How to make the first vaping experience as nice as possible?

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Hi my friends,

This topic seems important enough for me to get its own thread.

Could you share, all experienced (more or less) vaporists, all your tips and tricks to help to make the first vaping experience as nice as possible for both newbies style: smokers and peoples who never get anything in their lungs before and with very sensitive throats.

This topis is important cause I failed several times and my mother in law asked to me some weeks ago if it could be possible to test vaping!!! I never thought she would like to try that since she doesn't like to put anything bad in her body....I replied yes it's possible but let me time to think about to offer you the better experience... and you must to think about you are feeling the better inyour mind and body.

She is a very delicate people, very sensitive in her mind and in her body and I don't want to hurt her...she is close of 70 years old!

We need to work on this topic if we want to spray the word!

Greenfinger53

first timers should take it easy, start slowly and take a break before having more.. you don't want it to creep up and knock her for six.

Put some of her favorite foods and drinks out, it's easy to forget how amazing things taste when you start toking

SteamfunQ

Maybe find out the music,tv and movies that she finds relaxing and enjoyable, ambience can be much overlooked factor. If she has a mobile phone get her to consider switching it off or put on silent so not to be disturbed. (Theres no harm in taking some time out for yourself)
Greenfinger53 really hit it on the head though, go slowly but surely. Beverages and food always help!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
What about filling a bag? Have you tried a low temp sipper? I've never used the herbalaire but my Volcano works well for sensitive users in that they can control the dosage easier than most other vapes.

Think microdose as any dose will hit hard at that tolerance level.

E0x

my house is the safe place for all my friends that consume cannabis because here is illegal, i say that because all my friends tell me that the feeling safeness at my house get away the paranoid that cannabis get you sometimes , so create the proper ambient i think is very important , other tips i use for new consumer is water , the use of water is great for noobs you only need tell then how is the proper use of the water pipe, i mean how do the inhalation and the speed of the draw ( in my experience i find that a lot of ppl don't get high with cannabis because don't do a proper inhalation to the lung )

so in resume: water pipe , safe place/conformable for the user, proper breathing technique.

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
I think handing them a filled bag may be the easiest thing possible. Or something like the e-nano that you can hit as slow or hard as you want without an issues of accidental combustion.

We put off my buddy's girlfried by yelling 'Slower!' and then 'Faster!' when she was trying out the DBV for the one and only time.

I don't know the Blackwood log in your sig, but most of the log vapes fit my 2nd suggestion, and your herbalaire fits the first. Offer choice of either or both maybe.

Also for a newbie with sensitive throat, lower temps can only help with that

Ricardo

She might want to try it but if she's never consumed cannabis in her life she might find it overwhelming - even terrifying. Now, if she was a flower child in the sixties, dig out some Jefferson Airplane and follow all the good advice above.

Ricardo,
Reactions: PPN

duckTape

I just want to add that low-temp might give rise to a panic-attack (I say this from early personal experience).

It's something about it, you get more medicated than you think because you wont feel the sedative effects that is an indication that the weed is starting to kick in.

The higher temps might also help her relax into the experience. I'd say somewhere between 380-390 f

I also think micro-dosing is the way to go, but keep in mind that she might not feel anything the first time.

All this is of course just based on my own experiences.

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
yeah, to clarify: not necessarily super low temp. that can potentially be a little weird sometimes.
Just don't crank it high so it'll be harsher.

EverythingsHazy

LOW DOSE! 0.025-0.05g of decent bud, is a lot for a beginner. A single hit may be more than enough. Go slow.

For the actual vaporizing, I recommend using a filled bag (if she will have a hard time handling multiple pieces lke a log vape/gong/bong), or a log vape and a bong filled with very warm water. It makes the vapor feel so thick and smooth. I also a playlist of her favorite music, maybe her favorite movie/tv show recorded or on Netflix, some good headphones, a nice meal, and good dessert!

I'm a fan of aromatherapy for ambience. I find this is an overlooked olfactory sense for entering a state of pure relaxation and is incredibly soothing to me.
I like some incense, personally. Not so much that it's overpowering, but enough to get the Caribbean vibe going.

EverythingsHazy,

crawdad

floatin
never thought she would like to try that since she doesn't like to put anything bad in her body....

my first thought would be to dispel this myth before getting a routine worked out that you feel will suit her, you probably already have but just saying.

for introducing to a true first timer ive found that being a good sitter makes more of a difference than how much you ride with or what you are riding on. set and setting, her terms, her flow, and dont just observe...manage the situation too much and it becomes more about the direction than the journey which can lead to internal battles. when i introduced to my SO the ride lasted 7 hours and im glad in retrospect that i managed to set aside enough time (and munchies) to sustain the both of us.

smoker intro is best if they have an interest of their own otherwise the diffuser will get removed after the first hit, least in my cases.

:peace:

crawdad,

hinglemccringleberry

Is this a question of first time vaping for someone with experience combusting cannabis? Or do you mean it's for someone consuming cannabis for the first time ever? The best answer will depend on which of these questions is being asked.

hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: stonedbob

Aristosseur

Do it in a place she feels comfortable - either hers, your own home or if possible a nice outdoor setting. Start really low, preferrably an indica strain. Their cannabinoid profiles have higher CBD which takes off some of the anxiety - paranoia THC has.
Instruct on inhalation; deep, slow breathe in, hold vapour, exhale. Wait a couple of minutes after the first hit. Administer a second if YOU deem it right; if not up the temp and then do it. Have a break after the second hit to assess how medicated she is, people not used to this method are often caught unaware of the effects. A good test is to have her stand and bring something from the fridge or take a walk in that nice outdoor setting. That's when most people feel it, if they've been sitting idle while partaking.

Vaked420

Ya I would reiterate what everyone has said. Take it slow, use a vape that is easy to use, stay away from extreme low or high Temps and make sure the setting otherwise is good, ie. She's eaten, is hydrated and stuff.

The number one thing I think though is state of mind. Does she want to try it because she wants to do something wild, or because she really wants to try something new? My girlfriend had some awful panic attacks her first times consuming since she was doing it for all the wrong reasons to impress me

TastyClouds

The timing of this thread is interesting as I recently also had to consider this for my girlfriend that decided to try using CBD for anxiety. Knowing she would be sensitive to the mind racing europhria that low temps and sativa strains provide, we picked up a CBD rich Harlequin strain (2:1) and loaded half a bowl in the Solo and turned it up to 6. This worked very well for her as she was able to very precisely control her dose taking small hits and waiting 5 minutes before each hit, and the strain itself is very calming and wont overwhelm novices. If you have access to CBD rich low THC strains 1:1 or 2:1 out of a vaporizer is the way to go for a pleasant introduction into Cannabis.

uhranium

I didn't read the thread completely, just chiming in

Yes, microdose as someone said, and do it twice.
If she never had cannabis before, her receptors are having a hard time actually working with the cannabinoids, so you do a first run to actually "switch on" the availability in the receptors.

Then a 2nd time, where I would really recommend the one-puff method. Something like warming a solo to 2 for a minute or put a mighty on 155°C and let her do one medium-long draw and then wait for 30-45 minutes. Doing something like a whole joint or a 12 minute solo session will be way too much to explore the change in perception.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Thanks for all your suggestions, micro-dose around 185°C, quiet, time, music and munchies!

She will go back at home for X-Mas, I don't think she get another friend who wants to share her first experience except me (but that's far to be my first experience!). Maybe she will change her mind, I'll don't insist, I already told her to tell me when she is ready.

Thanks a lot for the low temp advice, I don't want she get a panic attack!

duckTape

I personally wouldn't go any lower than 193 degrees Celsius. But that's just me ;)

Best of luck :)

duckTape,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
this is more topical for me right now, my sister mentioned having an interest in trying it out now that recreational is going to be legal real soon now. I ordered replacement parts for the herbalaire. I was thinking aroung 350 F which is just a little below your 185 C. somewhere there-abouts anyway. run off a the first wispy stuff and give her a cloudy-enough but still not too-high temp bag.

I'm thinking possibly something particularly tasty, but might also go with a very middle-of-the-road hybrid like GSC. definitely not going to start with a haze, that might be a little too intense.

also, I think people mentioned it before, but I'll add that having cold drinks prepared in advance, comfy setting including places to sit / settle down, maybe music / computer to play with.

Top Bottom