about two weeks.

I didn't filtered it yet, I may let it sit a for a couple weeks or more. I tried to mix 1 gram of the alcohol above the herbs with 1 gram of glycerin and put it in some orange juice. I felt a little something but I didn't change my high that much. Maybe I need to shake it first, THC may have been stuck in the bottom, maybe I simply need to put more stuff, or ....

Any advice on how to ingest that the most efficient way ? I was thinking mixing the alcohol with glycerin would improve the absorption. I've also got coconut oil for the next extraction

Roger D,

Bouldorado

Tincture made with AVB may not be that potent, keeping in mind that the initial vaporization removed most of the actives. Mixing the tincture with something else should only slow the absorption, so that won't make it stronger or hit faster. My suggest is to reduce your tincture; place it on a double boiler until a noticeable quantity has evaporated (I'd shoot for at least a 30% reduction in volume).

As for consumption, 95% ethanol is pretty gnarly; so you don't want to drink it straight, even in small quantities. Your best bet is to mix it into something- soda, juice, etc- and to have stronger tincture, so you need less of it. Also if you're not already doing it, I suggest shaking or stirring the jars daily.

Bouldorado,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Thanks for the answer, I was asking myself if I was doing anything wrong, it seems ok finally.
I doubled the dose yesterday with some juice, yea, I wouldn't try 95% straight :ko:
I felt a weird exiting high, definitely something here. Alcohol-glycerin delivery is really not the same as fat delivery, I'm gonna try to reduce and mix with coconut oil, and without glycerin also

Roger D,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Can someone suggest a good amount of ABV and a good amount of 151 (all Ive got) to try a SINGLE SERVING tincture? I want to figure out a good ratio for myself. I don't want to overdo or underdo it by too much. I have plenty of abv, but my goal is to create just enough for one TRIAL use before I adjust and try again. I need to find the good ratio before I convert all of my ABV to tincture.

Thanks!

darkrom,
Reactions: Tweek

caseball2051

darkrom

i aws coming on here to find a single serving alcohol recipe also. funny, im also using 151.

i was thinking about doing a trial run tomorrow.

was gonna just soak a bunch of ABV in a water bottle overnight and shake it every few hours thruoghout the day today. then ill let it evap for a few hrs overnight

caseball2051,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
That's not in all in your head. Plastics leaks chemicals, and alcohol is a strong solvant. Depending on the type of plastic it can be safe or not.

Now I consume my tincture that way :
I take 2 grams of the infused 95% alcohol with a syringe and a small piece of cotton to filter plant matter. So I just take what I need and the rest is left sitting in the solvent.
I pour the tincture in some fresh beer with frozen mango slices. The taste is great and I get a strong good night buzz.
AVB tinctures are really high in CBD :zzz:

Roger D,

darkrom

Great Scott!
What do you mean 2 grams of the infused alcohol? Are you saying 2 grams of ABV, or the weight of the tincture is 2 grams?

I'm still trying to decide how much ABV is the right amount to turn into tincture for a single test use. I know how much alcohol to add once the ABV is in the jar, I'm just scared of under or over doing the ABV.

darkrom,

caseball2051

dark, i didnt end up doing this today. i had planned to use the same amount of ABV as a firecracker recipe with just enough alcohol to cover the material

GOATPUSSY

I used to make micro amounts of tincture... maybe 1oz. with everclear 190 and abv. Don't have exact amounts but I would take two glass used and washed spice jars and a metal mesh strainer. I would fill one jar with abv than cover with everclear than basically the same way everybody does it... Shake, strain, evaporate. I would than put it in an amber bottle and take one pipette worth in some juice or ginger ale. That would be my test.

Kinda hard to mess up as if its weak, let it evaporate more. I never had a too strong batch but would probably just dilute with more everclear or just use less.

Good luck!

GOATPUSSY,
Reactions: Roger D

fake name

Best way to consume alcohol tincture if you don't mind a little burn is sublingualy, under the tongue. It effects you immediately, much faster than vape/smoking, which allows you to dose without worry of overdosing. The best way to do this method is with a spirtz/mister type spray bottle. The spray breaks it into a fine mist perfect to be absorbed under your tongue.

Top Bottom