• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

I have decided to get the Mighty but still have some questions (battery replacement, vape pathway)

Buds Aldrin

After spending way too much time thoroughly researching which vape to buy next, I have decided on the Mighty. I am looking to upgrade from the Firefly 2, which I have had for 4 years, and have a number of issues with, which I have outlined in my previous posts. I had narrowed the field down to the Mighty and the Tiny Might. I decided on the Tiny but after processing my payment, and having my bank authorize it, I waited three weeks, whereby it stayed in pending the whole time. Then it passed the threshold of time after which the money is no longer obtainable to Tiny Might. All that without any correspondence from them. Tiny might, yeah great recommendation. A very dodgy experience, and they never responded to my emails.

The online store I am going to order from is currently out of stock, and will have them again in exactly one week. So that is how long I have to be talked out of it or change my mind. Vaporware recommended not moving from the FF2 to the mighty, the reason given that the FF is "on demand" vaping, whereas the Mighty is not, making the mighty better for people who indulge in a whole bowl at a time (which I do, so there you go). And the Mighty is medically certified, and has a good temperature range and taste and reasonably thick vape clouds.

Please check out this page:

If you click on the above link, about halfway down the page, it mentions that you can get extra batteries for the Mighty, and not only that, have them on charge, so that you can swap them over! But hang on, that's the first time I have heard that, having been told numerous times that the Mighty's batteries are not replaceable, and once they go completely dead or near dead, as they inevitably will, that's it, time to fork out another $450 au. Why Storz and Bickle would not have included an easily replaceable battery, like the Firefly, beats me (more profits probably). I just checked out a youtube video on replacing the Mighty battery and it is 25 minutes long, started off pretty straight forward but then got very complicated. So not practical to do at home really. I am confused about the link above saying that you can get extra batteries and have them charging, implying that they are quick and easy to swap in and out??

Also, I remember seeing a youtube vid comparing the Firefly 2 + with the Mighty and I recall the guy saying that the vapor pathway with the Firefly is better, due to the materials being less toxic, whereas with the Mighty, there is some plastic (I think it was) that heats up along the vapor pathway, potentially leading to a build up of toxins over sustained use. So what gives? Is there some truth to this?

One final thing, I just watched a video on using the Mighty and the guy says you should pack the bowl AFTER you turn on the power, is that true? I guess that is to save time?

I have discovered quite a few things during my research, one thing that stands out is that there is no perfect vape. Come on guys, I need your best advice, how long have I been researching these things for and asking questions on here? This is my health we are talking about!

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
I don't care for the mightys vapor.
I find it quite dry and irritating for some reason.
Not worried about material safety on the mighty.
One thing is certain there are a lot of portables each one seems a little different and it is subjective so..........stempod from modpod labs.
😂

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I find it quite dry and irritating for some reason.

I find that with all of my S&B devices. Used to be a big fan but I just cannot use their vapes anymore.

I also find the hybrid bowl maybe the hardest to clean of any vape I've used if you use choose to not use dosing capsules. A lot of people talk about the cooling unit, but I find that much easier to clean than the bowl.

IMO the selling point of the Mighty is its extremely simple ease of use, however I don't find the vapor quality to be anything extraordinary. I feel that the thermoplastics that S&B builds vape parts from retains AVB flavors, when I first got the Mighty I thought it was quite tasty, but it's never been as good since.

GoldenBud

@arb @invertedisdead did you try the mighty with the capsules? I tried it yesterday with a capsule, it had an amazing taste (on temp 195C)
I didn't remember that it is so good. it's been like an year since the last time I tried it (although without a capsule....) . maybe the chamber (Stainless steel) gets dirty and 99% of users won't clean well?

arb

Semi shaved ape
@arb @invertedisdead did you try the mighty with the capsules? I tried it yesterday with a capsule, it had an amazing taste (on temp 195C)
I didn't remember that it is so good. it's been like an year since the last time I tried it (although without a capsule....) . maybe the chamber (Stainless steel) gets dirty and 99% of users won't clean well?
We have three units and a shit ton of capsules.
Mrs.arb loves it and when some body wants to try a"easy"to use vape that is what I hand them.
I started with a classic volcano which I will always love but never use anymore.
So if you want a very consistent easy to use vape get one.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

If you put the same herb in the bowl without a capsule do you feel it tastes different?

invertedisdead,
Reactions: arb

GoldenBud

If you put the same herb in the bowl without a capsule do you feel it tastes different?
My friend never uses the chamber, just capsules. it was very terpey on 195C, I think I couldn't notice the difference Mighty vs TUBOx in this case. WITH A CAPSULE.
@arb I wouldn't spend 350$ ofc, I prefer P80+TUBOx/Glow/StempodSi / something with abit of a "challenge" and a bigger heater than the Mighty's
but for the average user..... guess that works ;)
(And it pumps clouds on 195C then 205C then 210C ....) solid session for a Mighty. surprised me.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
My friend never uses the chamber, just capsules. it was very terpey on 195C, I think I couldn't notice the difference Mighty vs TUBOx in this case. WITH A CAPSULE.
@arb I wouldn't spend 350$ ofc, I prefer P80+Si/Glow/TUBOx / something with abit of a "challenge" and a bigger heater than the Mighty's
but for the average user..... guess that works ;)
(And it pumps clouds on 195C then 205C then 210C ....) solid session for a Mighty. surprised me.
I quite agree regards 510 based units.
even mrs.arb keeps a glow18 by the couch.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Yeah, fuck the Mighty. It's a big, ugly, expensive weed hog. If the price has been slashed several times like all the outdated offerings from Arizer I'd still tell you to wait patiently for the Tinymight or get a 510 to hold you over.

darbarikanada

happy mighty owner here. zero learning curve (there's a reason why there aren't any tutorials on how to use it - they're unnecessary). cool, flavorful vapor if you want (low temps), big clouds if you want (high). if you're using it 10x/day the battery won't last as long as if you use 1-2x/week. I'm a 1x-2/week person, have had mine 4+ years, still get 4-5 bowls on a charge now. jcat has lots of info on replacing the batteries if you want to go that route. also: I've never used the capsules. the mighty works great with wax, bubble (powdery) hash, hard hash. supposedly, 'live resin' would be a bad idea because it's so runny. as far as efficiency, I usually get about 12 hits from a .15g bowl of flower. if you're not looking for an 'on-demand' vape, you made the right choice.

Bazinga

Very satisfied with the Mighty. I use the dosing capsules. Vapor from first draw (350 degrees F). Long battery life between charges. Cooling unit disassembles in about 2 seconds. Throw it in some ISO and it cleans easily. If it lasts 4 or 5 years before battery replacement, nothing to worry about. By then there will newer, advanced technology vapes available.

bgrpph

i've had the Mighty for few yrs & really never used it as my main vape as i had a vapexhale evo & Ghost. I used the mighty as backup but it has never disappointed. I use it with the dose caps & take a few hits at medium temps then dump the cap out to cool- then i can use the same cap again for few more hits. Its very easy to use- i've the dose caps & an xtra cooling unit so i can just pop it on when its time to clean. Its my go to vape when others are around -using it is so easy & no explanation needed. I don't like cleaning the cooling unit & find it a bit more tedious than others- tho it isn't as bad if u clean it when its warm.
i used the Ghost MV1 for few yrs & preferred that for my daily use as the taste was much better than mighty & liked the on demand & quick heat up. I've got 1 working Ghost left but got a TinyMight few months ago (+ charger & xtra sony batteries) & i've been using that as my daily since. I've not reached for the Mighty since getting the TM. I really like using the TinyMight now & its very consistent & easy to use. Its my first stem vape & i ordered xtra cooling unit, stems etc & now have few diff stems from others. I find it is easy to use & vapor is nice & its very consistent. Its only been a few months of use so time will tell how well it lasts.
If it were me i'd get the TinyMight now rather than the Mighty but thats just me. hope this helps

Buds Aldrin

I find that with all of my S&B devices. Used to be a big fan but I just cannot use their vapes anymore.

I also find the hybrid bowl maybe the hardest to clean of any vape I've used if you use choose to not use dosing capsules. A lot of people talk about the cooling unit, but I find that much easier to clean than the bowl.

IMO the selling point of the Mighty is its extremely simple ease of use, however I don't find the vapor quality to be anything extraordinary. I feel that the thermoplastics that S&B builds vape parts from retains AVB flavors, when I first got the Mighty I thought it was quite tasty, but it's never been as good since.

Hi Invertedisdead, what does AVB stand for? oh Already Vaped Bud - just found it

daoist

the mighty has very smooth vapor. also a lot of vape comes out at only 180 celsius (and i mean a lot). but it turns off after 1 minute of not hitting it. i don't really dig the liquid pads or the capsules. it leaves a very tiny metal taste to the vape.

for a portable the mighty is about as good as it gets though. for home use i would get a glass adapter for the mighty so you can put it on a bong, rather than using the plastic fantastic cooling chamber. but all the portable vaporizers have plastic and some form of metal in there. how hard can it be to put ceramic coating on the inside of that plastic cooling chamber. i don't understand this plastic fetish these germans have to be honest. even the grinder is plastic. wtf. people that buy a 600 dollar volcano get a plastic grinder that jams after using it 3 times.

but the mighty has a medical certification of some sort. so it should be safe. the vape is smooth. really. but the plastic cooling chamber really needs some ceramic coating or glass inlay of some sort, this would really improve the taste and mouthfeel.

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The Mighty has a plastic vapor path, an aluminum chamber, and a proprietary charger.

Edit: hit post reply my accident, sorry.

Last edited:
bossman,
Reactions: arb

daoist

The Mighty has a plastic vapor path, an aluminum chamber, and a proprietary charger. There's nothing sbuur
yes, but almost all.l the portables have that. but the mighty has wateradapter for sg14 and sg19 chillums so you can build your own mobile water rig.

daoist,

Vaporware

After spending way too much time thoroughly researching which vape to buy next, I have decided on the Mighty. I am looking to upgrade from the Firefly 2, which I have had for 4 years, and have a number of issues with, which I have outlined in my previous posts. I had narrowed the field down to the Mighty and the Tiny Might. I decided on the Tiny but after processing my payment, and having my bank authorize it, I waited three weeks, whereby it stayed in pending the whole time. Then it passed the threshold of time after which the money is no longer obtainable to Tiny Might. All that without any correspondence from them. Tiny might, yeah great recommendation. A very dodgy experience, and they never responded to my emails.

The online store I am going to order from is currently out of stock, and will have them again in exactly one week. So that is how long I have to be talked out of it or change my mind. Vaporware recommended not moving from the FF2 to the mighty, the reason given that the FF is "on demand" vaping, whereas the Mighty is not, making the mighty better for people who indulge in a whole bowl at a time (which I do, so there you go). And the Mighty is medically certified, and has a good temperature range and taste and reasonably thick vape clouds.

Please check out this page:

If you click on the above link, about halfway down the page, it mentions that you can get extra batteries for the Mighty, and not only that, have them on charge, so that you can swap them over! But hang on, that's the first time I have heard that, having been told numerous times that the Mighty's batteries are not replaceable, and once they go completely dead or near dead, as they inevitably will, that's it, time to fork out another $450 au. Why Storz and Bickle would not have included an easily replaceable battery, like the Firefly, beats me (more profits probably). I just checked out a youtube video on replacing the Mighty battery and it is 25 minutes long, started off pretty straight forward but then got very complicated. So not practical to do at home really. I am confused about the link above saying that you can get extra batteries and have them charging, implying that they are quick and easy to swap in and out??

Also, I remember seeing a youtube vid comparing the Firefly 2 + with the Mighty and I recall the guy saying that the vapor pathway with the Firefly is better, due to the materials being less toxic, whereas with the Mighty, there is some plastic (I think it was) that heats up along the vapor pathway, potentially leading to a build up of toxins over sustained use. So what gives? Is there some truth to this?

One final thing, I just watched a video on using the Mighty and the guy says you should pack the bowl AFTER you turn on the power, is that true? I guess that is to save time?

I have discovered quite a few things during my research, one thing that stands out is that there is no perfect vape. Come on guys, I need your best advice, how long have I been researching these things for and asking questions on here? This is my health we are talking about!

Since you’re happy with sticking to full sessions the Mighty may be a good option for you, and I can’t defend Tiny Might’s lack of communication and weird pre-sale issues except to say that it’s basically just one guy instead of a big company like S&B. If you read the TM thread you’d see that many people have had similar experiences to yours and then just paid again once their unit was ready to ship. Post sale support reports have been almost universally positive.

You don’t have to take our advice but it was based on experience and/or extensive research, so the sarcasm and panning of the TM based on a pre-order experience that has been reported many times in the TM thread and no experience using it is...uncalled for. :myday:

Personally I would just be patient and get a Tiny Might or something similar. It doesn’t sound like you’re willing to deal with the issues that often come with buying from small businesses with exploding demand though, so pushing you to follow through and buy one would likely just lead to you being angry again...but there are reasons their demand is high...:shrug:

In case you do buy one I’ll just quickly point out that there have been some technical issues reported with a few TMs recently. I expect those users to be taken care of (as others have) and I don’t think the failure rate is high compared to other vaporizers with electronics in them, but it’s less than a year old so there isn’t a huge track record to look at yet.

yes, but almost all.l the portables have that. but the mighty has wateradapter for sg14 and sg19 chillums so you can build your own mobile water rig.

A large majority of mass produced portable vaporizers have plastic, silicon or other similar (or worse) materials in their vapor paths and most of them have built-in or proprietary batteries, but aluminum is not the most common chamber material and there are plenty of options out there now that have pretty clean vapor paths, standard swappable batteries, and chamber materials I prefer to aluminum.

Most of the best I know of are made by individuals or pretty small companies though, so I’m sure it seems to a lot of people like those options aren’t available.

shopdognyc

Very happy with the Mighty. I believe to be superior to most of what I have, but they all have their own character. The harshness is there, but sometimes it doesn't bother me. I am still waiting for my whip to try and attach with. I have a Simrell coming, but since he doesn't have an adapter now, that will have to wait.

It is definitely priced on the higher side, and I agree lot of other affordable options.

The battery replacement would be great. For those who had had their batteries go dead, how long until then?

justcametomind

The Mighty has a plastic vapor path, an aluminum chamber, and a proprietary charger.

Edit: hit post reply my accident, sorry.
You forgot to add ”non user replaceable batteries” to the list! ;)
Mighty is one of the few medically certified vapes and even after years of use I don’t see or smell plastic degrading or stinking. The worst downside of it in my opinion is the heat up time. I would be fine with Mighty plastic path but I much prefer on demand vapes so I can take a couple of hits and quit, finetuning my cannabis use instead of getting instantly baked by a quarter gram capsule session. That was a game changer. Before trying on demand, Mighty and Crafty were my go to portables and have far better flavor than any Flowermate/Boundless/HR. Today I use my SB portables almost never and traded the plastic path for even shittier plastic paths in exchange for shorter sessions and heat up times. Flowermate Cap and Fury 2, and Grasshopper before it became a problem vape.

Last edited:

daoist

the battery of the mighty can be charged while you vape. so it is a good battery.

daoist,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
The plastic vapor path probably consist of some variant of PEEK. Virgin PEEK has a continuous operating temp of almost 500f and even at these temps have some of the lowest toxicity compared to other plastics. (the toxicity has also been tested and certified)

Being medically certified it is probably legit certified PEEK too that would be traceable from raw material back to finished product. That is how serious they take this plastic. Way more creditable than a lot of stuff out there.

daoist

yes but even if it is medical etc... it still does not taste very nice with a plastic path. the mouthfeel is different from a glass path.
thats why i wonder why not have an ceramic coating on the plastic on the inside.

daoist,

scy123

Trusted Member Don't Worry
It's more a general statement for those interested. I know the mouthpiece they claim is PEEK, but everything else I can only guess.

I'm actually not much into taste, so can't comment on that.

scy123,

C No Ego

Fury Edge has a stainless steel airway for the intake offresh air and with a glass attatchment as the mouthpiece and all glass vapor pathway as well ... so stainless to glass = no plastic anywhere in the path. the Fury Edge should produce as much vapor as a mighty in the smae time frame , maybe even quicker from the starting gate

C No Ego,
Top Bottom