How often do you grind?

ilsasta

To be honest I've been completely enamoured with whole bud vaping lately.
I don't hear many people talking about it so I figured i'd bring it up.
No grinding, just stick a 0.2-0.4g nug directly in the Mighty at 190C.

It sounds silly but I've been doing this method for over a year now and vaped ounces of material unground.

I sometimes grind (using the Otto Grinder which is very handy) but generally I will just vape whole nug.

I find it's smoother and tastier. I can still get full white-wall water hits with it too!
Admittedly I don't end up getting everything out of the product
though you can always just give it a 2nd grind.

For me the flavor is amazing and sustained much longer.
I see it as a luxury similar to rosin.

I will give a warning that some vaporisers are definitely less effective with this method.
Best way of vaping ever IMO, lovely in the Vapcap too. I find it preservs much more terps since you don't break all the thrichromes heads by grinding. Sadly, some vapes only take ground herb.

flammy

Best way of vaping ever IMO, lovely in the Vapcap too. I find it preservs much more terps since you don't break all the thrichromes heads by grinding. Sadly, some vapes only take ground herb.

The best whole herb vapes IMO are the sticky bricks. Full convection and large enough chamber to allow for a "grind" after the first hit without having to remove the herb from vape. I don't do it often either but it does provide for good flavor.

hinglemccringleberry

Sadly, some vapes only take ground herb.
Not necessarily a sad thing. I put around 0.2 of fine grind in my Alfa and the flavor on low is better than a whole nug in my Vapcap, which is great in its own right, but its like 1080p vs 4k. With the fine grind I'm drawing on 2-4x more material and terpene content than I am on my Dynavap. The whole nug in the Vapcap is great on small amounts of bud, but IME, a finely ground large load in a Volcano or something like my Alfa is the best flavor experience you'll get from flower simply because it holds more and lets you to get more terps on your mouth at once.

So theoretically, a whole 0.2 nug vaped with convection should be even better than 0.2 of fine grind. I just don't have a way to do that. lol

Last edited:

Inforit

Have around ten strains of CBD. Four strains ground and kept in small glass jars. Haven't been using the same strain twice. Rotation is chamber to chamber. Then if more variety is needed whole bud in a DYNAVAP works.

Inforit,

howie105

How often do I grind is dependent on what is going on. As an example, if its a hit in the middle of the night then I use from from the small jar at the bedside which gets topped off with a weekly grind. If its daytime then I grind in the morning to match the vape setup I am using that day. If I am switching between strains or setups then it can turn into multiple grinds for a session. So I guess there isn't one way for me.

howie105,
Reactions: C No Ego

uncanni

I totally agree with you and MGG. I have been putting pieces of bud into my Pax3, and I have gotten so that I just hate to grind bud up. So much good stuff always gets layered into the grinder.

uncanni,

hoptimum

It depends on which vaporizer I'm using. No grinding at all for the logs, Vapolution 2.0 and HerbalAire; medium/fluffy grind for VXL Cloud, SSV, LSV, Vapor Brothers, Volcano, Lotus, most portables; very fine for MFLB (Finishing Grinder). I find the best flavor comes from unground bud with trichomes undisturbed.

p3cx3

heeeeey! i just got a cnc alu grinder from planet of vapes, what a piece of art, looks like my old santa cruz shredder, nicely detailed!

does any one here uses that bitch?

p3cx3,

ginolicious

Sometimes I grind multiple times a day. Other times it’s once every few days.

If I’m doing several sessions in a dab I’ll need to keep the bud flowing. Others I grind a lot and then be up having one bowl with plenty of ground material for the next day. So it’s hard to say. Im a wild card.

ginolicious,
Top Bottom