Holding vs not holding

stinkytofus

Some people say it doesnt matter, u absorb most of the thc within 2 seconds of inhaling

I think from personal experience, holding it gets me more lit, more intense, and longer duration

What about you guys?

stinkytofus,

asdf420

I was holding for 10-20 seconds but i think that's ridiculous now, oil accumulates on the lungs and it leads to coughing fits
5 seconds or less is ok. can't really get high with high tolerance anyway

asdf420,

Vaporware

In my experience holding a little helps, but more like 5 seconds, not as long as you can. I think that repeatedly breathing out a bit and then breathing in again does more, but I don’t know if it’s a huge difference for most people.

I don’t really bother with either much because my tolerance is pretty low right now, except when I’m using a very small amount and I want to get the most I can out of it.

Vaporware,
Reactions: C No Ego

ginolicious

Holding it in make you feel higher and is a straight head rush because it is asxiation

ginolicious,

hans solo

Left coast Canada
As I understand it when you hold your breath you trigger a drowning response and your lungs shut down and try to preserve the oxygen in the blood stream hence restricting the intake of thc.

Vaporware

Holding it in make you feel higher and is a straight head rush because it is asxiation

I think that’s true if you hold for a long time, but I don’t think it’s accurate if you hold for just a few seconds. I think that can legitimately get more of what you want into your system.

The studies people have been talking about suggest that there is no benefit to holding for a long time because you get what you can out of it in a few seconds, but if you immediately breathe it back out you don’t have that few seconds with the full amount of air/vapor in your lungs.

It still works since most of it has been in there longer, but if for example you use a vaporizer that starts slow and ramps up vapor production toward the end of the draw, if you breathe it back out immediately that large amount of vapor you got at the end will be in your lungs more like 1-2 seconds instead of 5, which according to the study would mean you could probably get more out of it, right?

The alternative would seem to be that any draw of more than 5 seconds beyond the beginning of vapor production is useless, and we know that’s not true.

Oh, and I think that breathing out slowly should have about the same effect as holding for a few seconds, it’s just if you take a lot of vapor into your lungs and immediately blow it out quickly I think that’s probably not making full use of it.

stinkytofus

Try it today and tmr, today exhale within 2 seconds of inhaling and tmr try 10 seconds inhale, i personally think, holding it longer gets u higher 100%

Last edited:
stinkytofus,
Reactions: asdf420

seriousTone

I breath in as deep as I can and hold it for a few seconds. Exhale slowly, the first second or two you won’t see anything come out but as soon as vapor is exhaled, I breath in deeply again and keep repeating.

I believe this method is the only method that works. The lungs can only absorb a set amount of vapor. As you do this you’ll see it takes longer for vapor to start being exhaled because as you exhale air you make room for more vapor to be absorbed until it all is.

But then again, what do I know?

Top Bottom