• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Idea for the ultimate vaporizer and a complete end to combustion.

shervin2

The Two-Click Bowlshevik & Sticksimus Briximus
Let's make this a growing bed for what I believe will be the ultimate device to extract the medicinal substances of the cannabis plant.

This is a place to share ideas, let me start.

What we're all after is a device that extracts rosin from bud and then acts like a traditional vaporizer, to deliver the honey to your lungs.

We are now going into the era of rosin extraction at home, which is a new way (And the best really) of processing cannabis bud into human consumption.

Now all it will take is for someone to "micronize" the rosin press into a device that fits on a desktop, then eventually into our pockets. If there is a manufacturer reading this, your best spent money on research is how to get a rosin press into a small form, and eventually combining that with a traditional vaping delivery system.

This is the killer app for the ENTIRE vaping industry, and probably why we've gathered here on this forum, we are looking for perfection in a world where everything is scattered.

Last edited:

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I know you rosin lovers folk pretend everything is in the trichomes, but I still think there is stuff inside the flowers that is desirable for taste (i.e. I don't find concentrates do taste the same as flowers)

Also even if taste was exactly the same, using concentrates yields a shorter session, as well... the actives are concentrated right? It's not an issue for most North Americans who tend on average to enjoy killing their bowls in very few rips, but it's not something I like for instance. I love the taste and I want my session to last 10 to 15 minutes, like my joints did back then.

When I combusted I also found that the American way of consuming the herb in glassware was not satisfying to me, with sessions that were super short and constantly having to light the bowl as it extinguished itself (unless you killed it fast in a few rips that is) I much preferred the European way of rolling joints, yes that's awful with tobacco mixed in, but at least you could pass them around, they lasted a long time and you didn't have to constantly re-light them on.

So different strokes, all of that to say that your proposal wouldn't probably be ultimate for everyone.

Trypsy Summers

Idea for the ultimate vaporizer; My version would be similar to the Crafty in size but with a double oven like the Haze and the battery life of the Mighty. The controls could be simillar to the Mighty but also incorporate Bluetooth, it would have a haptic function and be able to include a water attachment if desired.

Pure Peace:leaf:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
There is no one best way to consume cannabis. We all have different preferences and end goals.

That being said I would absolutely be all over a small sized desktop rosin press that didn’t require bags and provided consistent results (and didn’t cost an arm and a leg!).

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Let's make this a growing bed for what I believe will be the ultimate device to extract the medicinal substances of the cannabis plant.

This is a place to share ideas, let me start.

What we're all after is a device that extracts rosin from bud and then acts like a traditional vaporizer, to deliver the honey to your lungs.

We are now going into the era of rosin extraction at home, which is a new way (And the best really) of processing cannabis bud into human consumption.

Now all it will take is for someone to "micronize" the rosin press into a device that fits on a desktop, then eventually into our pockets. If there is a manufacturer reading this, your best spent money on research is how to get a rosin press into a small form, and eventually combining that with a traditional vaping delivery system.

This is the killer app for the ENTIRE vaping industry, and probably why we've gathered here on this forum, we are looking for perfection in a world where everything is scattered.
I'm not looking for perfection. I'm pleased with the various ways there are to consume rosin. I don't think perfection is important. I would like to get a rosin press, but my current method works for now. I'm on this forum to learn from and enjoy other vapers, and see what creative people have made as there are many fine craftsmen and artisans as well as people that mod for fun. Perfection isn't required, and I'm glad for that. There are many ways to enjoy bud and rosin, and I want to enjoy as many different ways as I can.
I would be very interested to see what perfection looks like when you get around to building it. You might change my mind.

shervin2

I'm after perfection, just to do justice to the herb, and I think more are like me on this forum as well. We're a good base for idea sharing as we're a community of enthusiasts, and I think that eventually someone will come up with lets say, the iPhone of vapes, no nonsense, idiot proof device.

I've been using the sticky brick and have been enjoying it, but the learning curve to master this thing is too high for the amount of people it'll draw in, it needs to be simpler is all I really think about.

Let's get everyone's creativity going, especially if anyone reading this has any input, I'd love to get a good discussion on this topic.

shervin2,

shervin2

Isn’t Pax the iPhone of vapes? ;)

It is very easy to use, but it relies on something that can eventually scorch the herb. The thing with rosin is that it's got a pleasant flavor and almost zero chance to burn.

It's much more, in my opinion, likely that a device that turns dry herb into rosin, and then allows you to inhale to be vastly superior than anything else, for garnering fame to the "health" crowd. There are still pollutants with vapes although nowhere near smoking. Rosin is just a much more palatable product and provides nearly the same experience to the user, in my opinion.

shervin2,

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Sounds like you are looking for perfection of YOUR preferences.

Not a good idea to assume that everyone else's idea of a perfect vaping experience is the same as yours.
Different people have different priorities and different tastes.
Excellent points @Ramahs .
I think cannabis is already pretty perfect. Each person's individual preference is different, so there won't be a one size fits all best or perfect vape. I'd love to hear what perfection is supposed to look like, beyond a daydream fantasy.
Not everyone prefers rosin.

Last edited:

lazylathe

Almost there...
You want to stuff a bud in and out comes rosin vapor, and somewhere in the middle, magic happens. Is that about right?

Seems like it! Kind of an odd idea, possibly Highdea?

Firstly there is NO WAY to put a 10 tonne press/vape combo in your pocket, ever...
It is not feasible to press rosin without a lot of pressure and very controlled, evenly heated plattens.

The best option for now is to buy an ENail plus rig or the @maxvapor710 desktop, so many options these days!
And a small press like the NugSmasher or the @NewVape710 super sexy small form factor press.

I do not foresee rosin pressing to be miniaturized anymore by any huge degree any time soon.
Science prevents it.

shervin2

You want to stuff a bud in and out comes rosin vapor, and somewhere in the middle, magic happens. Is that about right?

Bingo, that's what I think the masses out there are waiting for, until something better comes along.

I think as technology advances we can possibly get a micro rosin press, and then the work would begin to incorporate it into a unit for people to just pop flower in and out comes delicious buttery rosin vapor.

I think the rosin press as akin to "cold pressing" cannabis with the thc for psychoactive use. We don't want to denature it, we want to keep the flavor and the smoothess of the vaporization.

Last edited:
shervin2,

shervin2

It should also include a mini pocket sized Star Trek food replicator so once your magic rosin vape gets you nice and Stoney, you can make munchies appear out of thin air as well! Let’s do it guys! Technology!

This discussion will be going on for however long that goes onto be! Get a comfy chair :)

@shervin2 I'd go for the portable version of that :science:

It's doable today, it's just going to look like a 3d printer with a tube attatched to it. We need to harness the minds to deliver such a "pocket sized" device, muhahahahaahaha.

Is it me or is this stuff im vaping on too strong?

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
So... It would need a chamber to heat and press the bud, which squeezes the rosin out into an adjoining vaporising chamber which then delivers the goods?

TheThriftDrifter,

shervin2

So... It would need a chamber to heat and press the bud, which squeezes the rosin out into an adjoining vaporising chamber which then delivers the goods?

Yea, something to catch the pressed rosin, and deliver it into a vacuum to the user. It would actually need to be somewhat mechanical and, looking at the technology right now, quite cumbersome and difficult to clean/maintain.

I'm sure someone out there has experience in making some sort of vacuum cylinder, that acts like a piston, forcing down on the bud, pressing out the rosin, then on the stroke up, evacuating the vapor, kind of like a combustion engine, but slower, and much more precise. But again, essentially an oven that sits inside a vacuum that has a press...

We take this simple premise and scale it down into a portable desktop unit. What say ya lads, we do some true mechanical justice to this herb?

shervin2,

TheThriftDrifter

Land of the long vapor cloud
Does the rosin need to be cooked/vaporized in a separate chamber from the pressed nug? Otherwise wouldn't it just be vaporizing the herb like any other vape?

TheThriftDrifter,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

shervin2

Does the rosin need to be cooked/vaporized in a separate chamber from the pressed nug? Otherwise wouldn't it just be vaporizing the herb like any other vape?

I'll draw up a rendering tomorrow. It's all done in one go... Think of a single cylinder car engine, except you load the bud into the Piston, and away it goes. Piston closes and traps the bud from the bottom of the piston head, engages rosin extraction (heat+pressure), then the piston strokes upwards and a vacuum engages to take the sizzling rosin upward into your lungs.

It's a very simple process that kinda would look like a magic bullet with a hose if scaled down to desktop size. But the key here is the timing of the operation and the seal+exhaust of the rosin vapor. There's more elements to it but if we get a basic prototype going we can make it better from there.

Also hoping someone as big as S&B could look into this as they have the r&d capability to do such a device and make it a polished product.

Last edited:

shervin2

https://ibb.co/5GCnCMm
https://ibb.co/9bN2GLK

Drew a quick mockup of my idea on the inside of the device.

The second stroke to clear the pressed flower and engage a vacuum to bring the rosin to the user I have not figured out yet.

I'm thinking some arm or metal spatula automatically clears the leftovers, and dumps them into a disposal compartment under the device.

[hot rollers]

That would be a much simpler device, a piston at this point seems overkill, unless people like steampunk.

Last edited:

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker
For inspiration, check out portable espresso devices like the Handpresso and others. There is a high-end portable espresso maker which uses a bicycle pump to reach pressure! The coffee industry is decades ahead of us. Before those were invented, we all thought it was impossible to make espresso with a small, handheld device - I wouldn't be so fast to dismiss "out there" ideas.

Top Bottom