I asked my doctor about medical marijuana

iamhemper

lwien said:
Carbon said:
You guys are probably right about the overmedicating.

Yup. Vaping to relieve pain and vaping to get high are two totally different things because the fact is that you may be able to vape to relieve the pain without hardly getting high at all and that getting high can sometimes make the pain worse rather than better.

Yes. When I first hurt my back years ago and was in an acute pain stage, I tried MJ and it seemed to magnify my pain. I was very uncomfortable when I was medicated. But now after the back has stabilized, I think my nightly regiment of MJ has an anti-inflammatory effect and my back feels much better than it has in years.

iamhemper,

reece

iamhemper said:
When the pharmaceuticals have the lock on marijuana like meds is when your doctor will have a epiphany and say MJ will help alleviate some of your ills.

But probably not MJ itself. Only the pharmaceuticals derived from it.

reece,

iamhemper

reece said:
iamhemper said:
When the pharmaceuticals have the lock on marijuana like meds is when your doctor will have a epiphany and say MJ will help alleviate some of your ills.

But probably not MJ itself. Only the pharmaceuticals derived from it.

Yes, I agree.

iamhemper,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
i would switch doctors immediately. not because they won't prescribe mmj but because the doctor is not looking out for your best interest. he's just another pill pusher getting kickbacks from bigpharma.

SSS,

reece

SSS said:
he's just another pill pusher getting kickbacks from bigpharma.

Or, he is sincere in his belief but like with anything else, different doctors have different opinions regarding treatment of a particular issue. Someone else could just as easily say a pro marijuana doctor is just stoner pushing an agenda.

If I had proof of what you claim, that would be another story. Since I don't, I would be switching doctors because of his view on marijuana.

reece,

SSS

mmj patient under siege by the obama admin
maybe so.

i found it very disturbing that your doctor's response was to insinuate that you weren't interested in fixing the problem. that's not a medical opinion, that's a personal attack.

SSS,

crawdad

floatin
SSS said:
i found it very disturbing that your doctor's response was to insinuate that you weren't interested in fixing the problem. that's not a medical opinion, that's a personal attack.

well, its a medical opinion mixed in with some bad attitude likely. i happen to deal with health (and sickness) with mostly natural/herbal remedies for myself and family and many times have been insulted by doctors/nurses in an effort to educate me into taking all the wonderful mainstream synthetics available within my prescription plan. dont get me started on vaccines. :o ive had doctors pretty much yell at me for taking matters into my own hands, and thankfully only once did i let it get physical. the push to get medicated by the "health care" industry is pretty intense.

humble doctors are hard to find.

crawdad,

Carbon

A lot of doctors don't know much about cannabis anyway. I have heard numerous sound bytes from doctors polled about their opinion of medical marijuana, and they'd simply say that anything that needs to be smoked they could not recommend as a medicine. I would tend to agree with this, though some will see enough relief anyway that the tradeoff is worth it to them. I'm assuming most of these doctors have little knowledge of vaporizers and have a quite skewed view of edibles (and no idea about tinctures).

Carbon,

vapeguy

I second the others recommending getting another doctor, he's a dangerous pill pushing quack if he thinks artificial meds made from petroleum will work better than natural and safe herbs.

Prescription drugs are the #1 cause of disease and #3 cause of death, they are the most dangerous thing anyone can do. Modern medicine as a whole is the #1 cause of both disease and death, their only goal is to profit from people's health problems while making them even sicker so they can make even more money.

vapeguy,
Top Bottom