How did you discover vaping?

throwawaytre3s

I only recently started vaping in about June. I picked up an arizer EQ from PIU, and it was love since then. What piqued my interest as initially how efficient it was! I loved the idea of having abv to use, and how much you could get out of so little. Only then did I come to appreciate the effects of vaping. How much easier it is on the lungs, and how much cleaner it feels. I still haven't fucked combustion entirely, nor do i intend to (for now), but the majority of my bud will be used vaping once I can smoke again. So how about you guys?

ginolicious

I only vape. Quit weed for 2 years. Then got back into vaping so it would be easier on my lungs. I use to be a half ounce a week through a bong.

First time I had a vape was volcano in a vape type place called kindred cafe in Toronto. Closed down. Long gone now. Think it was in 2007 or 2005.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I too only vape, but only since about September when I purchased my eq.

I didn't just stumble across a vapouriser. I made a decision to quit tobacco first, so I started my trying to smoke pure weed. This was hard on my lungs, and even harder on my wallet, I live in uk.

After I discovered that smoking pure was not an option, I went and spent 30 quid on a cheap Chinese conduction dome vape. This was truly shite, used more herb than smoking and didn't get me that high, I was on the verge of going back to combustion, when I started researching vaping online to try to improve my experience.

This lead me to FC. I did much reading while combusting again, and finally in September decided on my eq, and the rest is history.

I'm now a proud, non smoking, vapor connoisseur. And I'm never going back.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
I'm not sure how I found out about herbal vapes. Like @kellya86 I quit smoking tobacco and was only smoking pure joints or out of a pipe. This still choked me up and I felt my lungs were not getting the much needed rest they so desired. I think my Dad told me about his friends Davinci. Or maybe I suddenly realised what the fuck those strange silver pyramid machines were in the Amsterdam coffee shops. Vapecritic was my initial go to adviser when making my first purchases, as was FC.

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
I second @kellya86 , though I was introduced to the idea by a friend who had a new Snoop Dogg G-Pen going begging, so I bought it off him for 20 quid as I tried to kick the tobacco as I had promised to give up smoking if the wife fell pregnant!

When I realised that Snoop Dogg lied and it wasn't a true vapouriser and it still combusted, I started to do some research as pure weed in a G-Pen is still smoking!

I found FC and well here we are, passing on the love :love:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@1DMF , everyone I try to educate about vaping thinks that g pen is the pinnacle of vapourizers, how did he achieve this with such a shit product. Why does no body know of a solo or pax or haze.

Maybe snoop should have spent more on R and D and less on marketing.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
At first I was searching for a wax pen. Stil smoking joint&bowls but wanted a pen for on the go got a micro g from reading B/S reviews and they were junk.
Freind found omicron and FC. Told me about it. I bought a persei and all was good.Then in hospital for 29 days get out no oil fire up a fatty didnt work well with the heart. Next day back in hospital congestive heart failure another7 days. Became addicted to FC in the hospital its all down hill from there I'm a vape snob....
Quit cigs5 1/2 yrs ago cold turkey with the help of heart disease.
Vape on & Fuck Combustion

Vitolo

Vaporist
Have not combusted since Nov. 2010
I discovered Vaping in 1970, when a friend gave me a dome vaporizer.
hs3ka9.jpg

I liked the feeling of the vapor as opposed to smoke... but those were very social days, and there were always a group of people that also wished to get medicated, which made the dome system impractical so I combusted on.... experimenting with vapor using Eagle Bill's Shake and Bake glass pipe for a number of years
In 2003 I missed vapor's rich flavors, and was no longer the social animal I was... and decided that the market was ripe for more productive vaporization tools... and I decided to become familiar with them all.
We be Vapin'

djonkoman

I had a kind of weird start with weed. it all started when I was 14(or maybe 13, but pretty sure it was 14), when a friend found some plants somewhere out in the bush(well, small area close to houses). at that point I didn't smoke, nor did any of my friends. the friend who found the plants had rather strict parents, so when he told about it, I said I could ask my parents if I could keep the plant(that friend had kept 1 plant behind and reported the rest to the police).

so my parents said it was ok, but the deal I made with them was that I was allowed to grow, but not allowed to smoke it till I turned 16(since at the time, the agelimit for buying alcohol here was 16).

but, I didn't really know anything about weed. my only encounter with weed was when I was playing with a friend on the local playground, we saw some older boys leaving and my friend said it smelt like weed(I had no idea what it smelt like).

so I went into google to find out everything about weed, how it makes you feel, how to grow it, etc. that first plant was pretty much a failure(didn't even yield 1 gram, my mother had a scale that went up to 20 or 50 granms I think, and it didn't even register on that scale), but over the wintrer I ordered some seeds online and with my knowledge acquired trough google I had a good harvest the next fall.

and on my google-expedition, I inevitably also stumbled upon vaporizers. as a kid that never smoked anything(well, except a big roll of cardboard when I was 6), it seemed really interesting.

so, while my plants were growing, I smoked weed for the first time the day after my 15th birthday(by that time some of my friends had started smoking weed), but I didn't get high. later after my harvest was in, I learned to roll joints, and since I had plenty of weed anyway, I always rolled pure(with tobacco is the norm here), and I managed to get high.

but I still was really interested in vaporizers, so as my 16th birthday was aproaching, I looked more into it and decided on getting the vaporgenie(since, being a 15 year old, I wasn't particularly rich, and it was the cheapest that seemed good). I needed a credit card to order it though, since I ordered it from the US, but around here creditcards aren't exactly common. the only person I knew who had a creditcard was my grandmother, so I convinced her to let me use it to order a vaporgenie. eventually it arriuved a week before my birthday, but since my birthday was close and I already had it I convinced my parents to let me use it already, and that's how I started vaping.

although, even before that I already had some minor vape-experiences. I had some testtubes laying around that I ordered online to keep ants(the most common antspecies around here is lasius niger, and in late summer on a warm, moist day, when you feel thunder will happen soon, you can scoop the antqueens from the streets by the dozens, they're everywhere), since I could only order them by the box, containing at least 50 testtubes. so since I had extra testtubes, and plenty of weed, I tried to vape it by putting some weed in a testtube and heating it above a candle. barely got any vapor, but the taste was delicious, and I did get high from it once.

throwawaytre3s

I could ask my parents if I could keep the plant(that friend had kept 1 plant behind and reported the rest to the police).

so my parents said it was ok, but the deal I made with them was that I was allowed to grow, but not allowed to smoke it till I turned 16(since at the time, the agelimit for buying alcohol here was 16).

so I went into google to find out everything about weed, how it makes you feel, how to grow it, etc. that first plant was pretty much a failure(didn't even yield 1 gram, my mother had a scale.

That's absolutely fsscinsting, it sounds like you have really chill parents!

throwawaytre3s,
Reactions: NorVape

djonkoman

yeah somehow I didn't really doubt if I would like weed, I just wanted to know as much as possible about it before trying it out.

and avoiding tobacco also had an extra reason: I had a deal with my parents that I would get 1000 euros when I turned 18 with the condition I didn't smoke till then. the deal I made when I was younger(my parents had a similar deal with their parents, lots of people I know too, although for most instead of a set amount of money the deal involved their parents paying for their driver's license). when weed came around I argued that weed shouldn't count, since the deal was made with tobacco in mind(although the literal words hyad always been 'smoking', so they could've aplied it to weed too), and they went along with my arguments.

I did try tobacco though, a drag from a cig right after my first joint, but I didn't like it. I now do roll joints with tobacco btw, rolling pure would be way too expensive(no own harvest at the moment), but I only buy tobacco for joints and one pouch lasts 2-3 months or so. no interest at all in smoking tobacco without weed.

and my parents are really chill indeed, they always gave me a lot of responsibility(for example, I had friends whose parents regulated what hey could spend their allowance on, while my parents didn't care about my own money. once I made 50 euro's on queen's day market, kind of like a garage sale but national, and I blew trough that money in 2 days since I considered myself rich. then regretted spending it that quickly, and having bought a lot of stuff that was kinda cool but not really worth it, so after that I was a lot more carefull buying stuff when I suddenly got a lot of money).

but it probably also had to do with how I was as a kid, I've noticed they treat my 10 year younger brother differently, I wouldn't accept a rule unless they explained why I should obey it, while on my little brother the 'because I said so'-reasons work better. so I could get a lot of stretching in the rules by presenting good reasons(like for example keeping ants, at first my mother wouldn't allow ants into the house at all, but trough negotiating I got her done to allowing ants indoor, but I couldn't get her to allow me to put them in the fridge during winter for their wintersleep, which is also why my colonies died after the 1st year). on the other hand, if I agreed to a rule, I was usually pretty good in following it even if there was no one watching who could punish me. my brother gets punished all the time(or at least, he got when I still lived there, I think he behaves better now since he's a bit older), while I only got punished a few times troughout my time living with my parents. negotiating deals was more common. another example: I didn't want to tidy up my room. deal that came out of it: I was allowed to leave my room as messy as I wanted, as long as I cleaned and vacuumed myself at least every 2 weeks, and there was enough free walking space.

hmm, that got kind of long... I'm kind of in a memories-mood, maybe has to do with the haze I just vaped... also, I'm really hungry, so I'm going to make dinner now.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I am pretty sure I found out about vaporizing through Bluelight in late 2012 & ordered an EQ in the middle of one of my trademark solo benzo benders sometime around newyear as I received it in early January. I did not have a good start with vaping & was quite haphazard with my vaping. In fact the only time I would vape was when I would vape kief out of my grinder & that gave huge clouds in my biggest bongs I had.

That all changed when I decided I needed to quit smoking tobacco. When smoking 25-30 a day costs nearly as much as smoking 2g of good buds a day something has to give. I have not had a ciggy in over 12 weeks now but the plan started in April or May by switching to vaporizing from combusting. This has allowed me to quit a 25 year cigarette habit & the fact I no longer smoke cannabis is a great bonus. Now I would not dream of smoking as I always mixed my weed & tobacco.

justcametomind

Discovered vaping like 15 years ago, with a Shake and Vape sort of lamp, vaporizer.
I had already seen those dome vapes on every smartshop but thought they were probably crap. Didn't imagine they were around since the 70! And they were sort of effective too.
BTW I quit smoking all along with cannabis for many years and then started again with vaping when I discovered the MFLB somewhere online, probably here since I subscribed and got infected with VAS immediately after.
Partially immune to GAS, or at least I'm ok with cheap glass and just 4/5 of them, other than a (not so cheap) Hydratube. I would be ok even with cheap, open source vapes but there isn't many atm.

justcametomind,
Reactions: DDave

AJS

Calm Consistency
I wanted to smoke weed everywhere, and my friend told me the MFLB made it easy.
Got the MFLB in 2012 and loved it soooooo much.
Eventually hit my friend's E-Nano in early 2015....joined FC in May 2015
Realized how much I wanted to 100% FUCK combustion, which the MFLB could never do for me (even though I loved it immensely)
Purchased an E-Nano so I would never smoke at home and so I could conserve infinite amounts, and got an Arizer Air so I would NEVER smoke on the go, despite everyone else passing that pipe.
Eventually got the LSV to make the process of getting 4+ people stoned wayyyyyy easier compared to my Log. ..... And Despite the Nano being extremely powerful to heavy combustion users who are new vapists....the LSV can really just punch someone in the face for a KO if I really want it to.

Once you try a vape....a REAL hard hitting vape, there is literally no reason why anyone would ever want to smoke....Other than their addiction to smoke/byproduct asphyxiation. bleh

I discovered vaping in the early 2000's with a shitty gumball type vape a buddy bought out of curiosity, was thoroughly unimpressed and ignored vaping until another buddy came through with a volcano. I liked the 'cano pretty well but it certainly didn't "fuck combustion" for me by any means, it wasn't until I used a mflb that I realized vaping was a real viable option for me.

A few years later I decided Ive done enough foul shit to my body and decided to fuck combustion completely with the help of this site and have been pissing away my money ever since :) .

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker
A friend introduced me to it years back but it did not take, then you guys convinced me to try it again this spring.

It took.

I think the Chinese discovered vaping in 1402, I know because I was in 1403 and they kept me up all night..

Ba dump dump... Old mash joke... :)

jim-bob

About 1999, I'm in San Jose working on some dumb trade show. A fellow electrician invites me to his room after the first day of tech, and I head on up.

He goes to the closet, pulls out his suitcase, pulls a duffle bag out of that, and pulls a Pelican case out of the duffle. Opens it up like some kind of crazy sniper rifle kit and pulls out a bong, a heat gun, and a bunch of weird glass.

That night the Vriptech/Steinel team-up pretty much tore my head off. Bought a heat gun and vriptech rig from that guy the next day.

I wasn't quite crazy enough to haul all that crap around with me, though, so while I'd vaporize at home from 1999 on, I still depended on my good ol' stainless one-hitter for hotel room and walkabout duty.

I don't think that changed until the VG and MFLB showed up, and even then I still carried the one-hitter 'just in case'.

These days there are tons of options so the only time I inhale smoke is when someone that doesn't know any better passes me a joint and I don't feel like rocking the boat..

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I just remembered the first time I discovered vaping but I had no idea what it was. I had an old metal desk lamp that would have been made in the early 80's & lets just say it got hot & I mean fucking hot. There is no way this would pass any safety standard these days as this thing was a burn machine :lol:.

So I scored some buds but it was slightly damp & I decided to put them on a saucer, bending the lamp down over the saucer so it was like a little oven. The lamp shield was about the size of a coke can & it was on a gooseneck like the Aromed. I was only 15 or 16 at the time & just wanted to smoke up :).

After a couple of minutes I lifted the lamp & saw what I now know to be a smallish amount of vapour rising from the buds on the saucer (I thought it was steam). The buds were quite crispy & ended up tasting like shit I recall. I don't remember if it got me any more or less high but after vaping a .3 bowl I somehow ended up remembering that lamp from when I was a kid & tying this post.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
In late June of this year, I had just ordered my first high-end grinder (large 4-piece Santa Cruz Shredder), but I still wanted to read about grinders while I waited for it to arrive. Google led me to the FC grinder thread.

Considering there is no better grinder discussion on the internet, I kept reading the grinder thread even after my grinder arrived. The more I read, the more I realized almost no one goes back to smoking after they start vaping.

Once the seed was planted, I think the two biggest influences were the fact that I was sick of my lungs hurting and I had read that vaporizing can be two or three times more efficient than combustion. That's really all it should take for a reasonable person to convert.

I did a little bit of vaporizer research and soon ordered an Aromed. Ordered an Arizer Air a couple weeks later. They are still the only two vaporizers I have ever seen in person.

Top Bottom