Hurricane Matthew

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
All you folks in the path I wish you all the best and stay safe. I have family down there as well so even though I'm up north this hits home. Once again best wishes to you and yours, stay safe every one!

@DieHard @Melting Pot @stickstones @Ratchett @mvapes and anyone else in its path

Take care all!
Thanks bro
And absolutely everyone stay safe.
Power just flickered gonna get the sv3 and the batt packs out.
Its gonna be a long night.

Here's a cool pic of MATHEW
nIVrxSv.jpg

Last edited:

StormG94

Forever a student
My best wishes to everybody in the area! My brother is Air Force and stationed down in Florida. He just evacuated in the past day or two. I was supposed to make a trip over to see him in a week, although it looks like these plans may be postponed. Hopefully there isn't too much major damage. And of course I hope you all stay safe!

BD9

I'm worried about all my family and friends in Florida. This storm is no joke with a Category 4 rating. It's the size of Texas with 130 mph sustained winds.
Hopefully everyone on barrier islands left as most bridges have closed.

Best wishes to everyone. It's going to be a long night.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
@Vicki and @RUDE BOY live in Florida too. Stay safe friends, I've been thinking about all of you guys. What a beautiful place to live but you have to deal with such deadly weather at times.

Some folks on the barrier islands haven't evacuated, I was hearing earlier. Also CNN said there is price gouging like 9.99 a gallon for gasoline and no gas at some stations.

View of Hurricane Matthew from Miami
10 hours Ago
czsOBgn.jpg

Last edited:

BD9

Texting with family and friends; Flooding in Sanford but still has power. Strong storm surge in Melbourne no power. Power still on in Orlando. Haven't heard from Flagler Beach

Matthew has moved a little to the east storm surges should be less intense.

Nicole upgraded to Cat 2 Hurricane moving west from Bermuda.

Hope all Florida FC members are safe and have no damage.

BD9

Sporadic outages around Orlando. Melbourne power still out and can't get a hold of my friend there. Also haven't heard from my brother in West Palm or my friend in Flagler Beach. Both got hammered. I'm worried. :ugh::cry:

It's not over yet. 100 +mph winds in Daytona while moving up the coast. Stay safe!

BD9

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
I went out Wednesday night and it took me about two hours to ‘find’ gas, batteries, bread, etc. When I got to the first gas station I thought …. What is everyone complaining about?!?! There aren’t any lines for anything! When I got closer I realized it was because they were out of everything already. Finally found gas but all they had left was premium and that ran out right as I was leaving the station after the fill-up. One guy was complaining that his big Ol' truck only gets 10 miles to the gallon and by the time he found this gas he had gone through over a 1/4 tank just looking for some. He was pissed but not nearly as pissed the cars behind him when he emptied the last bit of gas left.

So far so good though. I border two mandatory evacuation/flood zones and was able to work and haven't lost power.......yet. Looks like I could surf on the small pond in the back though.

Wednesday night I charged every vape related battery I own and my Solo to get me through without my EVO or having to combust.

I made a ton of ice, in blocks, in case we lose power like a few years ago. I was asked why so much ice and my response was....'to keep the refrigerated/perishable items cold if we lose power and to make sure I have enough ice for screwdrivers and cosmos.
My motto: Stay HIGH and dry :rockon:

Good Luck to the Rest of You Mathew Muthas!!!

EDIT: Mathew is now downgraded to a Cat 2. YAY!

Last edited:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
We are ok! We never lost power, or satellite TV. We are shocked. We got a ton of wind and rain, and have a lot of tree damage and debris. We already started cleaning up a little, but will do more tomorrow. We got very lucky, but it's true. Matthew is circling back around to hit us again! And, Nicole is coming too! :(

We have been under a mandatory curfew since 10pm Friday night through Saturday at 7am.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Morning!

He was still a Cat3 when Matthew passed about 35 miles east of me. It was my first hurricane experience and certainly a good "introduction" to this weather! Had sustained winds around 40-50MPH for a while there, saw a few gusts up to around 75mph at the house. But the house survived with no issues (not a single broken branch, no broken windows, nothing!).

Coincidentally, my wife discovered that her fitbit device recorded she climbed 49 flights of stairs during the hurricane - which is impossible because that device is VERY accurate and we have no stairs anywhere in the house! Somehow the sensors on her fitbit use pressure to elevation changes, and it was sensitive enough to register the pressure changes from the hurricane!

Being our first hurricane in a rental house made things tough (I couldn't board up the windows, rental company didn't answered their phone or voicemail for several days leading up to the storm), but I learned a lot about how to prepare and handle this weather. (Biggest thing I missed having - a generator!)

Power was out for about 18 hours, came on late last night. Now it's time to fire up those 3D printers and get started packing outstanding orders!

NickDlow

Log Hog
Morning!

He was still a Cat3 when Matthew passed about 35 miles east of me. It was my first hurricane experience and certainly a good "introduction" to this weather! Had sustained winds around 40-50MPH for a while there, saw a few gusts up to around 75mph at the house. But the house survived with no issues (not a single broken branch, no broken windows, nothing!).

Coincidentally, my wife discovered that her fitbit device recorded she climbed 49 flights of stairs during the hurricane - which is impossible because that device is VERY accurate and we have no stairs anywhere in the house! Somehow the sensors on her fitbit use pressure to elevation changes, and it was sensitive enough to register the pressure changes from the hurricane!

Being our first hurricane in a rental house made things tough (I couldn't board up the windows, rental company didn't answered their phone or voicemail for several days leading up to the storm), but I learned a lot about how to prepare and handle this weather. (Biggest thing I missed having - a generator!)

Power was out for about 18 hours, came on late last night. Now it's time to fire up those 3D printers and get started packing outstanding orders!

Good to hear bro. Yea a genny is a must down there especially around this season. I still need one for my house up here. Not so much the hurricanes but those damn nor'easters lol. You know. Last year was mild but I have a feeling this year we might not be so lucky. Can't hurt to be ready.

Next year I'm hopefully heading down there to see some family. I'd love to check out the new studio and get another session. It's been awhile bro. When I was traveling down to DE is was nice to have that local company lol.

subway13029

We still have no power which sucks but i charged all my batts beforehand and couldn't find any Damn butane but found a ghetto vapeshop opened late Thursday and grabbed a bottle so I'm good to go for the time being..

BD9

Very happy you all are safe! I still haven't gotten in touch with a couple of my people yet.

Florida governor and Harry Potter villain Rick Scott has mentioned using generators safely in well ventilated and open areas. A 90 year old couple suffered carbon monoxide poisoning when they kept their generator in the garage.

Hopefully everyone in Georgia and the Carolina's are, and will be safe.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Jacksonville:

215,000 without power. No estimates given. Advice given was to prepare for 2 days without but again...not an estimate just a suggestion.

Mayport has a water advisory.

The 3 bridges to the beaches are expected to open around noon BUT lines were forming earlier that morning and there are reports of people yelling at the police for not letting them through. Not smart...some of these police are working 16 hours shifts since the start and have been up all night.

subway13029

all bridges besides the shands have reopened but we still have no damn power. alot of shit around us has power. my assistant manager went to check on store and decided she was a vigilante and opened for.business with most of our crew out of town..im without power and about to lose all my food.aint.no way in hell i was gonna open today but she have to figure shit out because she is going at it alone today..i just wanna get sone power back on and get my vape station reassembled and vape down..until then butane it is..and concentrates are nice too..

Top Bottom