Hopper io Shipping Discussion

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
I have a warranty replacement sent from HL on 7/20 that is still tracking as having left Nebraska. "It's running late but still on its way..." Every day at noon for the past 5 days they just update the "still in transit" thing to today's date. I don't have a good feeling about this one...

Those are fake scans. Your package is probably buried underneath a sea of other late packages. USPS has a new postmaster and his way of making usps profitable is to remove all overtime for employees. As a result, everything except "priority express" will be late. 5000ish express packages will also be late every day. You can have your shipping refunded to you if you chose priority express and the delivery is late. Calling won't help. Your only recourse is to lodge a help request form here: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Good luck!

WhyAreWeWaiting

Those are fake scans. Your package is probably buried underneath a sea of other late packages. USPS has a new postmaster and his way of making usps profitable is to remove all overtime for employees. As a result, everything except "priority express" will be late. 5000ish express packages will also be late every day. You can have your shipping refunded to you if you chose priority express and the delivery is late. Calling won't help. Your only recourse is to lodge a help request form here: https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Good luck!
That probably explains why my package "left" Chicago International Distribution Center up to 3 times a day for 2 weeks.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Make sure you're checking your mailbox, I had a package that arrived last week that sat in the mailbox for a few days, I just assumed it was nowhere near here as the tracking still showed a pre-shipment scan as if it hadn't even been processed through a post office yet.

WhyAreWeWaiting

Make sure you're checking your mailbox, I had a package that arrived last week that sat in the mailbox for a few days, I just assumed it was nowhere near here as the tracking still showed a pre-shipment scan as if it hadn't even been processed through a post office yet.
Interesting you should say that because according to the USPS tracking the last known location for mine was Dublin Airport on Saturday. I expected it to be scanned by the Irish PO and show up on their tracking system. But it was delivered today, is still in Dublin Airport according to USPS, and still isn't recognised by the Irish PO tracking system even though they've delivered it.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
That probably explains why my package "left" Chicago International Distribution Center up to 3 times a day for 2 weeks.

I should have been more specific. A "leaving X facility" scan is real. A scan that says "package in transit, arriving [late/on time]" isn't a real scan. You probably had something else weird happen due to the new circumstances though.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
This conversation has very little to do with io's?
I have been getting great mail & package service from USPS right along. Tracking can be inaccurate, but my packages have been 'on time' or better. All "priority mail" or first class.
It' is not surprising that some things get lost in the sauce sometimes, it happens with all the carriers to varying degrees.
When we harp on a shipping issue it can imply that the company may be at fault and that is not the case here. These are postal issues.

slozukimc

I have been getting great mail & package service from USPS right along. Tracking can be inaccurate, but my packages have been 'on time' or better. All "priority mail" or first class.
It' is not surprising that some things get lost in the sauce sometimes, it happens with all the carriers to varying degrees.
When we harp on a shipping issue it can imply that the company may be at fault and that is not the case here. These are postal issues.
How in the world could one possibly blame HL after an item has been shipped and in the USPS system?
Seems all about IO’s. Folks are waiting to get them. Shipping is part of that eh?

I am also a big advocate for the Post Office being reliable but things have been off with them more often lately. I am waiting on a package that should have been here Monday but has been stuck in Indiana I think for days now.

WhyAreWeWaiting

How in the world could one possibly blame HL after an item has been shipped and in the USPS system?
Seems all about IO’s. Folks are waiting to get them. Shipping is part of that eh?

I am also a big advocate for the Post Office being reliable but things have been off with them more often lately. I am waiting on a package that should have been here Monday but has been stuck in Indiana I think for days now.
Who blamed Hopper?

WhyAreWeWaiting,

WhyAreWeWaiting

I think this was the genesis; he was responding to my post;
I was taking a pop at USPS. However the sender is the only one who can follow up lost mail with USPS, so ultimately if the mail doesn't arrive it is the sender's responsibility to follow it up with USPS.

WhyAreWeWaiting,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I was taking a pop at USPS. However the sender is the only one who can follow up lost mail with USPS, so ultimately if the mail doesn't arrive it is the sender's responsibility to follow it up with USPS.
Sorry, I was not singling you out; you are not the only one talking shipping issues lately.
If the item does not arrive, it is HL's responsibility to get one to you by whatever means they deem appropriate. It's then their option, not obligation, to seek compensation from USPS for any loss.

Not that I enjoy quoting myself, but I'm gonna refer back to my original statement;
Sorry to derail the thread by pointing out it was veering off topic...

MoltenTiger

USPS had troubles before this, especially in Chicago. The current situation has majorly excarbated the hold ups to a point of overwhelming the system and likely everyone in it, the poor souls.
When I was waiting 3 months for them to ship my io I did a bit of reading and there are some real horror stories, mainly from people waiting similar time-frames for vital pain medications and such, there's a huge amount of every kind of disgruntled hopeful recipient being strung along and I did feel for those who were legitimately suffering. After about 1.5 months I just gave up worrying about it and stopped thinking about it as best I could. A week before it arrived I assumed it was never going to, but all of a sudden it was processed and what a relief.
The most annoying aspect is for retailers or small etsy sellers getting fucked over by a lack of scanned deliveries and all sorts of dicky situations.
During all this USPS continued to lie and knowingly give false delivery quotes and still accept 'express orders' which didn't receive any different treatment. For multiple months not a single flight was taking USPS international small parcels and there were trucks parked up in lots full of these neglected packages.
An already struggling logistical nightmare got handed a card it couldn't play and instead of addressing anything, they just strung everyone along and caused some people, thankfully not me, legitimate distress. I just got really pissed off and angry and that was good for nothing.

I hope people get their stuff soon and get that juicy relief. Good things are worth waiting for. And some things are actually needed to be handled with respect and care, like customers and medications.

Alternatively UPS just delivered me my parcel in 7 days after waiting 6 months for it to be shipped. All's well that ends well I guess.

And with the io, thats the every day. It's working so well.

Baron23

Because USPS does and always has sucked sweaty balls.

I had the same issue with my Flux Deluxe and opined to the manf that he should use FedEx or UPS ground. His reply was kind of along the lines of USPS being more affordable....as I watched my FD go from Charlotte to some small town in NC about a dozen times.....and I live in Maryland.

Its the vendor who picks the method of shipping so please do not try to convince me that they have no responsibility for the results. There is a reason why some companies ship FedEx or UPS and not USPS.

Oh, did I mention that IMO USPS sucks sweaty balls? LOL

slozukimc

Because USPS does and always has sucked sweaty balls.

I had the same issue with my Flux Deluxe and opined to the manf that he should use FedEx or UPS ground. His reply was kind of along the lines of USPS being more affordable....as I watched my FD go from Charlotte to some small town in NC about a dozen times.....and I live in Maryland.

Its the vendor who picks the method of shipping so please do not try to convince me that they have no responsibility for the results. There is a reason why some companies ship FedEx or UPS and not USPS.

Oh, did I mention that IMO USPS sucks sweaty balls? LOL
I have been in online sales for 17 years. UPS has never done me wrong. I labeled DHL delivery hopelessly lost after they lost an entire engine somewhere in Texas. I would carry my parcel myself, naked, backwards through a briar patch before I trusted Fedex to even give me a quote after they have damaged thousands of dollars in my parcels because my customers refuse to quit using them to send me shit. I can honestly count the trouble I have has with USPS on one hand in all those years. Guess we all have different luck.

OnO

Hi @VGOODIEZ I am not sure if you can help. I was told by HL it could take 60 days for my IO to reach the UK but I have had no updates since the 6th. I was receiving regular updates but now nothing. I'm just worried it is lost or stolen. Any ideas would be appreciated as I know you are extremely busy. Thanks

OnO,

VGOODIEZ

Home of the Heavies
Retailer
Hi @VGOODIEZ I am not sure if you can help. I was told by HL it could take 60 days for my IO to reach the UK but I have had no updates since the 6th. I was receiving regular updates but now nothing. I'm just worried it is lost or stolen. Any ideas would be appreciated as I know you are extremely busy. Thanks
Please send me a PM with details.

VGOODIEZ,
Reactions: OnO

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Have all the preorders gone out yet?
Short answer, no.
While we don't really know if all the SS and Ti preorders have shipped (it does seem they have, given that 'new' orders are being processed within days.
But in a strict sense, we have no idea if even one color Ti preorder io has shipped. Big hangup with color io's.

One reason offered months back was that the anodizing facility was shut down due to pandemic. But when I think back, HL was going to roll out the io product line last December when 'pandemic' was just a crossword puzzle word, but then the November '19 fire disaster hit.

Since then, 9 months to get 'back on track' or, at minimum, develop an understanding of their position in all this, where they stand and specifically what-the-heck their timeline is for color io's.
If they had time to enter "July" shipping projection, they had time to simply state something accurate, or that they simply do not know. Now August is passed and in some ways HL follows the same m.o. as years ago.

And that's my longer 'answer'.

I have been enjoying the ss io I traded up to, but in these ensuing years I definitely have allowed some other vapes into the rotation.
My current annoyance with the io is what I'll call the blast furnace effect that pours out of the intake holes (where the lights are). It surprises me that more folks have not been bothered by this. While the io is 'on' I have to keep fingers well away from those holes, which at times get just as hot (or hotter?) as the old back end (or the front end 'short' that is rare but i have a ti hopper that gets hot both places -- though not at the air holes!

My io tends to light up as if the button has been pushed, but at more or less random times, which makes me uncomfortable. Sometimes it will not shut off - with multiple clicks.
I am a big fan of the more open draw, that alone was worth the trade-in.

But my general assessment is that the io shipping now, while greatly improved, is still a work in progress.
I was on the ride full-bore with the Grasshopper for years. I purchased 4 on the original pre-order and one more in 2018.
I've reached the point with vape purchases where, if I purchase something I want the full omelet and not the eggs in a basket HL keeps sending out. (They had to replace my first io in the first week I had it, btw)

vapviking,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thx for the reply!

I'm still waiting on my ti io, with a status of processing. No worries, except they don't seem to respond to any communication channels I use. It does seem like a repeat of the last rollout, which is disappointing.

stickstones,

OnO

Finally got mine after 67 days. Not HL fault though. Seems to be working well so far. 🤞

OnO,

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
Is HL’s website and presumably the server it’s on in PST? I ordered my io on Friday @ 5:25p EST and the order confirmation said 2:25p. I know Boulder and all of CO is in MST. My order is still In Progress. I know it was a holiday weekend and was hoping it would’ve shipped on Saturday. I guess not. I’ll be curious if it does tomorrow. I haven’t received any other update. I did not notice on their site there was any delay as they’ve indicated in the past.

it’s Tuesday morning and nothing indicates any part of my order shipped. The waiting continues... :peace:

Vaporific,
Top Bottom