I wish birds were very large so we could saddle and ride them

2 Cycle

Of all the animals in our world that I want to be much larger than they already are would be birds. If there were tons of them and large, we could use them to fly around. Forget about cars, flying around ftw. It just kind of stinks they are the size they are but I am not hating just saying. Are there any animals you wish were much larger or smaller than they are?

paytonpenn

Level 30 Nature/Healer
You can ride some birds but conveniently they are the flightless kind. Such an interesting thing.

I would like animals to be easier to tame, it would make their sizes easier to deal with.

It would be nice to be able to mount homes on some sea creatures and turtles.

Last edited:

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I already really love eating small chickens, and I'm intrigued by the idea of giant chickens.. Bigger chickens = bigger BBQ's! :D My next 2 wises would obviously be bigger weed plants and bigger beers :spliff:
There are 3 wishes right? ;)

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
We have an umbrella cockatoo at our house, and I can tell you, I'm glad she's not any bigger than she is. It can be a very intimidating experience the first time she climbs up on your shoulder. Parrots as large as her can inflict serious injury if they are so inclined. Thankfully, ours is very lovable most of the time.

I do wish she wasn't as loud as she is though... (And so do my neighbors, I'm sure... :lol:)

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
I'd want to be smaller, to fit on a normal sized pet bird I think. A big bird is an easy target.

Edit: The thought of 8ft velociraptor type chicken scares me. I have read about people messing with the temps during the embryo development and making bigger chickens with teeth and shit.

"Chickens have in their DNA a bunch of dormant genes for more dinosaur-esque features, including teeth, hands and tails. Most of those features actually appear while chickens are developing as embryos, only to disappear before they hatch."

What could go wrong?

Last edited:

lwien

We have an umbrella cockatoo at our house, and I can tell you, I'm glad she's not any bigger than she is. It can be a very intimidating experience the first time she climbs up on your shoulder. Parrots as large as her can inflict serious injury if they are so inclined. Thankfully, ours is very lovable most of the time.

Good point. If birds were as large or larger than humans and KNEW that they were that large, we'd be in some serious danger.

SD_haze

Yikes!

Quetz-giraffe-110706.JPG

ChooChooCharlie

Don't care for over-sized birds.
But would like larger sized ear worms.
Just big enough to grab from your ear and slowly pull out until you can bite it with your teeth.
Munch it down as it plays -- chorus, bridge, chorus, repeat, repeat, repeat, then shit it out.
I'm looking at you, 1910 Fruitgum Company. Yummy, yummy, yummy.

ChooChooCharlie,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Giraffe beating down a giant bird?

Hahaha no.

I think the giraffe would wreck it, birds have fragile/hollow bones ;)

Giraffe's are quite strong creatures, those necks smacks would severely injure the giant bird, I don't know for sure.

I think a giant sugarglider would also win in a royal rumble of the three, as he could just climb the trees and escape away.

Was trying to find a picture of a giant sugar glider......no luck. But I did find this, and I would also enjoy riding it around

is

If it was a bit bigger, some of them look bigger. A "Diprotodon"

is

Learn new stuff everyday lol

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: 2 Cycle

2 Cycle

One kick from that giraffe and that bird would fly on back to whatever hell hole it came from. Sure it has a sharp beak but giraffe would dodge that with ease

2 Cycle,

BeardedCrow

I have my money on the bird.
I'm assuming most flight animals have incredible grip power, not to mention the massive stabbing beak.
Birds are also mentally more savage and brutal.

I think the giraffe only chance would be some lucky kick while the bird was on the ground.

What's it going to do, head butt the bird? Ever seen how awkward giraffe fight each other? Takes forever and the miss constantly.

This bird would wreck the giraffe.

BeardedCrow,
Reactions: Derrrpp
Top Bottom