Hot air soldering Station------> Safe ?

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Hennessy1414,

Auralis

Who knows? It's tough to be sure as to whether or not that wouldn't give off unsafe fumes or something. But wouldn't you be better off just buying a heat gun from a home improvement store and knowing what the hell you're getting?

Auralis,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Auralis said:
Who knows? It's tough to be sure as to whether or not that wouldn't give off unsafe fumes or something. But wouldn't you be better off just buying a heat gun from a home improvement store and knowing what the hell you're getting?
as sketchy if not more

Hennessy1414,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
potatobass, it's pretty unlikely that a soldering station was designed with inhalation as a consideration, maybe the best you could do is ask if it's ROHS compliant and for info on the materials in the airpath.

Hennessy, if you don't have anything helpful to add, why respond? Didn't you close this thread already? :\

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
to me if the material are not toxic , it look like a cheap workable vap ;)

edit: wow 75 euro !! humm not that cheap ...:/ if your not sure get a dbv

Clear_Dome,

Auralis

Clear_Dome said:
to me if the material are not toxic , it look like a cheap workable vap ;)

edit: wow 75 euro !! humm not that cheap ...:/ if your not sure get a dbv
Agreed. Just go get a VaporWarez or something if money's your concern and do it right.

Auralis,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Just go get a VaporWarez or something if money's your concern and do it right.
The problem for those who don't live in the country of origin the price + shipping + exchange rate differences could mean the DIY option is a good one. For me to get a 3G Vaporcannon to my door is going to cost me $309 kiwi dollars! Its not that I can't afford it its more justifying it when I already have 2 vapes. Yet I can get a variable temp soldering iron station with a ceramic heating rod soldering iron included for under $100 locally. With parts from a headshop for under $125 I could have a vape thats better than anything sold in NZ for under $250. Of course I only know this now after doing so much research and being part of this community.

I'd rather have a VaporCannon or DBV than my vaporite anyday but I'm seriuosly leaning towards making my own. But I'm also inheritantly lazy and find it hard to motivate myself when I can just plug in and vap with what I already have. And for all the vaporites failings I have it pretty wired now. meh ... I want an open door to all those great American vaporizing products. Fuck we dont even have gong attachements available locally. :rolleyes:

vaporcloud,

potatobass

Yes you're right....and you know i'm just waiting for my PD :D so i won't buy these kind of thing...Maybe a Steinel heat gun with the Vrip glass bong and chamber... it's just that, sometimes, i have the occasion to buy these kind of DIY tools at a very reasonable price. :cool: if i can get a Steinel at 50 ? , i'll take it!!
Thx all you boys and girls!

potatobass,

dtkenmo

Ken Moren
The unit on ebay is a Chinese knock-off of a now discontinued unit made by Hakko (Japanese). I would have concerns re the safety of inhaling what comes out of that Kada unit and perhaps even the Hakko as they were never intended for this purpose (vaporization).

Me, I'm getting an Extreme, but am also intrigued by the PD unit, which I was unaware of before arriving here.

BTW, I am some what familiar with hot-air (and other SMD rework) equipment as I use it in my work as an electronic technician (build, modify & service prototype circuit boards).

dtkenmo,
Top Bottom