I got two flowermate, one with faulty power button and one with a lead that I accidentaly disconnected, can I repair them?

blissfulyogi

Please how can I repare my flowermates, 5,0s mini I scratched off the power button and v7,0s I disconnected one cable lead by accident tried to connect it to various ports, it started to blink and kind of got hot, one connectod gave little sparks, not sure to what I should connect it. Im wondering if its worth fixing I would rather avoid spontaneously blown batteries while inhaling, Is it a risk in this case? thank you very much

ginolicious

Funny you mention this. My Flowermate V5 nano had the same issue. I had a wire rip off in the battery chamber. Wasn’t covered under warranty since I got the vape in a contest. You can solder them back together If you figure out where the wire goes. Loved my V5 nano. I just ended up throwing it away.

blissfulyogi

Funny you mention this. My Flowermate V5 nano had the same issue. I had a wire rip off in the battery chamber. Wasn’t covered under warranty since I got the vape in a contest. You can solder them back together If you figure out where the wire goes. Loved my V5 nano. I just ended up throwing it away.
I think I figured it out, but I had it on my desk without anything connected and the wire from the battery must have touched something on the board and it started to smoke :D lol I was freaking out a little bit I admit :D just wondering if I can solder it with regular cheapo soldering set it to it and also swap the power button for something else, thank you very much for your reply and have a beautiful day

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Uhrmmmm... well... yea... sure put the wire back. If it comes back to life things are good. If not, well, the short was fatal.

blissfulyogi

Uhrmmmm... well... yea... sure put the wire back. If it comes back to life things are good. If not, well, the short was fatal.
I found the right one, well probably, at least it blinks in the colors as it used to,, btw the battery charge was minimal so I hope the short was not anywhere fatal, but I rather avoid vape blowing in my hand? is there a big risk ? :D btw can I solder it with cheapo type aliexpress solder?
something like this :
what should I set the temperature too?
Is there any increased high risk of blowing battery to my face when this will be fixed ?, because of that little shortage I mean :D

blissfulyogi,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
Those are Li-Po cells right? Not the canned round cells. They can sputter and fry but they don't tend to 'blow up' in the general sense. If the vape ever gets seriously hot, just throw it on the ground somewhere that it can't damage anything. Water doesn't put out a battery fire but it could make it worse.

And bottom line, there is only so much energy. It will eventually drain.

Top Bottom