Highly Portable Vape

username_not_found

Hi everyone,

I've been using vapes for about 8 years now, first with the Arizer Solo and now with the Arizer Solo 2. Currently I use my vape primarily at home but I'm keen to get one that's stealthier/more portable so I can use it while on walks with my dog. I don't need it to be able to vape oils/concentrates.

Criteria (from most important to least important)
  • My budget is around £250 ($300)
  • Discreet
  • Easy to maintain/clean
  • Taste of vapor and cleanliness of the airpath
  • High efficiency
Current ideas (open to suggestions)
  • DaVinci IQC
  • Pax 3
  • Grasshopper
  • Fury Edge V2
  • TinyMighty
    • With the wood and the glass stem, I'm not sure this one is discreet enough

I hope I've covered everything but I'm happy answering any questions

Any advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
username_not_found,

Vaporware

I would add a used Firewood 7 or upcoming Firewood 8 to the list (or a used Nomad or Toad but those are very hard to come by), but otherwise if you think you want on demand convection the TinyMight is the way to go in my opinion. If you’d prefer slow conduction sessions where the load is continuously heated as you use it the IQ2 or IQC (which is newer but not a direct upgrade) should be good.

As for the others, the Fury line has a fair amount of love but I doubt many would put them above a TM, the Pax is more like the DaVinci lineup but not the one I’d go with personally (although it is pretty discreet on the size/shape…not so discreet on smell like anything with an oven constantly cooking), and the Grasshopper is great if it works and you can handle the short vapor path natively, but the company and support issues mean I can’t recommend it.

To be clear I haven’t used most of these, but I have read about all of them including a lot of user experiences and I’ve used similar things at least.

A VapCap is also a decent option if you get a small induction heater with it, but trying to use a torch while walking kinda’ sucks and isn’t super discreet. Same issue with directly torch heated stuff like Sticky Bricks, but O’Connell Woodworks and maybe others do have some pretty small pieces if you’re into that style.

…and of course cartridges and other concentrate specific devices are the easiest to keep a low profile with, but I generally prefer flower. :)

Good luck finding the right one, I hope that helps you narrow it down rather than making it harder!

In case it helps, if I were you and I needed something next week I’d just order a TinyMight. Unless you really like long slow sessions every time, then IQ2/IQC. :2c:

beluga808

As I Tinymight user I would definitely recommend it. Usually the TM fits in the palm of your hand. Especially the glass stem is quiet discreet I would say. People probably think it's a regular nicotine vape.
Another option could be the XMax V3Pro (Pen style). I don't own that one but people tell great things about it.

username_not_found

@Vaporware and @beluga808 thanks for your comments. It does sound like the tinymight is probably my best option. How easy is it to clean relative to the Solo?

What don't you like about the solo 2?

Assuming you are UK based? Firewood will be v hard to get.

Tinymight fan here also.
I actually really like the Solo 2 and use it very regularly. But as you correctly guessed, I'm in the UK, so if I'm vaping in public, I'd want the vape to be as discreet as possible. Unlike the Solo 2, the tinymight/pax 3/IQC could all pass for regular nicotine vapes and are reasonably pocketable.

Greenleaf88

Depends what you are looking for in your potable.

If u want to sip on ur biwl as u walk the dog a pax or DaVinci which are both reasonable I would go with the DaVinci.

If you want one that hit all the checkmark tm.
Grasshopper wouldn't recommend native but thru water it's a beast, but that's at home use.

Fury never used the line but I believe it's a medium between the tinymight and DaVinci right in the middle.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I literally refer to my firewood 7 as my perfect dog walk vape.
I call it this too. And I literally take it on dog walks every day. Hard for me to recommend one right now, especially to someone in the UK.

Adding to the chorus here to say: Tinymight. It is one of my favorites and I reach for it all the time. I love trying new devices, but I keep the TM and the FW7 in the regular rotation.

Vapenvy

Indie vaper
If you like your arizers I always find the air with the plastic mouthpiece stem to look and feel almost like an E cig.

For discreet, I don't think you can go past the mflb.

I also use Milaana alot in these situations so I second that but I would think a TM even better for it's ease of use (have not used one.........yet)

Vapenvy,

OldPotHead

I vape to get even
Since you're an Arizer guy, have you given the new AirMax a look. I love Air2 / Solo2 as well, and just ordered, will review when I received. Good luck in your search.

OldPotHead,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I agree with @GoldenBud and @Shit Snacks: Tinymight or Firewood7/8 all day. Realistically that means a Tinymight since the FW8 isn't available and will be annoying to buy with batch drops that sell out in minutes.

The cheap session vapes you listed can't compete with the TM for flavor, vapor quality or speedy extraction. My one caveat is to work around the stainless steel cooling unit, which clogs easily. I only use mine with a j-hook or bubbler at home.

On a budget the Xmax V3 Pro, which is on demand convection, is still capable of better hits than the weak, slow, conduction-heavy session vapes.

Zipford

I really like my Tinymight and highly recommend it, but it isn't terribly discreet. It sounds like a wax/concentrate pen isn't what you're looking for, but something like the Linx Hypnos Zero would be much smaller. It also has a clean vapor path and great taste.

Zipford,
Reactions: Tweakz

encinas88

The Linx Eden by Linx Vapor is a dry herb convection vaporizer but also works with extract since it comes with lava plates. The great thing about it is that its under $100, and has a power boost feature that lets you increase the internal chamber temp by 20 degrees per second so you no matter what you still have full temp control. After the dry herb turns to AVB since its been decarboxylated and can be used to make edibles. If you want something more smaller they also have a Linx Ember that is $39.99 and works like a beast for extracts and oils.

encinas88,

JollyGreenGiant

Just to toss one more solid option out there - you might want to consider an S&B Crafty + if a session vape will fit in. They heat up about at fast as a PAX (maybe faster, but I’d have to do a side by side), the stock cooling unit does a pretty good job, if you clean the cooling unit from time to time, the flavor is solid, the straw/stem folds nicely on the top which makes it supremely pocketable, but offers a FAR better draw experience in my opinion that many of the vapes mentioned thus far, it generates a good amount of vapor and it has a very discrete look to it. Perhaps best of all, the dosing capsules are outstanding, and if you buy the refill tray kit, you can make 40 capsules in a few minutes. S&B makes an airtight metal keychain that holds four capsules which is super slick, as well as an 8 capsule magazine - both are incredibly easy to pocket and both cost less than $7. You can find them new for $209 right now, so for $300 you could buy the Crafty +, the filling set (comes with a few hundred capsules, the dosing tray, capping tool, a digital scale, grinder, etc), and a keychain capsule caddy or magazine or two, and still have $30 or so left to spend on a water pipe adapter and titanium or glass stem, if you were inclined.

I own a TinyMight - and I personally wouldn’t walk around with it… but I definitely would walk around with a crafty +, and again the dosing capsules and capsule caddy’s are a game changer for your use case. Turn it on (in your pocket), once it vibrates you’re ready to go, pop a capsule in - enjoy, then toss the spent capsule in the trash and you’re set. If you want a round two, three or four - you’re ready to go with the tiny capsule caddy, and if you’re a very heavy user or a moderate user on a weekend getaway - one capsule caddy with a fifth capsule loaded in the device with give you 5 solid sessions, take up almost no room, and the usb-c charger doesn’t require you carry a proprietary or antiquated charger/cable around.

Is the Crafty + the best portable? Heavens no… but is it the best no hassle weekend getaway or pocket setup? I’d wager so…

Franco

is (most likely) vaping
Another option that fits perfectly your criteria is the ArGo. It works exactly as you Arizer Air II but in a much smaller form factor :2c:

Franco,
Reactions: cx714

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
For the sake of the thread title, I'll add that I just picked up a Yocan Groote. That coupled with a 1/2 gram live resin cart is the most portable little killer I know.

BabyFacedFinster,
Top Bottom