Hunter S Thompson

I know we have tons of HST fans here on the site. I also like Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg as well as his sources. Jim Carroll, Hurbert Selby Jr., Tom Wolfe.

~But my main question is if someone can find the website with hunter reading directly from his work. He is pretty old, and barely understandable but I need it for a school project. Letters with thompsons? Words with thompson?

And there is this question was he gay?!

http://tomflocco.com/fs/PhotographerTied.htm

^funny how they say larry king it was lawerence king

biojuggernaut,
Yeah this will def help enough to get the job done. its just video from hunter reading from the great shark hurt. You can barely understand him however. It is called letters with gonzo or soemthing.

biojuggernaut,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
biojuggernaut said:
Yeah this will def help enough to get the job done. its just video from hunter reading from the great shark hurt. You can barely understand him however. It is called letters with gonzo or soemthing.

I have a bunch of HST audio. One big file has a bunch of stuff you might be interested in.

It has:

Lecture at Boulder University - 1977

HST "Songs of the Doomed"

UCLA Lecture - 1984

Washington & Lee U Lecture - 1991

If you are familiar with torrents I found it on btjunkie

The Boulder one is a lecture and a big Q&A session. Its great!

Also have pdf's of his main published books (F&L Elko, F&L Vegas, Great Shark Hunt, Rum Diaries, Hell's Angles, Screwjack)

JDSupreme,
yeah I probably need a good college lecture such as boulder. I just need my classmates to under Hunter a little more and the persona he created by showing a video of him reading from the great shark hunt such as the superbowl story or the Kentucky Derby.

biojuggernaut,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
biojuggernaut said:
yeah I probably need a good college lecture such as boulder. I just need my classmates to under Hunter a little more and the persona he created by showing a video of him reading from the great shark hunt such as the superbowl story or the Kentucky Derby.

If you aren't familiar with torrents we can figure out a way for me to send it to ya

JDSupreme,

Malkarion

I would be interested in those audio files too, maybe you can upload it a site like yousendit.com (malkarion (at) gmx.de)?

Thanks in advance!

Malkarion,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Malkarion said:
I would be interested in those audio files too, maybe you can upload it a site like yousendit.com (malkarion (at) gmx.de)?

Thanks in advance!

That's what I was going to do but the file is 650mb and they want to charge me.

To get set up to download torrents is very easy. Download and install uTorrent . Go into the settings and select a location for a download folder.

Then go to btjunkie and search for "Hunter S Thompson". Scroll down and you will see the audio files. When you hit download make sure you click on where ever the file pops up to preview and hit ok. The file will then go to utorrent which acts as a download manager. You cannot download the files without utorrent.

If you wish to keep searching for more stuff you will find just about anything you could possibly want on there. Just make sure you click on it and scroll down to read the comments. If something is bad, there will be 50 people telling you that. Other than that its simple as shit.

So that's the key to the universe, enjoy it responsibly!

JDSupreme,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Malkarion said:

Thanks in advance!

That's what I was going to do but the file is 650mb and they want to charge me.

To get set up to download torrents is very easy. Email me if you need help.

Edit: to not break rules :)

JDSupreme,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links to torrents sites here, that's why I emailed him the exact same information (except I'm using the pirate site). There is 500mb audio file called The Gonzo Files available there.

OhTheAgony,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
OhTheAgony said:
I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links to torrents sites here, that's why I emailed him the exact same information (except I'm using the pirate site). There is 500mb audio file called The Gonzo Files available there.

Ok gotcha. I see it now.

That's a great bunch of files tho!

JDSupreme,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, I'm downloading the documentary as we speak, all this talk got me curious :)

OhTheAgony,
Top Bottom