Tek How I Capture Remaining Concentrate

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I'm annoyed by any remaining amount of product in commercial concentrate containers. I put my empty containers in my air fryer for a minute to liquify the concentrate, then I use a Q-tip to sop up the concentrate. I remove the cotton and put it in my vaporizer: works great!
concentrate-containers.gif

btka

I'm annoyed by any remaining amount of product in commercial concentrate containers. I put my empty containers in my air fryer for a minute to liquify the concentrate, then I use a Q-tip to sop up the concentrate. I remove the cotton and put it in my vaporizer: works great!
concentrate-containers.gif
Be careful with q-tip... I think they use some adhesive to glue Cotton on Stick..

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I wanted to vape the glue, but it was hard getting it off, and it took forever for no return.... :) :)

*Almost ran out of QTIPS during 1st Covid wave, realized how much I use them of all vape tools!
I always try and get the 5 pack, @625 in each.

Unlike Macbill, I only use them for cleaning...... :)

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I use these...AU$2 for 600, I once walked out with 5x packs and got a couple of wry smiles from peeps in the know!
Cotton wrapped on a paper shaft, pretty natural. :tup:
Unlike Macbill, I only use them for cleaning...... :)
Unlike Macbill I only use silicon pucks for my rosin, tried glass...once, but it was a pain to get all the scraps.

btka

No glue on q-tips, I got schooled here on FC about their manufacturing when others suggested the same...go for it, great idea @macbill!
WHAT ARE Q-TIPS® COTTON SWABS MADE OF?
Q-tips® cotton swabs are made with 100% pure cotton (non-sterile)- all natural materials (unlike some other cotton swab brands). The applicator is made of bonded paper and paperboard which is sustainably sourced and specially manufactured to retain its form and to allow for flexibility and safety in use. Adhesive is used to maintain the attachment of the cotton fiber to the applicator.

Maybe q-tips specialy Made For dabbing or so do Not have glue...

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Well there ya go! I said they used glue ages ago and got shot down as stoopid...got told imagine all that glue being spun up at high speed in a factory. I must say most cotton buds I have used have a small dent on the shaft to facilitate wrapping the bud with cotton. So different seller/manufacturers use different methods...who would have guessed.

hd_rider

I like to dab on the weekends and stick to flower during the week. What I usually do with my old concentrate jars is to heat them up a little bit to liquify the remaining goo and then add some ground weed. I then use a toothpick to stir the weed around to soak up the concentrate. I'll then vape that weed as a special treat.

JCat

Accessory Maker
WHAT ARE Q-TIPS® COTTON SWABS MADE OF?
Q-tips® cotton swabs are made with 100% pure cotton (non-sterile)- all natural materials (unlike some other cotton swab brands). The applicator is made of bonded paper and paperboard which is sustainably sourced and specially manufactured to retain its form and to allow for flexibility and safety in use. Adhesive is used to maintain the attachment of the cotton fiber to the applicator.

Maybe q-tips specialy Made For dabbing or so do Not have glue...
I talked about this 4 years ago: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cotton-swabs-q-tips-safety-materials-thoughts.29822/

At the time, Q-Tip's FAQ listed the adhesive as Methocel.

Still don't really have an answer as to the safety.

iamallison

Hi chiming in, I forget where I saw it, but take a plastic straw, at one end, cut at an angle and use that to scrape all the good stuff into another container.
It's works great actually lol. I also use a terp pen to just dab straight out of the jars

TerpzChaser

I like to dab on the weekends and stick to flower during the week. What I usually do with my old concentrate jars is to heat them up a little bit to liquify the remaining goo and then add some ground weed. I then use a toothpick to stir the weed around to soak up the concentrate. I'll then vape that weed as a special treat.
A little concentrate, a little flower, and some keif makes a weekend treat so noice!

Top Bottom