How do you vape in public?

seriousTone

Gotta say, my brother got me into the oil cartridges. You screw them into a battery such as the “hush pen” and it really is the smartest and most inconspicuous way to do it in public, hands down.

5 Taps in the bottom turns it in, 3 taps changes temp. Two taps to preheat it otherwise - just inhale. Nobody bats an eye, looks just like an ecig.

Def smells like fresh weed on the exhale. Takes a few min to feel it but goddamn can the eff you up.

I’m kin of spoiled from them now because now even my vapcap and dugout seem like a hassle although the different highs are a nice change.

withoutbliss

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Gotta say, my brother got me into the oil cartridges. You screw them into a battery such as the “hush pen” and it really is the smartest and most inconspicuous way to do it in public, hands down.

5 Taps in the bottom turns it in, 3 taps changes temp. Two taps to preheat it otherwise - just inhale. Nobody bats an eye, looks just like an ecig.

Def smells like fresh weed on the exhale. Takes a few min to feel it but goddamn can the eff you up.

I’m kin of spoiled from them now because now even my vapcap and dugout seem like a hassle although the different highs are a nice change.

+1

simplywonderful

Once upon a time when I used to vape, I accidentally switched on my mighty in my pocket while traveling in a car. before that I had nice sesh outside, the car started to reek and then this lady came to the car sign some papers for me. First thing she mentioned, how strange smell I have in car,:shrug: I had a twig from outside from pine tree so I told her yes I got a twig in here, then second time she bringed up I picked up the twig and put it right over her nose and told her see this is the twig, this is exactly what you smelled she was like : I dont think... I was like : exactly whole car smells with this little beuatiful twig isnt it just wonderful ? ...:science::goon::myday::nope:
Now I only do yoga :D got eyes like shiva when I meditate, I bet people think that Im high as fuck, and I am without consuming and getting healthy more flexible and aware each time. :freak::haw:

cascades

Personally, if I want to use cannabis in public, I simply bring a vial of home made tincture with me. That is very discreet. i keep it in a container labeled as a medication.

If you whip out a good, portable vaporizer, you have established a) you are cannabis user b) you have a little more money than some folks. IMHO that is combination that is problematic to broadcast.

I don't get out much, so this isn't much of an issue. I've dosed tincture on a bus without anyone noticing.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Personally, if I want to use cannabis in public, I simply bring a vial of home made tincture with me. That is very discreet. i keep it in a container labeled as a medication.

If you whip out a good, portable vaporizer, you have established a) you are cannabis user b) you have a little more money than some folks. IMHO that is combination that is problematic to broadcast.

I don't get out much, so this isn't much of an issue. I've dosed tincture on a bus without anyone noticing.

This is something I've been meaning to do. Never attempted making tincture as yet...but I've meant to look into it.

I have the Arizer Solo 2, which has a glass stem that looks like a straw. I take an extra large paper coffee cup or big gulp container and I poke a large hole at the top to accomodate the glass stem at the top when the vapourizer unit is in the cup. It looks exactly like a normal straw and ,when I'm sipping on vapour, it looks like I'm drinking from it and no one knows the wiser.

Last edited:

cascades

A really simple way to make tincture: Every morning take your ABV and put it in a mason jar with everclear in it. just do that every days for a couple weeks. Set it aside for a say a month and in the meant time fill up a couple more jars.

That curing mix will keep for years. After at least a month, strain the fiber out with Cheese cloth. You can set that into a class bowl and let the alcohol evaporate completely or just enough to get to the strength you want.

I personally let all the alcohol evaporate and then dilute with a mix of coconut oil and olive oil. The oil keeps it all very liquid and helps it absorb better.

You can also start with flower, but you have to decarb that first and it needs to be ground finely.

I might try a commercial tincture before messing with this yourself just so you know what to shoot for. You can take a good tincture under your tongue for faster effect of shorter duration or just put it in tea/coffee for a longer effect with more delay.

The approach above is pretty simple. The big safety issue: keep everclear away from an open flame. it is very volatile.

Some folks take alcohol based tinctures directly. I find them irritating and evaporate the alcohol and replace with oil.

This is something I've been meaning to do. Never attempted making tincture as yet...but I've meant to look into it.

seriousTone

A really simple way to make tincture: Every morning take your ABV and put it in a mason jar with everclear in it. just do that every days for a couple weeks. Set it aside for a say a month and in the meant time fill up a couple more jars.

That curing mix will keep for years. After at least a month, strain the fiber out with Cheese cloth. You can set that into a class bowl and let the alcohol evaporate completely or just enough to get to the strength you want.

I personally let all the alcohol evaporate and then dilute with a mix of coconut oil and olive oil. The oil keeps it all very liquid and helps it absorb better.

You can also start with flower, but you have to decarb that first and it needs to be ground finely.

I might try a commercial tincture before messing with this yourself just so you know what to shoot for. You can take a good tincture under your tongue for faster effect of shorter duration or just put it in tea/coffee for a longer effect with more delay.

The approach above is pretty simple. The big safety issue: keep everclear away from an open flame. it is very volatile.

Some folks take alcohol based tinctures directly. I find them irritating and evaporate the alcohol and replace with oil.
I made an abc tincture once. I basically did what you did except simmered the tincture to evaporate the tincture into a thicker, still alcohol based tincture.

I like your idea of replacing the evaporated alcohol with oil. Did you wait until all the alcohol was evaporated and then mix in oil or add or as the alcohol evaporated?

I don’t save much abv anymore because i mainly use my vapcap and heat it till dark brown and blow that shit the hell out of there but maybe I’ll do some again.

EDIT: What would it be called if you evaporated the alcohol fully and just kept the thc sludge? left behind?

cascades

I just let the alcohol evaporate until I don't smell it any more. That only takes a day or two when it is warm. I don't think that is long enough to make a product that is safe to smoke, but it is fine for sublingual or edibles.

I have not run a test on oil made from ABV. FECO is Full extract Cannabis oil made from flower. I haven't heard a term, but one that might suit is PECO Partial Extract Cannabis oil(assuming you strain out the fiber).

The cannabinoids in ABV PECO will be those with a higher vaporization temperature and what those art will depend on the temperature you used to vape. THCV seems to some real benefits but if someone is vaping at 190C, that will be all left in their ABV.

I'm not sure how much THC/CBD would be left in ABV compared to flower. My guess is less than 20% of what you started with.

I made an abc tincture once. I basically did what you did except simmered the tincture to evaporate the tincture into a thicker, still alcohol based tincture.

I like your idea of replacing the evaporated alcohol with oil. Did you wait until all the alcohol was evaporated and then mix in oil or add or as the alcohol evaporated?

I don’t save much abv anymore because i mainly use my vapcap and heat it till dark brown and blow that shit the hell out of there but maybe I’ll do some again.

EDIT: What would it be called if you evaporated the alcohol fully and just kept the thc sludge? left behind?

Last edited:

simplywonderful

Once I collected good amount of abv, I bought some seeded cbd legal flower. Then grinded it, put it into a jar and then pressure cooked the jar. It decarbed it and extacted this dark greenish gold goodness which is very good for stings/ bruises/ arthritis/ muscle aches. You can make caps with it good medicine, thanks for this forum for this recipe which makes making coconut infused oil easy:D may it help your health/wealth:myday:

simplywonderful

forgot to add that the lid on the jar, it cannot be screwed, better to add some cotton and cover it with aluminum or something like that, to avoid sterilisation, pressure cooking is ideal, and you dont need no decarb at all! After minutes you get amazing stuff to sieve! tried with coconut oil

simplywonderful,
Reactions: rnartian

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I'd probably only be interested in doing it with fresh, decarbed material. As ABV does not have enough stuff left in it. (I still save my ABV for other purposes).

Of course, if I were going to make a tincture with ABV (might be especially useful when I have joint-pain flare-ups), would water-curing it first be worth it to remove unwanted flavors?

Ramahs,

cascades

ABout 10-30% of the THC is left in ABV. Also, there are some cannabinoids like THCV that have a higher vaporization temperature than THC.

https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/potency-of-vaped-weed.1226291/

I haven't had a problem with the flavor.

I store my vape pretty much as I vape it. it is decarbed by the vape process, if you put it in alcohol, it stays that way for years.

I'd probably only be interested in doing it with fresh, decarbed material. As ABV does not have enough stuff left in it. (I still save my ABV for other purposes).

Of course, if I were going to make a tincture with ABV (might be especially useful when I have joint-pain flare-ups), would water-curing it first be worth it to remove unwanted flavors?

cascades,

Prophecy

I vape only in places where not so many people cross my way, for example if i go by bike in the nature out of the city.
Im not a big fan of masses of peoples i prefer more the quietness and sound from the nature otherwise i vape at home on the balkony and than i go out when i go to places with many people.

C No Ego

I vape only in places where not so many people cross my way, for example if i go by bike in the nature out of the city.
Im not a big fan of masses of peoples i prefer more the quietness and sound from the nature otherwise i vape at home on the balkony and than i go out when i go to places with many people.
yeah man the outlook from most people is severely negative,. just stay away from them LOL...let em work it out ETC

C No Ego,
Reactions: Prophecy

fogbank

The Pax Era is the stealthiest vaporizer I own. I have a tri-fold wallet, and the Era is actually small enough that I can put it in my wallet and fold the outer flap over it. It doesn't fit in with the bills, but just on top of the two folds, so the third fold can cover it. I do that when passing through metal detectors at sporting events or amusement parks. Put my wallet (with Era inside), keys, and cell phone in the plastic tray, then walk right through the metal detector. Even outside of my wallet it looks just like a USB stick. I can use it in public restroom stalls. It produces a lot of vapor, so others could see the cloud, but the smell of the strains I've tried is not very "weedy" at all.

Runner up for stealth is the Grasshopper, which uses dry herbs. It produces essentially zero odor when in use. It's easy to conceal (I keep mine in leather pen sleeves). It looks like a large pen. I remove the battery and pack it in my checked luggage when I fly. I keep the battery in my laptop bag. If someone inspects my luggage and presses the clicker on the Grasshopper nothing will happen because there's no battery inside. I clean it before packing it. The Grasshopper is the least stealthy when in use, as you look like you're sucking on a large pen. I think this is more suspicious than a device that looks like a box mod.

I do have a box mod that I use C-cell carts with. I haven't used it in public.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I've been reading all these replies of you guys vaping in public and it seems like not only a hassle but I would be freaking out trying to seem inconspicuous doing it. (Hiding it in cups, whips through your sleeves, etc.) I guess this is where the mflb really shines because as @TokesandJokes says, I'd consider it an ultra portable vape. Being able to hide it in the palm of my hand, push the battery in, bring it to my mouth - draw, let go of the battery and put it back in my pocket, all within 30 seconds or so is super nice and efficient.

I agree about the MFLB but i find native mode harsh. When I'm outside and want to vape, an oil cart and battery (I use the istick mini or an automatic pen type battery) garners no attention. Confidence is key. It's just like when you walk into a restaurant, etc,. to use their bathroom; you act like you belong and confidently ask to be directed to the stalls. Otherwise you feel like an outlaw with a loaded bladder. Same goes with vaping in public - act like you belong.

slozukimc

I agree about the MFLB but i find native mode harsh. When I'm outside and want to vape, an oil cart and battery (I use the istick mini or an automatic pen type battery) garners no attention. Confidence is key. It's just like when you walk into a restaurant, etc,. to use their bathroom; you act like you belong and confidently ask to be directed to the stalls. Otherwise you feel like an outlaw with a loaded bladder. Same goes with vaping in public - act like you belong.
Exactly. I don’t hide the Herc. I walk around with it like anyone would with an ecig vape. No one questions it.

fogbank

I agree about the MFLB but i find native mode harsh.

The biggest stealth killer that I experienced with the MFLB was combustion. I recall it happened a number of times when I still used the MFLB exclusively. Even with the technique that I felt was "perfect" I experienced a few random combustion events.

Weed smoke is way more detectable by more people than weed vapor.

jofu

The vape oil pens are really made for stealth. Often times no bigger than a ball point pen, many favorite strains easily available, and ease of use make these an easy choice for out and about. Some don't even have a off/on button, just grip it and rip it. While they can be a bit harsh for big lung hitters, using a controlled mouth pull technique produces whatever type of toke you prefer. Hit it a little, hit it a lot, put it in your pocket, pull it out and hit it again. While I prefer flower, it's not always the easiest thing to partake in public. Hit a vape pen in public, looks like you're just hitting some type of e-cig. Unnnless.......... they're close enough to smell the wonderful aroma you've chosen at the moment, and if that's the case, might as well offer it up to them, right?

Top Bottom