I have decided to get the Mighty but still have some questions (battery replacement, vape pathway)

Buds Aldrin

Wow these mixed responses have made me even more hesitant to buy the Mighty. From the posts, most people are pretty happy with their Mighty, but things like the heating time (I am impatient by nature and pretty obsessed with time efficiency) and the irreplaceable battery (I am quite a heavy user so would need to replace it at some stage) are making me reconsider. But I guess I can take comfort from the fact that if I do end up settling on the mighty, I am getting a decent vaporizer that I will be happy with despite said drawbacks.

Every time I post about my quest to find the right new vape, a few people mention some new somewhat obscure vape that I then spend a while researching. Now I am looking into the Ghost MV1 and the Stempod. I even started to reconsider the Firefly 2 plus. Being familiar with the FF2 all these years, there would be no learning curve. My biggest drawbacks with the FF2 are the lack of consistent big vapor clouds (seems to be strain dependent) and related to that, the draw resistance. Second to those is also the airflow holes in the bottom of the bowl seem to get clogged over time. To that measure, does anyone know if the airflow needle available for the FF2 + will fit in the FF2 holes? It was my intention to swap bongs with vapes but the FF2 has not allowed me to do that. It almost seems like a chore to have to charge it up, pack it and then hope that you get decent clouds, while having to strain your throat. If the FF2 plus is not significantly better in the areas I mentioned above, then I won't go there. I will wait for the FF3, but I haven't heard boo about when that will be coming out. I would love some honest feedback from anyone who has bought the FF2 plus that has also owned the FF2. I read some reviews and I am getting mixed reports about the draw resistance. Some, including Firefly themselves, claim that it is drastically improved, whereas others are saying if you already have the FF2, the improvements in the model do not really make it worth upgrading when factoring in the cost. And another reviewer, saying that you have to kind of master the draw technique to get the intended performance out of it, his exact words were "super tricky" until you get the hang of it (I think that he also said the Ghost was like that too), which is exactly how the FF2 is also, and is one of its aspects I don't like. I want something that is very user friendly to the point where a friend can come over and use it and get the optimum vape performance right off the bat. I have tried a volcano in Amsterdam way back when, and liked the vapor quality. My only other experience with a vape, apart from the FF2, is a friend's Arizer Solo, and the vapor quality left a bit to be desired. Kind of gave every herb a minty taste and taste the same, and you lost the subtle flavor nuances of each strain. I will send Tiny Might an email about my order as I haven't actually asked them about why it never went through. If I don't hear back I will move on and get something else. Like I said, it has been about 4 or 5 weeks since I ordered, they did not take the money from my Visa CC and it is now past the point where they can't, even if they tried, and the order is still saying pending.

The vape criteria I am looking for in summary: Thick vapor clouds, minimal draw resistance; portable; great tasting vapor that retains a good resemblance to what it would taste like if smoked (that is very important, I want to be able distinguish strain from strain very easily, and detect the subtle flavor nuances and terpene profiles of each strain); as close to like a bong as possible in usage, operation and also in regards to time taken to start producing vapor (as instant as possible); ideally easily replaceable and readily obtainable batteries that last a long time not only in terms of charging but also in lifespan; durable so that I won't have to replace it for many years; something that I will look forward to smoking just as much as my bong; adjustable temperature range at least up to 230 C; and a vapor pathway made from safe materials (not plastic).

Cheers everyone, maybe I will post this last post as a brand new message rather than a reply. Let's see how this goes first.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Wow these mixed responses have made me even more hesitant to buy the Mighty. From the posts, most people are pretty happy with their Mighty, but things like the heating time (I am impatient by nature and pretty obsessed with time efficiency) and the irreplaceable battery (I am quite a heavy user so would need to replace it at some stage) are making me reconsider. But I guess I can take comfort from the fact that if I do end up settling on the mighty, I am getting a decent vaporizer that I will be happy with despite said drawbacks.

Every time I post about my quest to find the right new vape, a few people mention some new somewhat obscure vape that I then spend a while researching. Now I am looking into the Ghost MV1 and the Stempod. I even started to reconsider the Firefly 2 plus. Being familiar with the FF2 all these years, there would be no learning curve. My biggest drawbacks with the FF2 are the lack of consistent big vapor clouds (seems to be strain dependent) and related to that, the draw resistance. Second to those is also the airflow holes in the bottom of the bowl seem to get clogged over time. To that measure, does anyone know if the airflow needle available for the FF2 + will fit in the FF2 holes? It was my intention to swap bongs with vapes but the FF2 has not allowed me to do that. It almost seems like a chore to have to charge it up, pack it and then hope that you get decent clouds, while having to strain your throat. If the FF2 plus is not significantly better in the areas I mentioned above, then I won't go there. I will wait for the FF3, but I haven't heard boo about when that will be coming out. I would love some honest feedback from anyone who has bought the FF2 plus that has also owned the FF2. I read some reviews and I am getting mixed reports about the draw resistance. Some, including Firefly themselves, claim that it is drastically improved, whereas others are saying if you already have the FF2, the improvements in the model do not really make it worth upgrading when factoring in the cost. And another reviewer, saying that you have to kind of master the draw technique to get the intended performance out of it (I think that he also said the Ghost was like that too), which is exactly how the FF2 is also, and is one of its aspects I don't like. I want something that is very user friendly to the point where a friend can come over and use it and get the optimum vape performance right off the bat. I have tried a volcano in Amsterdam way back when, and liked the vapor quality. My only other experience with a vape, apart from the FF2, is an Arizer Solo, and the vapor quality left a bit to be desired. Kind of gave every herb a minty taste and taste the same, and you lost the subtle flavor nuances of each strain. I will send Tiny Might an email about my order as I haven't actually asked them about why it never went through. If I don't hear back I will move on and get something else. Like I said, it has been about 4 or 5 weeks since I ordered, they did not take the money from my Visa CC and it is now past the point where they can't, even if they tried, and the order is still saying pending.

The vape criteria I am looking for in summary: Think vapor clouds, minimal draw resistance; portable; great tasting vapor that retains a good resemblance to what it would taste like if smoked (that is very important, I want to be able distinguish strain from strain very easily, and detect the subtle flavor nuances and terpene profiles of each strain); as close to like a bong as possible in usage, operation and also in regards to time taken to start producing vapor (as instant as possible); ideally easily replaceable and readily obtainable batteries that last a long time not only in terms of charging but also in lifespan; durable so that I won't have to replace it for many years; something that I will look forward to smoking just as much as my bong; adjustable temperature range at least up to 230 C.

Cheers everyone, maybe I will post this last post as a brand new message rather than a reply. Let's see how this goes first.
Get a mighty.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Sorry to say so, but what you want is a Tinymight. Not a Mighty. I'm not against S+B at all, but reading your needs and wants tells me a Mighty won't make you happy.

[OT: I'm not sure how you are able to distinguish strains when smoking; usually vaping will give you a much better idea about the terpene profile / aroma of a strain. Just saying.]

shopdognyc

@Buds Aldrin if you are like me, you will get something and maybe goto the Mighty, or vice versa. It is a significant investment though. Vapospy has found me some great deals, but those linked with Askweedipedia. I believe someone said it wasn't a great site, but I've gotten lucky.

Have you tried a Dynavap? I think cost of an IH plus Dynavap puts it i the same ballpark. I get amazing clouds with my Omnivap. I think you could do without the IH and just practice on a flame. I wish I had experience on a Tinymight to compare to the Mighty, but I'm very happy with it. I don't know if I'm as frequent a user as you are, but I don't think the battery will go so quickly. Its a double battery I think, so probably have more mileage. It does take a while to charge up, but I think you can just plan for this.

I have a Crafty+ as well, and when I am on my "coffee break" I charge it as I am heading out.

Wish you the best decision for you.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: arb

justcametomind

yes but even if it is medical etc... it still does not taste very nice with a plastic path. the mouthfeel is different from a glass path.
thats why i wonder why not have an ceramic coating on the plastic on the inside.

Volcano has plastic path but to me it’s still one of the best signatures.
There’s no medic version of Herborizer or Evo, and no medical or scientific concept of “glass path” being better than medical grade plastic.
MiniVAP is another plastic path vape, the 3rd and only non SB medically certified, and people usually review it as a vape with superb flavor. Supreme is steel and silicone but is one of the sweetest flavor I tried. No stirring (nor grinding) needed.
Side question: (xD) Will ever glass grinders be a thing?
@Buds Aldrin
If you are a heavy user who still misses bong rips or need to stop combusting Mighty is a great choice. Tiny might may be cool but there’s a waiting line, Tubo and successors are great and have better heat up times, replaceable battery, but is yet another obscure vape (glass on the go is not an option imho).
I’d stay away from Ghost Mv1and Firefly because I’m told they require stirring, which is not my cup of tea on desktops, go figure portables.

Last edited:

Vaporware

Skip the MV-1 since Ghost went out of business.

@shopdognyc I was thinking about suggesting a VapCap and Induction Heater too, and it is a great option to extract a small-ish bowl quickly and easily, but since it’s mostly conduction heating the taste goes downhill pretty quickly.

Unless I pull before the hit or use concentrates on the Dynacoil I find the first draw’s taste acceptable (but not nearly as good as convection like the FlowerPot), but by the second heating it tends to be a bit off for me, and the third heat generally finishes it off but doesn’t taste great to me.

If I pull before the click though the taste lasts longer. I haven’t had an IH long so I‘m just getting used to it, but if the OP went with a VC/IH I’d say adjusting the coil height or asking the person/company building it to adjust it would be a good idea on the taste front, although it would slow the overall session down.

A lot of the IHs have swapable batteries and/or can be plugged in, plus you can have more than one or even use a torch or other heating method if you have to, so that’s another plus for that option.

shopdognyc

I have no experience with concentrates to give any kind of feedback, but I will probably want to experiment eventually.

@VaporWare you are talking like some so fine tuned to the process, I am ashamed at how beginner I am.

shopdognyc,

Vaporware

I have no experience with concentrates to give any kind of feedback, but I will probably want to experiment eventually.

@VaporWare you are talking like some so fine tuned to the process, I am ashamed at how beginner I am.

Sorry man, I’m still trying to fine-tune things myself but I try to pass along useful info when I have it. :)

I do still thing the VC/IH combo is a great option for many people, and I just used mine, I just don’t want anyone to go into that setup expecting both fast extraction and good flavor at the same time. Full convection vaporizers like the FlowerPot, Nomad, TinyMight, etc. tend to do better there.

...and to be clear on the concentrate front, I think it’s easy to get good results with a VapCap/Dynacoil/Induction Heater combo. The flavor stays good much longer than it does with flower. :)

shopdognyc

@VaporWare no no, no apology please. Just saying I have so much more to level up to. It is a nice nudge for me to reevaluate my process.

When I got my Dynovap M 2020, I was a bit underwhelmed. I went on Reddit, FC to find information. I tried again. I combusted a few times. A few times I thought I combusted, and found out I didn't. I kept reading, I started focusing the torch towards the front of the cap, and moved my way to the tip, meaning I had to do a few hits in a row, and that was my aha moment.

I've spent more than I should on my portables, so trying to practice restraint. Next on my mind are the Sticky Brick, Ditanium or Plenty. Some reason though, I think that might upset my significant other. Not so discrete but makes more sense as someone who enjoys from home.

I will have to seek out some concentrate. I saw a nice post somewhere I think Reddit with a tip showing something like a salad: herb, kief, concentrate. Would sure be a nice experience I think.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vaporware

@shopdognyc The “herb sandwich” style you’re talking about does work and some people love it, but concentrates can hang around beyond the point where the flower is used up and that leaves you either wasting it or hitting spent flower for a while.

Give it a shot if you’re interested, but for the best experience I would do one of these three things:

1. Use concentrates and flowers separately.

2. Use a FlowerPot, Ditanium or something similar with a bowl and a built-in dabbing surface. You can still end up with the flower used up first, but it should be better than the sandwich method.

3. Use separate flower and concentrate devices together through a splitter (for example if you have glass you can get a 14mm or 18mm connector that splits out to two inputs), or you could just stick them both in your mouth at once. :lol:

shopdognyc

@VaporWare thanks for the knowledge. Just got to locate some. I've only sourced flower up until now. The options with the concentrates are too many to ignore as well.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: Vaporware

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The vape criteria I am looking for in summary: Thick vapor clouds, minimal draw resistance; portable; great tasting vapor that retains a good resemblance to what it would taste like if smoked (that is very important, I want to be able distinguish strain from strain very easily, and detect the subtle flavor nuances and terpene profiles of each strain); as close to like a bong as possible in usage, operation and also in regards to time taken to start producing vapor (as instant as possible); ideally easily replaceable and readily obtainable batteries that last a long time not only in terms of charging but also in lifespan; durable so that I won't have to replace it for many years; something that I will look forward to smoking just as much as my bong; adjustable temperature range at least up to 230 C; and a vapor pathway made from safe materials (not plastic).
No to the FF2+, MV1, and vapcap suggestions. Especially not the vapcap for someone with flavor as a priority.

The Mighty can't keep up with the Tinymight on any level. It's not even a fair comparison since the Mighty is a big, elderly conduction session vape while the Tinymight is the new, small on demand convection vape that has changed the game for many of the FC convection lovers.

You can take two or three glorious Tinymight hits at whatever number you fancy and be done before the Mighty even reaches temp. And the weaker, slower heater on the Mighty won't give you the same quality of hit at any point in your session because it's only got that little session heater and an aluminum chamber with a plastic cooling unit snapped on top. How much do you enjoy soaking plastic parts in iso? Me neither.

Just buy a Tinymight and if you don't like it you can sell it for full price to someone who wants to skip the wait. The Mighty hype is legacy.

Last edited:

Buds Aldrin

Sorry to say so, but what you want is a Tinymight. Not a Mighty. I'm not against S+B at all, but reading your needs and wants tells me a Mighty won't make you happy.

[OT: I'm not sure how you are able to distinguish strains when smoking; usually vaping will give you a much better idea about the terpene profile / aroma of a strain. Just saying.]

Of course you can distinguish between the taste of different strains when smoking through a bong. That is why every every strain review has a "taste" section. A good vape should also offer that ability.

Buds Aldrin,

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
A good vape should also offer that ability.

My point is: a vaporizer, pretty much any vaporizer, is able to show off a strains terp profile *much* better than any way of smoking could. Before I had my first vape session I had no idea of the various tastes and aromas weed can have because it got blurred in a cloud of smoke and ash.

Siebter,
Reactions: C No Ego

C No Ego

My point is: a vaporizer, pretty much any vaporizer, is able to show off a strains terp profile *much* better than any way of smoking could. Before I had my first vape session I had no idea of the various tastes and aromas weed can have because it got blurred in a cloud of smoke and ash.

the closest I came to that with smoking was using a magnifying glass and sunlight to slowly start athe Burn ... best taste form smoking by a long shot ... but after ignition all tastes were Off

hinglemccringleberry

No to the FF2+, MV1, and vapcap suggestions. Especially not the vapcap for someone with flavor as a priority.
Is the flavor from a 0.05 load in the Vapcap really that inferior to the flavor of a 0.05 load in the Tinymight? Either way, you're consuming the majority of the terps in 1-2 hits. So how much better can convection flavor possibly be than conduction flavor when we're comparing equal size "1-hitter" loads?

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Is the flavor from a 0.05 load in the Vapcap really that inferior to the flavor of a 0.05 load in the Tinymight? Either way, you're consuming the majority of the terps in 1-2 hits. So how much better can convection flavor possibly be than conduction flavor when we're comparing equal size "1-hitter" loads?
The difference between burnt steak and one properly cooked.

arb,
Reactions: bossman

hinglemccringleberry

The difference between burnt steak and one properly cooked.
I'm not understanding this analogy. With my conduction vapes a big enough load gives me really nice detailed flavor on the first few hits, IMHO. But I used to have a Sticky Brick Jr (pure convection) and I was never blown away by the flavor out of that thing, not even on the first hit...

Last edited:
Top Bottom